+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent help required regarding financial proof !

Nedian0607

Star Member
Jul 5, 2011
Hey Guys...
I am from Pakistan and planning to apply for study permit in June but I have not maintained the required amount in my account...
The options now are:
1. Go to a bank and get running finance i.e, bank loan letter
2. Deposit the amount in my account and keep it for the month of may and then apply
3. Make a bank draft in convertible currency as it is mentioned in the cic website ( But Im unaware of its process)

Please temme which one is the better option ?

AKIF MOIN

Dec 12, 2011
Running finance is not applicable for Canada for PK students. It may be acceptable after August or depending upon rules and policies.

1. U can show running finance as a loan on bank letterhead. This is called account maintenance certificate, in this case u don't need of bank statement. Secondly, U can show running finance is ur own money on bank letterhead. In this case u have to mature it for four months and bank statement is also required. These two principals are widely applicable in Pakistan.

On the time of payment of ur tuition fees, u have to mention $ against ur Rs. in bank drafts.

Nedian0607

Star Member
Jul 5, 2011
Im asking about showing the bank draft as a financial proof (instead of loan letter or bank statement) .....

and what about showing 4 month statement in which the amount was deposited in the last month ?

Star Member
Dec 2, 2011
AKIF MOIN said:
Running finance is not applicable for Canada for PK students. It may be acceptable after August or depending upon rules and policies.

1. U can show running finance as a loan on bank letterhead. This is called account maintenance certificate, in this case u don't need of bank statement. Secondly, U can show running finance is ur own money on bank letterhead. In this case u have to mature it for four months and bank statement is also required. These two principals are widely applicable in Pakistan.

On the time of payment of ur tuition fees, u have to mention $ against ur Rs. in bank drafts.
Dude RF is acceptable correct me if im wrong plx as i submitted my case on the basis of RF

Nedian0607

Star Member
Jul 5, 2011
I have visited many consultants.. Nobody is sure abt RF, some say its not the preferred way and some say its not valid for Canada ! Damn confused !!
And DOES ANYONE HERE KNOW ABOUT THE OPTION OF SHOWING FINANCIAL PROOF BY BANK DRAFT IN CONVERTIBLE CURRENCY ???

AKIF MOIN

Dec 12, 2011
If u arrange the source of bank draft and reason to receive it then it can be applicable, The source must be ur parents and the reason must be study. If u show another source instead of parents then u required affidavit that explain reason to receive it.

Star Member
Dec 2, 2011
Nedian0607 said:
and does it have to be in dollars ? What would be the charges of making such a draft ?
I guess RF is acceptable in Canada many consultants told me that on the basis of RF case can be filled if one does'nt have any other options measn RF should be used as a Last Resort

Star Member
Dec 2, 2011
Nedian0607 said:
I have visited many consultants.. Nobody is sure abt RF, some say its not the preferred way and some say its not valid for Canada ! Damn confused !!
And DOES ANYONE HERE KNOW ABOUT THE OPTION OF SHOWING FINANCIAL PROOF BY BANK DRAFT IN CONVERTIBLE CURRENCY ???
Dude it's written on CIC website that Loan Letter can be used and Loan letter means RF some of the Elite and well reputed consultant in Pakistan told me about this

sak78

Star Member
Feb 22, 2012
what is the current situation ?

what is acceptable in Pakistan? Does any one know

Running finance , Bank Letter, Loan Letter or only they accept 4 month Statement

plz guide