+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT Guidance Required - Medical Q's

Shori

Apr 18, 2017
G'day from Down Under,

Not sure if this is the right place to ask the below q's.

My partner (main applicant) and I have been invited to apply for Express Entry . We have all necessary docs ready, but my medical appointment is after the cut off date for applying.

We were wondering if we could still apply or should we withdraw? I have a reference number that I got for my medical booking. Will that not be proof enough that I have booked myself in?

Cheers
Shori

Shori

Apr 18, 2017
Hi DEEPCUR,

The offer was made on the 25 Jan 2017 and my partner booked and got her medical done. At the time she was applying on her own. The plan was that after she would have got her PR she was simply going to sponsor me as her partner.

But recently we decided that both of us should apply together. So, I gave my IELTS, got the qualifications assessed etc. The only thing I'm unable to do before the cut off date Apr 25 is the medical. It has been booked for the 03 May.

Not sure if we can still apply or simply withdraw and apply again and hope that we might be included in the next pool?

Cheers

student7872014

Jan 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You know that, you can go to another CIC approved clinic (aka Panel Physician) in another city/country, and have the upfront medicals done there.....
So, I would suggest to just book another appointment from a different clinic, and get it done before your deadline.

Shori

Apr 18, 2017
Hi guys,

I got a date for my medical for tomorrow (I'm in Sydney). I think now I can apply. They will issue me a 'sheet' with info that I can use to upload with my application. Although, the results take 5 working days (cut off date for app is Apr 25), the fact that medical has been completed should be sufficient.

The results will only be available on Apr 26 or 27. This should not be a problem I suppose?

Cheers

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Shori said:
Hi guys,

I got a date for my medical for tomorrow (I'm in Sydney). I think now I can apply. They will issue me a 'sheet' with info that I can use to upload with my application. Although, the results take 5 working days (cut off date for app is Apr 25), the fact that medical has been completed should be sufficient.

The results will only be available on Apr 26 or 27. This should not be a problem I suppose?

Cheers
Proof of completion is sufficient

DRWOU

Star Member
Oct 12, 2016
Shori said:
Hi guys,

Cheers
the sheet is enough, you don't need t wait for the results, that will be uploaded by the doctor. you are good to go.

all the best