+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent enquiry on POF

Rheaaa

Jul 30, 2018
Hey...i have an urgent question...does anybody here know about how to showcase the pof ,if the necessary balance is with the secondary applicant's bank a/c which cant be made a joint one with the spouse...i read that a bank statement for pof and a simple letter from secondary applicant that spouse has complete access to it enough...anybody here who has gone through the same???...
Its kind of urgent...if anyone can help it will be highly grateful!!!

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
Hey...i have an urgent question...does anybody here know about how to showcase the pof ,if the necessary balance is with the secondary applicant's bank a/c which cant be made a joint one with the spouse...i read that a bank statement for pof and a simple letter from secondary applicant that spouse has complete access to it enough...anybody here who has gone through the same???...
Its kind of urgent...if anyone can help it will be highly grateful!!!
Yes that is enough, doesn't need to be a joint account.

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
Are you sure??because i read its not acceptable if its not joint a/c thats why am desperate
Then trust what you have read!! Simple as that!!!

And if you are not in so much hurry then also read this and decide for yourself.

Proof of funds – Skilled immigrants (Express Entry)
You must show that you have enough money to settle in Canada to meet the minimum requirements of:

• the Federal Skilled Worker Program or
  • the Federal Skilled Trades Program
You can’t borrow this money from another person. You must be able to use this money to pay the costs of living for your family (even if they aren’t coming with you).

If your spouse is coming with you, you can count money you have together in a joint account. You may be able to count money in an account under their name only, but you must prove you have access to the money.

If you are invited to apply, you must give written proof that you have this money.

Reactions: viki1805

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
A

Lso

Thanks for the prompt reply...is there any format for the same??no need to get it notarised...right?
There is no specific format of the letter. And yes there is no need for it to get notarized. But if you are so worried why don't you add your name to account of your spouse. It will hardly take a few hours to go to a bank and do that. Else a simple letter is fine.

Rheaaa

Jul 30, 2018
Then trust what you have read!! Simple as that!!!

And if you are not in so much hurry then also read this and decide for yourself.

Proof of funds – Skilled immigrants (Express Entry)
You must show that you have enough money to settle in Canada to meet the minimum requirements of:

• the Federal Skilled Worker Program or
  • the Federal Skilled Trades Program
You can’t borrow this money from another person. You must be able to use this money to pay the costs of living for your family (even if they aren’t coming with you).

If your spouse is coming with you, you can count money you have together in a joint account. You may be able to count money in an account under their name only, but you must prove you have access to the money.

If you are invited to apply, you must give written proof that you have this money.
That written proof need not be notarised...right?? Just a write up from the secondary applicant is enough i guess.
My spouse is settled abroad as if now and the a/c is in that foreign country bsnk...so i cant be a joint a/c holder

Rheaaa

Jul 30, 2018
There is no specific format of the letter. And yes there is no need for it to get notarized. But if you are so worried why don't you add your name to account of your spouse. It will hardly take a few hours to go to a bank and do that. Else a simple letter is fine.
But my husband is currently settled abroad ...and the a/c is in that foreign country bank...i have to be physically present to be a joint account holder...thats creating sll the chaos...

Rheaaa

Jul 30, 2018
But my husband is currently settled abroad ...and the a/c is in that foreign country bank...i have to be physically p

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
But my husband is currently settled abroad ...and the a/c is in that foreign country bank...i have to be physically present to be a joint account holder...thats creating sll the chaos..
That written proof need not be notarised...right?? Just a write up from the secondary applicant is enough i guess.
My spouse is settled abroad as if now and the a/c is in that foreign country bsnk...so i cant be a joint a/c holder
Yes no need of notarization.