dec 15, 2016
AOR Received.
feb 1, 2017
Med's Request
08-01-2018
Passport Req..
10-03-18
natdn said:
I applied online ... Employer needs to fill IMM5802 Form. Your employer will have access to the employer portal. They need to pay employer compliance Fee 230$ & you need to pay 155$ for your closed work permit.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/employer-portal.asp

once they fill the details in employer portal, Offer of employment number will be created. Mine was like A0085XXX ..... You need this number. You have to mention this number in your work permit application.

thanks,
Thank you so much for your answers!!

Yifanfengshun

Star Member
Feb 7, 2016
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
dec 15, 2016
AOR Received.
feb 1, 2017
Med's Request
08-01-2018
Passport Req..
10-03-18
Hi, i just wondering when you submit the offer of employment for closed working permit, is it the same one as you apply for AINP? or do i have to ask my boss to write a new letter ?

mayub

Oct 19, 2016
Hi,

I got OINP nomination under Master's stream and applied for PR in august 2016 but still didn't get my File number. My open work permit expires in december 2016 1st week. I recently got a job and now i have the Offer of Employment number, OINP certificate under masters stream and the letter which came with my nomination. My nomination didn't required any job but now when i need to apply for closed work permit they have also mentioned a document named LETTER OF SUPPORT FROM THE PROVINCE.

I want to know whether the letter i got with my province sufficient to submit instead of this letter of support or i do have to get this LETTER OF SUPPORT. I tried contacting OINP but when i call them they ask me to mail the query and when i mail them i don't get any reply. I am short of time.

And also my nomination was without any job requirement so if i ask them letter of support required for a closed work permit will they provide me with that.?

Please help me to take the right step at this point of time so that i can get my work permit extended without any hassle.

mayub

Oct 19, 2016
One more query I have. In the closed work permit document checklist we have to submit an offer of employment. But i just got the offer of employment number. What should be submitted in the offer of employment upload area ?

Yifanfengshun

Star Member
Feb 7, 2016
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
dec 15, 2016
AOR Received.
feb 1, 2017
Med's Request
08-01-2018
Passport Req..
10-03-18
Does anyone know what is the next step after we got thte number AXXX from employer? Thank you so much

Arunsoasis

Jul 19, 2016
Hi Friends,

My situation is a bit confusing. I am in restoration status as of January 6, 2017. My PGWP expired on October 30, 2016 and got in to implied status by putting a paper application for work permit extension. At that time I had already applied for PNP from the support of my employer in the Northwest Territories. But fortunately or unfortunately I got nominated by OINP under Human Capital Stream in December 2016, right one month after I applied for PNP through Northwesr Territories. But my paper application for extension of work permit was clearly based on the PNP application that had put through the Northwest Territories. My employer had even paid the compliance fees. As soon as I got my nomination from OINP, I withdrew my application from Northwest Territories and accepted the nomination from OINP amd i received ITA for PR in a week. I called CIC and told them that I have already applied for paper based worl permit extension and that I have just received my OINP nomination. The lady I spoke to asked me to immediately apply online as well, but this time just to include my OINP nomination certificate and AOR for PR and I did as I was told to do on December 12,2016. One month after doing so, I received a mesage in my cic which showed that my online file was closed and work permot refused. The reason they gave was that my paper application had the employer compliance fee for An employer from the Northwest Territories but my nomination on file is from Ontario. At that time I was living and working in Northwest Territories. My OINP nomination does not show any employer or provincial restrictions. As of January 6, 2017, I am out of status. I am moving to Ontario next week. I have a few questions:

1. What should I be doing at this pont?
2. Should I be applying for open work permit, visitor visa or student visa since I am Out of status ?
3. Since my nomination does not have any restrictions, should I find an employer who has to pay compliance fees?
4. How can I get a work permit ?

I will really appreciate any help here. Thank you so much in advance foe your help.

Georgesand

Oct 22, 2013
First of all, thank everyone in here for contributing your knowledge and experience! Your advice may actually change people's life!

I have read a few threads and replies but am still confused with the process. I would appreciate if you could guide us step by step with applicable links... Please correct me if I am wrong...This is what I was told by a consultant:

1. We need to prepare the offer letter, PNP nomination certificate, and support letter from PNP
2. Answer this quiz (although I am not sure yet how to answer): http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/account.asp
3. at the end of the quiz we will get a code, use it in MY CIC to apply for the work permit
4. I am not sure about this point onwards. We can upload the offer letter, PNP nomination certificate, support letter from PNP, and work permit application in which we need the offer of employment number (They can pay here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/employer-portal.asp) and once done, we use the number in the work permit application?

