+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Help Required regarding Transit Visa required or not

arifchd

Aug 25, 2014
I booked a flight (multiple airline - Air India & Air Canada) on goibibo.com from New Delhi to Toronto: Air India flight from New Delhi to Milan (with one stop at Rome but no change of plane) and then 14 hours stopover.......then Air Canada from Milan to Toronto.

Now I received a call from goibibo to confirm that I have Schengen visa / Transit Visa for stopover at Milan/stop at rome.

I need information regarding following points:

1. Do I need a Schengen visa / Transit Visa?

2. As Air India website is not showing flight from delhi to toronto but showing delhi to milan, whether my baggage would automatically transferred to air canada or i have to first collect baggage and then again submit to Air Canada?

Thanks in advance.

karm96

Aug 22, 2014
The citizens of the following countries are required to obtain visas for transit through Italian airports (Airport Transit Visa – ATV):

Afghanistan

Bangladesh

Democrati Republic of Congo

Ethiopia

Iran

Nigeria

Pakistan

Somalia

Sri Lanka

Citizens of the countries listed above are exempt from the obligation to obtain an ATV if in possession of a residence permit issued by one of the following countries: Ireland, Liechtenstein, United Kingdom or of a residence permit with unlimited right of return issued by one of the following countries: Andorra, Canada, Japan, Principality of Monaco, San Marino, Switzerland, United States.

Senegal

Syria

Citizens of the countries listed above are exempt from the obligation to obtain an ATV if the passenger holds a valid visa or residence permit from one of the Member States of the European Economic Area, Canada, or the United States of America.

Eritrea

The Eritrean citizens are exempt from obligation if the passenger holds a valid visa or residence permit from one of the EU Member States or one of the Parties to the European Economic Area Agreement of 2 May 1992, from Canada, Switzerland or the United States.

For long-term sojourns (more than 90 days) for whatever purpose all aliens are required to obtain a visa, even if they are nationals of countries which do not require transit or brief-sojourn visas.

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

arifchd said:
I booked a flight (multiple airline - Air India & Air Canada) on goibibo.com from New Delhi to Toronto: Air India flight from New Delhi to Milan (with one stop at Rome but no change of plane) and then 14 hours stopover.......then Air Canada from Milan to Toronto.

Now I received a call from goibibo to confirm that I have Schengen visa / Transit Visa for stopover at Milan/stop at rome.

I need information regarding following points:

1. Do I need a Schengen visa / Transit Visa?

2. As Air India website is not showing flight from delhi to toronto but showing delhi to milan, whether my baggage would automatically transferred to air canada or i have to first collect baggage and then again submit to Air Canada?

Thanks in advance.

1. You don't need a transit visa for Rome http://www.esteri.it/MAE/EN/Ministero/Servizi/Stranieri/IngressoSoggiornoInItalia/Visto_ingresso/Paesi_soggetti_visto_transito_aeroportuale.htm
2. You will get it in Canada.