+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT HELP NEEDED

koushik_321

Aug 23, 2009
Hi,

I applied for Canadian Immigration through buffalo office USA in sept 2008.

I am a graduate mechanical engineer and applied using 213 as code. i am having 5+years of Mechanical Design experience. Please note i don't have Canadian arranged employment letter etc.. and my points are exactly 67..

Last week CIC returned all my documents stating that my experience (213) is not included in the occupations specified in the instructions.

Is it possible to request CIC to check for another NOC code

or

Requesting CIC to give additional time (90 days) so that i can get Canadian employment letter. Please note currently i am working in energy which has great opportunities in CANADA. Also i am planning to get married in next month which will add additional points.

my sincere request to provide your valuable comments...

please advice..

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They have already closed your file and sent it back. At some point they will refund your fees.

Take your time to make a new application. Get married and include your wife on it. If you think you can get a job offer in 90 days, you can try. It will add points and speed up your process. Otherwise you would have to have experience in a NOC that is on the most wanted. If you do, you can apply under that NOC.

koushik_321

Aug 23, 2009
Thanks Leon

At present, i am staying in India. if i apt for new application from India, it will take long time.

if i request CIC to give 90 days (so that i can get arranged employment offer letter) before closing my application will there be any positive response..

is 90 days sufficient time if an employer offers me a job in canada..

please advice..

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Under the new rules, it will not take a long time. Under the old rules, it was taking several years from India but the new rules are better.

Your old file is already closed. You can write a letter to CIC and ask them please reconsider and re-open your file for 90 days because you want to see if you can get a job offer but you have almost zero chance of that happening. Maybe if you get an IO who just won the lottery. Even if they did that, you would still need to get the job offer within 90 days for it to work. The chance of that happening is a little bit more than zero but still very hard. You should start looking for jobs anyway and see if you can get a job offer. If it's as easy as you think, you can use it for your new application.

Santosh2000

Star Member
Dec 13, 2008
Dear Koushik,

Please dont work in haste.
As already mentioned, your file is already closed and its highly unlikely that they will reconsider for 90 days, or any no. of days for that matter.

Just let the file come back, get ur refunds, and get yourself married. In the meanwhile, keep trying to get a job offer from Canadian emplyer who can also help in getting an positive AEO done for the same Job Offer from Service Canada(i.e HRSDC).

Or, if your work-experience lies within 38 categories, just re-apply with the matching NOC.
If you can do that, you dont even need AEO or Job offer. Dont worry, these days, if your experience lies in the 38 categories, you can be in Canada in far less time than 12 months,,
All the best,
S.

tdr

Apr 18, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2006
Doc's Request.
20-11-2009
Nomination.....
10-01-2010
AOR Received.
15-06-2006
Med's Request
waiting 4 ever
lots of thanks to Leon and Santosh2000 for your very good advice to Koushik.

tdr