Please let me know if I understand this correctly. I really appreciate your help!

natdn

May 8, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
Doc's Request.
10-01-2017
Nomination.....
25-07-2016
AOR Received.
29-11-2016
Arunsoasis said:
Hi Friends,

My situation is a bit confusing. I am in restoration status as of January 6, 2017. My PGWP expired on October 30, 2016 and got in to implied status by putting a paper application for work permit extension. At that time I had already applied for PNP from the support of my employer in the Northwest Territories. But fortunately or unfortunately I got nominated by OINP under Human Capital Stream in December 2016, right one month after I applied for PNP through Northwesr Territories. But my paper application for extension of work permit was clearly based on the PNP application that had put through the Northwest Territories. My employer had even paid the compliance fees. As soon as I got my nomination from OINP, I withdrew my application from Northwest Territories and accepted the nomination from OINP amd i received ITA for PR in a week. I called CIC and told them that I have already applied for paper based worl permit extension and that I have just received my OINP nomination. The lady I spoke to asked me to immediately apply online as well, but this time just to include my OINP nomination certificate and AOR for PR and I did as I was told to do on December 12,2016. One month after doing so, I received a mesage in my cic which showed that my online file was closed and work permot refused. The reason they gave was that my paper application had the employer compliance fee for An employer from the Northwest Territories but my nomination on file is from Ontario. At that time I was living and working in Northwest Territories. My OINP nomination does not show any employer or provincial restrictions. As of January 6, 2017, I am out of status. I am moving to Ontario next week. I have a few questions:

1. What should I be doing at this pont?
2. Should I be applying for open work permit, visitor visa or student visa since I am Out of status ?
3. Since my nomination does not have any restrictions, should I find an employer who has to pay compliance fees?

I will really appreciate any help here. Thank you so much in advance foe your help.

Hello,

Sorry to hear the situation you been through ...

First of all, Closed work permit will be approved only if You have been nominated a province where you work. your Employer has to pay Compliance Fee & give you Offer of Employment Number which is AXXXXX number. This is reason they rejected your application.

Right now ... Since you are out of status .. you can't apply Bridging or Open Work Permit or closed Work permit. you can apply Open/closed Work Permit only if you have Worker status.

You mentioned your PR file is in progress ... you can wait for PR .. Mean while you need to apply Visitor Visa to maintain some status in Canada.

====================================

1. What should I be doing at this point?

You need to get Visitor Status ... until your PR application is processed.

Open - Not possible
Visitor - Possible
Student - Possible if you applied for any program & got approved?

Employer Ontario or whichever province ... will ask your status before giving job. At this time you need to wait for PR ...

Not possible to my knowledge ..

Better consult one lawyer & check for possibilities ....

Thanks ,

natdn

May 8, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
Doc's Request.
10-01-2017
Nomination.....
25-07-2016
AOR Received.
29-11-2016
Georgesand said:
First of all, thank everyone in here for contributing your knowledge and experience! Your advice may actually change people's life!

I have read a few threads and replies but am still confused with the process. I would appreciate if you could guide us step by step with applicable links... Please correct me if I am wrong...This is what I was told by a consultant:

1. We need to prepare the offer letter, PNP nomination certificate, and support letter from PNP
2. Answer this quiz (although I am not sure yet how to answer): http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/account.asp
3. at the end of the quiz we will get a code, use it in MY CIC to apply for the work permit
4. I am not sure about this point onwards. We can upload the offer letter, PNP nomination certificate, support letter from PNP, and work permit application in which we need the offer of employment number (They can pay here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/employer-portal.asp) and once done, we use the number in the work permit application?

Please let me know if I understand this correctly. I really appreciate your help!

Yes Create an application as you mentioned .... Then upload your nomination certificate , mention your A number in your application & other docs ...

Click Submit & pay fees

Good Luck

Georgesand

Oct 22, 2013
natdn said:
Yes Create an application as you mentioned .... Then upload your nomination certificate , mention your A number in your application & other docs ...

