+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent help needed! How to extend work permit

blackrider

Mar 26, 2012
I'm hoping someone can point me to the right direction on "how to extend" my work permit this days.
  • I was granted a "Protected person" status in February 2018 and have also applied for permanent resident.
  • I have been in Canada since 2012 and have always extended the work permit without issues, but for the life of me, it's all over the place now that I can't fathom out where to begin anymore.
  • I have checked my status update for permanent residency application and it says "Estimated remaining processing time: 26 Day(s)", but I need to extend my work permit to safeguard my job in case the process goes beyond the given date as my permit will expire February 2020.
  • Or do I even still need work permit considering I'm already recognized as a conventional refugee?
I have tried to complete it online, but it keeps on sending me allover the place. Any directive will be greatly appreciated.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I'm hoping someone can point me to the right direction on "how to extend" my work permit this days.
  • I was granted a "Protected person" status in February 2018 and have also applied for permanent resident.
  • I have been in Canada since 2012 and have always extended the work permit without issues, but for the life of me, it's all over the place now that I can't fathom out where to begin anymore.
  • I have checked my status update for permanent residency application and it says "Estimated remaining processing time: 26 Day(s)", but I need to extend my work permit to safeguard my job in case the process goes beyond the given date as my permit will expire February 2020.
  • Or do I even still need work permit considering I'm already recognized as a conventional refugee?
I have tried to complete it online, but it keeps on sending me allover the place. Any directive will be greatly appreciated.
If your permit doesn't expire until Feb, just wait another month before applying and see what happens with your PR app.

vanfab

Jul 11, 2024
how do you check for your status update for permanent residency?