May 17, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Noc2123
AOR Received.
31-12-2020
I got my COPR last year which was valid till 1/april/2023. I got married in Feb this year and raised a webform right away informing them of this change. I expressed my interest of getting my file reopened since I intended my wife to accompany me to Canada. I got an acknowledgement about the receipt of my enquiry through email a couple of days later. I did not hear for a long time so I email them after two weeks and then raised another webform again on 31/3/2023.

The real problem arose when I received an email from them on 3/April/2023 and they did not address my change of marital status or anything about reopening my file, they didn't even ask me for any additional documents or give me any instructions. Instead the email read as follow - "If you have a confirmation of permanent residence (COPR) that is expiring or has expired, please consult this information."

I think the IRCC officer recieved my representation after the expiry of my COPR. I think I'm in the right because I did my part my informing them on time and gave them enough time (1.5 months) to process my request. What should I do now?

Reactions: Bolanle21

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
I got my COPR last year which was valid till 1/april/2023. I got married in Feb this year and raised a webform right away informing them of this change. I expressed my interest of getting my file reopened since I intended my wife to accompany me to Canada. I got an acknowledgement about the receipt of my enquiry through email a couple of days later. I did not hear for a long time so I email them after two weeks and then raised another webform again on 31/3/2023.

The real problem arose when I received an email from them on 3/April/2023 and they did not address my change of marital status or anything about reopening my file, they didn't even ask me for any additional documents or give me any instructions. Instead the email read as follow - "If you have a confirmation of permanent residence (COPR) that is expiring or has expired, please consult this information."

I think the IRCC officer recieved my representation after the expiry of my COPR. I think I'm in the right because I did my part my informing them on time and gave them enough time (1.5 months) to process my request. What should I do now?
Considering processing times these days, Though you did right by informing IRCC before your COPR expiry, you should have informed IRCC about your intention/plans ahead. Since your COPR is expired, you should get it extended and add your spouse.

Good Luck

Vishavdeepk

May 17, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Noc2123
AOR Received.
31-12-2020
Considering processing times these days, Though you did right by informing IRCC before your COPR expiry, you should have informed IRCC about your intention/plans ahead. Since your COPR is expired, you should get it extended and add your spouse.

Good Luck
Is there a process to get it extended? How do I do that?

walnorez

Feb 14, 2021
After you add spouse your COPR is cancelled and your wife passes through Medical, Criminality and Security check. Then you pass again through Medical and Security.

So give or take, it lasts like around 1 year to add a spouse as accompanying dependant, it’s not a fast thing with prolonging COPRs at all.

Vishavdeepk

May 17, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Noc2123
AOR Received.
31-12-2020
After you add spouse your COPR is cancelled and your wife passes through Medical, Criminality and Security check. Then you pass again through Medical and Security.

So give or take, it lasts like around 1 year to add a spouse as accompanying dependant, it’s not a fast thing with prolonging COPRs at all.
Bro my COPR is already expired now. My problem is that I emailed/webformed them regarding adding my spouse as a dependent but they did not address it. Instead they replied about my expired COPR. After that I saw my profile and no changes have been made and no additional ADR had been received. I'm worried that since the agent saw my webform after the expiry of my COPR, he decided to keep my file was closed instead of adding my spouse, because my COPR was expired.

Please guide on what I can do to get my spouse added now, I'm going crazy

Reactions: Bolanle21

walnorez

Feb 14, 2021
I wouldn’t call it “expired”, it would get cancelled any way with the addition of spouse. I got RFV letter and hence COPR issued same time, but I never applied for the visa and COPR because I needed to add spouse. So it didn’t matter that IRCC saw my webform after my theoretical COPR expired, because I notified them when my COPR was technically valid.

Nonetheless, you just need to send a webform to IRCC about addition of spouse and you can already google the list of forms that they will ask for later.

For ex, what they asked me for initially:
1) new RPRF fee for spouse, can be paid straight away: https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/welcome.do?lang=en
2) spouse’s picture as per requirements https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445eb-e.pdf
3) forms: IMM 0008,IMM 5406, IMM 5669,IMM5562 E
4) spouse’s birth certificate, passport, marriage certificate, all previous marriage and divorce certificates
5) spouse’s PCCs
6) pictures and common expenses proof
7) relationship questionnaires

After they’ll add the spouse, they’ll generate her a separate UCI and with that one you can proceed to do medicals. You can’t do it before she gets a UCI. And you’ll need IRCC to check all the previous ones before asking her to submit Biometrics.

It took us around 2 months for IRCC to add spouse to application and then another 6 months to get them to the stage where they asked her to submit the fingerprints. And then we sort of passed all stages and now are just waiting for RFV letter. Waiting more than 2 months.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018

Bolanle21

Jun 28, 2024
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
Hello ,
I want to find out if you were able to resolve this eventually .
Thank you