Click Submit & pay fees

Good Luck
Thank you so much :D

Nigama

Nov 9, 2018
Hi Natdn,

I hope you have not send your work permit application at the moment because I guess you were getting a mixed up information which might end you in restoration just like me, unable to work until you're restored and issued a new work permit. You might lose your job because not all employer can wait that long for you to come back to work and without working status your PR is in danger. I was lucky my employer were able to get me back to work after waited for like 7 months (restoration & new work permit).

From my experience, I applied for BOWP in May 2015 before my P/G work permit expired September, continue working on implied status. Received my AOR in October sent it to then CIC. My application was refused in November 2015, stopped working immediately - out of status.

I called IRCC, the call agents were confusing with wrong information then I was lucky with one of the agents who explained and email me the link that I MUST have received AOR before I can qualify for BOWP which will be issued for DURATION OF 1 YEAR.
Then (November 2015) I got my AOR but not qualify anymore for BOWP because I am out of status at the end of my post graduate work permit.

I quickly talked with my employer about the only option left because I have provincial certificate and called my province for support letter 204(c), my employer paid compliance fee $230 through employer portal and generated me ID #, included my employment as well, and applied for closed work permit.

I received the new work permit in May 2016 which valid for 2 years.

I have family and all effort to expedite the processing time proved abortive. I contacted Honourable MP & Immigration Minister
My MP was so helpful, Michelle Rempel. her office got me information I needed within 2 days , that IRCC did not make mistake in refusing BOWP because I do not have AOR before I applied for it. So I have to wait for normal processing time which was more than 6 months at that time.

Good news from her office was that my new (closed work permit) application through my employer was perfect & okay, no more information or document needed but the bad news was that I have to wait at least 6 months - for my restoration & new work permit to be issued.

Almost after 1 month I received email from office of Immigration Minister that my application was refused because I do not have AOR before applied for BOWP and my new work permit application can not be expedited.

1) YOU MUST HAVE YOUR AOR HANDY BEFORE APPLY FOR BOWP, WITHOUT THAT AUTOMATIC REFUSAL, THEN YOU WILL BE OUT OF STATUS, PROBLEM START FROM THERE

2) YOU NEED YOUR PROVINCIAL CERTIFICATE AND SUPPORT LETTER FOR NEW WORK PERMIT (CLOSED), & CONFIRMATION PRINT OUT LETTER FROM YOUR EMPLOYER PORTAL ONLINE REGISTRATION, WHERE $230 WAS PAID & GENERATE YOU APPLICATION ID #

3) YOU WILL GET 2 YEARS CLOSED WORK PERMIT WITH THIS APPLICATION, AGAIN AT THE MOMENT YOUR ARE NOT QUALIFIED FOR BOWP - ACCORDING TO REQUIREMENT STATED ABOVE (1)

4) IT SEEMS YOUR EMPLOYER DID NOT KNOW MUCH ABOUT IT OR WANT TO PLAY DOWN ON YOU. THIS APPLICATION IS LMIA EXEMPT BECAUSE YOU WERE NOMINATED BY YOUR PROVINCE, HOLDING POSTGRADUATE WORK PERMIT DOES NOT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THIS APPLICATION BECAUSE YOU WERE NOMINATED. YOU ARE APPLYING FOR NEW CLOSED WORK PERMIT WITH THE SAME EMPLOYER

5)ABDUL & MOVINCOOL WERE RIGHT, THIS IS THE ONLY OPTION FOR YOU NOW

6)YOU MAY LEAD YOUR EMPLOYER TO TAKE THE $230 FROM YOUR WORK PAY BECAUSE YOU WILL BE WORKING BEFORE YOUR NEW WORK PERMIT IS READY - IMPLIED STATUS, NO LMIA FEE REQUIRED - LMIA EXEMPTED BECAUSE YOU WERE NOMINATED.

I hope this help, you can research for more information, updates, and help.

I stand to be corrected!

GOOD LUCK!

Nigama

Nov 9, 2018
Hi there i need help,i applied for pnp lmia exempt T13,204c form Ontario. Its approved. N i applied for work permit unfortunately got rejected coz of 230$ fee from company. But now everything is good .
Thing is i got my temporary paper pr application # i need to wait until new one comes.so am now confused to restore my status can i apply for open bridge work permit or extend visa inside Canada?
Guys kindly help me.

johnpeterdpt

Aug 21, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Lagos, Nigeria
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
YES
IELTS Request
finished
Passport Req..
Waiting responce
VISA ISSUED...
No
LANDED..........
No
Hi Natdn,

I hope you have not send your work permit application at the moment because I guess you were getting a mixed up information which might end you in restoration just like me, unable to work until you're restored and issued a new work permit. You might lose your job because not all employer can wait that long for you to come back to work and without working status your PR is in danger. I was lucky my employer were able to get me back to work after waited for like 7 months (restoration & new work permit).

