+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Answer Required from Indian Brothers.....

ravi9236

Jul 27, 2013
Hello Everyone I am Ravi923615 and I am willing to apply in university of victoria, university of regina, university of manitoba and university of Guelph in MASc course in ECE dep. with System Engineering as Major so can you guys tell me which university will accept me according to my profile

10th - 64%
12th - 66%
B.Tech ECE - 73.32%
IELTS - 7.0 band
with 2 years of experiance in IT industry. I have also done 6-month Post Graduate Diploma in Advance Computing from Government Institution does it add any advantage to my profile. Please Help !!!!!!!!!
One More thing can I get any kind of Funding from anyone. Like GA or RA or anything.

ricky.kaushal

Jul 8, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2014, Spouse added March 8, 2015
Doc's Request.
RPRF and PCC - Aug 12, 2014 Wife's Doc - April 22.2015
Nomination.....
19-03-2014
AOR Received.
01-05-2014
File Transfer...
In process & DM July 30th, 2015
Med's Request
01-05-2014 Wife's June 10, 2015
Med's Done....
03-05-2014 Wife's June 11, 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 30th, 2015
LANDED..........
Sept 10, 2015
ravi9236 said:
Hello Everyone I am Ravi923615 and I am willing to apply in university of victoria, university of regina, university of manitoba and university of Guelph in MASc course in ECE dep. with System Engineering as Major so can you guys tell me which university will accept me according to my profile

10th - 64%
12th - 66%
B.Tech ECE - 73.32%
IELTS - 7.0 band
with 2 years of experiance in IT industry. I have also done 6-month Post Graduate Diploma in Advance Computing from Government Institution does it add any advantage to my profile. Please Help !!!!!!!!!
One More thing can I get any kind of Funding from anyone. Like GA or RA or anything.

Your profile looks good but admission depends on college requirements. Try and you will get to know. You are going in ECE department and can you relate how your advance computing course links with your proposed studies.

tiger007

Champion Member
ravi9236 said:

10th - 64%
12th - 66%
B.Tech ECE - 73.32%
IELTS - 7.0 band
Hi,

The decision on an application for a Canadian study permit will completely be based on one's individual application package. Usually good academic record ( especially marks of last major degree) , proper course selection (preferably showing progression in same field) consistent profile, sufficient proof of funding and a decent IELTS score is seen as a standard benchmark to get the Canadian study permit. There may be more requirements, depending upon the citizenship of one's country.

Most Canadian universities need atleast B grade or minimum 60%-65% (depending on the university) in final 2 years of a 4 years Bachelor's degree for students from India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nigeria etc. and an IELTS score of 6.5 overall (with no bands less than 6)(some top grade universities may require IELTS score of overall 7)/ equivalent score of TOEFL also accepted in most universities for being eligible to apply to Master degree programs.

You can pursue a course based master degree ( generally called M.Eng) OR a thesis based/ applied research degree ( generally called MaSc.) in ECE or closely related fields. The research based degrees are usually much more competitive, where one generally needs to show some knack for research (like published papers) and selected students usually get partial or full funding. Some universities may also offer funding for their course based Master's in Engineering programs.

Most universities DO NOT require GRE. Overall academic record and academic marks in Bachelor's (in your case marks in final 2 years of B.Tech) is the single biggest criteria for admission to Canadian Engineering Master degrees. Higher the Bachelor degree scores, better it is. 70% marks should get you admitted to mid level universities. CDAC approved Post Graduate Diploma in Advance Computing if nothing, definitely strengthens your profile, indicating deeper knowledge in field of computing.

Here's the list of ALL recognized Canadian educational institutes eligible for OCWP+PGWP, listed according to province:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/institutions/participants.asp

Go through other university websites, to see if other programs might suit you or not. To get into top grade universities, you are expected to have an excellent academic record.

You have a pretty decent academic record/resume to get into M.S of 1 of the universities you have mentioned. Out of the universities you have mentioned, I would personally say... Univ. of Victoria offers world-class education at affordable fees. Univ. of Manitoba is also a good choice. But at the end, go for a program whose course contents suits your long term goals.

Hope it helps.

Best of Luck.

***All opinions expressed are purely personal, and pieces of information mentioned are to the best of my knowledge... You should consult other sources too.

nikhil1308

Star Member
Jul 15, 2013
True that ... In your case everything looks good
Just check if any common test required like
GMAT or gre
I have an offer from Regina for MBA and I a telling
You thus that your scores are sufficient to support you
Infancy not only Regina they are good for all universities
Funding is a little tricky , you need to show 1 yr fee or deposit
An year fee and show another 10,000 cad for living for an year

Funding part will come later while u apply for visa , for now
Concentrate on application and make sure that sop and lor are
Damn good

ravi9236

Jul 27, 2013
Well I am actually interested in MASc in ECE with Embedded System as major research program. And I forgot to mention about university of Saskatchewan did I will get any chance here.
Final query is that what is the employement rate of those university for international graduate students. Please @Tiger007 sir please help me "Tiger007"

sushilsrk

May 16, 2012
ravi9236 said:
Well I am actually interested in MASc in ECE with Embedded System as major research program. And I forgot to mention about university of Saskatchewan did I will get any chance here.
Final query is that what is the employement rate of those university for international graduate students. Please @ Tiger007 sir please help me "Tiger007"
@ravi for any research program you need to contact the Supervisor and if they find your profile good enough then only you will get an admit in research course. Have you done any publications on any topics at graduation because this will give you an advantage to show your interest in research skills.
I will say go for GRE as this will also help the supervisor to evaluate your profile better. These all are somewhat required to get a research purpose.

Being an Indian i know you are more worried about the JOB. Well to answer that i will say its same as rest of the world there is no discrimination on basis of nationality but all countries give preference to there countrymen :) and that's true. If you have good grades and knowledge you will surely get a job so dont think about that now and concentrate on admission and other process.

i hope this helps yes Tiger is the best person to comment as he is the guy who has helped millions out here in this forum and i am one of that millions.
Cheers all the best

Aug 14, 2013
my have rejection under SPP for SEP 2013 intake, can I apply for Jan 2014 intake under SPP again or I have to apply under general category only.

Profile:-

PGPM (2010-2012) 6.69 CGPA
BBA (2007-2010) 72%
10+2 (2007)- 64%
10th (2005)- 51

IELTS- 6.5 overall
Reading-7.5
Listening- 7
Writting- 6.5
Speaking- 5.5

Any university will give me admission in MBA with these marks?? If yes please menition..

Reason for rejection-
1.studies not in logical progression
2. will not come back to India
3. Family ties
4. past travel history
5. puspose of visit.

Please guide me, what should I do or should I drop this Idea.