+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT!!!AM applying for study permit.Can my partner apply for OPW with me?

mm_bb

Jul 17, 2012
Hi everyone, we are in the complicated situation and really need some help....
am applying for study permit in canada for my postgraduate course...(am chinese and living in uk now...psw visa)..and my partner is from india who is going to go to canada with me. (student visa in uk)...If I apply for my study permit from london, can he apply for open work permit with me together? He thought about applying for TRV but seems like there is high chance to get rejected... Also, we have letters from his families saying that they will support us during we stay in canada and my parents bank statement with a letter as well. So if he can, what documents he needs to apply for it? and how much money we have to show? (we cant show any money from our own account...all funding support are from my parents, his families and two sponsors... ) Could anyone give us some suggestion please?

p.s.: is it required to show letters from university and previous employer?

if can, which forms he should submit apart from IMM1295E and family information?

mm_bb

Jul 17, 2012
just read the check list of work permit application. its mentioned "you must submit the following items" :job offer from your employer in canada, evidence that you meet the requirements of the job offer.....so my partner is going to apply for open work permit, does he need to submit those mentioned above?? cuz open work permit doesnt need a job offer...but its mentioned "must submit"....anyone could help please??????????

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

mm_bb said:
just read the check list of work permit application. its mentioned "you must submit the following items" :job offer from your employer in canada, evidence that you meet the requirements of the job offer.....so my partner is going to apply for open work permit, does he need to submit those mentioned above?? cuz open work permit doesnt need a job offer...but its mentioned "must submit"....anyone could help please??????????
No, he doesn't he submits the requests for the OWP with his TRV application and your study permit application and TRV.

mm_bb

Jul 17, 2012
Hi PMM,

thank you for your reply...... when u say TRV do u mean the form called IMM5257B?