From my experience, I applied for BOWP in May 2015 before my P/G work permit expired September, continue working on implied status. Received my AOR in October sent it to then CIC. My application was refused in November 2015, stopped working immediately - out of status.

I called IRCC, the call agents were confusing with wrong information then I was lucky with one of the agents who explained and email me the link that I MUST have received AOR before I can qualify for BOWP which will be issued for DURATION OF 1 YEAR.
Then (November 2015) I got my AOR but not qualify anymore for BOWP because I am out of status at the end of my post graduate work permit.

I quickly talked with my employer about the only option left because I have provincial certificate and called my province for support letter 204(c), my employer paid compliance fee $230 through employer portal and generated me ID #, included my employment as well, and applied for closed work permit.

I received the new work permit in May 2016 which valid for 2 years.

I have family and all effort to expedite the processing time proved abortive. I contacted Honourable MP & Immigration Minister
My MP was so helpful, Michelle Rempel. her office got me information I needed within 2 days , that IRCC did not make mistake in refusing BOWP because I do not have AOR before I applied for it. So I have to wait for normal processing time which was more than 6 months at that time.

Good news from her office was that my new (closed work permit) application through my employer was perfect & okay, no more information or document needed but the bad news was that I have to wait at least 6 months - for my restoration & new work permit to be issued.

Almost after 1 month I received email from office of Immigration Minister that my application was refused because I do not have AOR before applied for BOWP and my new work permit application can not be expedited.

1) YOU MUST HAVE YOUR AOR HANDY BEFORE APPLY FOR BOWP, WITHOUT THAT AUTOMATIC REFUSAL, THEN YOU WILL BE OUT OF STATUS, PROBLEM START FROM THERE

2) YOU NEED YOUR PROVINCIAL CERTIFICATE AND SUPPORT LETTER FOR NEW WORK PERMIT (CLOSED), & CONFIRMATION PRINT OUT LETTER FROM YOUR EMPLOYER PORTAL ONLINE REGISTRATION, WHERE $230 WAS PAID & GENERATE YOU APPLICATION ID #

3) YOU WILL GET 2 YEARS CLOSED WORK PERMIT WITH THIS APPLICATION, AGAIN AT THE MOMENT YOUR ARE NOT QUALIFIED FOR BOWP - ACCORDING TO REQUIREMENT STATED ABOVE (1)

4) IT SEEMS YOUR EMPLOYER DID NOT KNOW MUCH ABOUT IT OR WANT TO PLAY DOWN ON YOU. THIS APPLICATION IS LMIA EXEMPT BECAUSE YOU WERE NOMINATED BY YOUR PROVINCE, HOLDING POSTGRADUATE WORK PERMIT DOES NOT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THIS APPLICATION BECAUSE YOU WERE NOMINATED. YOU ARE APPLYING FOR NEW CLOSED WORK PERMIT WITH THE SAME EMPLOYER

5)ABDUL & MOVINCOOL WERE RIGHT, THIS IS THE ONLY OPTION FOR YOU NOW

6)YOU MAY LEAD YOUR EMPLOYER TO TAKE THE $230 FROM YOUR WORK PAY BECAUSE YOU WILL BE WORKING BEFORE YOUR NEW WORK PERMIT IS READY - IMPLIED STATUS, NO LMIA FEE REQUIRED - LMIA EXEMPTED BECAUSE YOU WERE NOMINATED.

I hope this help, you can research for more information, updates, and help.

I stand to be corrected!

GOOD LUCK!

Hi Nifemi,

I am also applied work permit R204c with OINP support letter on 31st May 2019. Till now the status showing submited, However i completed my biometrics and medical. So, Can you please tell me how long will take time to get approval. WP applied in Lagos, Nigeria.

Nifemi05

Star Member
Jun 3, 2015
Hi
Hi Nifemi,

I am also applied work permit R204c with OINP support letter on 31st May 2019. Till now the status showing submited, However i completed my biometrics and medical. So, Can you please tell me how long will take time to get approval. WP applied in Lagos, Nigeria.
Hi