+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent advice on name change -WES

tmb

Feb 5, 2019
I want to apply for ECA for canada immigration along with my spouse. For getting more marks I want ECA of my spouse to get done by WES.

The problem is that my spouse education documents are in her prior marriage surname and after marriage, her surname is changed which is updated in passport, pan card ,aadhar card and bank accounts.

Is it necessary to have marriage certificate as I don't have the same. Will passport along with explanation letter be sufficed for WES to issue ECA certificate incorporating my spouse after marriage name

Please guide.

Thanka
Can you please update, what was further results from WES and did any issue was raised during EE profile creation and during PR processing

tmb

Feb 5, 2019
I applied in my maiden name. I suggest you should apply in the name it appears on the certificates.
Can you please update, what was further results from WES and did any issue was raised during EE profile creation and during PR processing

May 24, 2019
Hello.. I’m facing the same situation. My maiden name is Neetu sachdev and after marriage it changed to VRISHA MOTWANI. I sent all my documents(notarized affidavit, old passport, new passport) to WES along with my credentials for evaluation. But they canceled my application twice. They are very persistent that they will not accept my new name. Will this be a problem to my EE profile?
Just a question if wes cancels the application do they refund the application amount

Shashi RB

Sep 19, 2019
Dear friends/ experts
Bhiman here from Shimla( India).
I want to do my ECA through WES

I have some doubt in my mind, i hope you can help me out here.

I have changed my name in all my educational certificates. All my new certificates carrying my both name (new name alias old name). Some more my passport is under my new name including my surname.

Please advise me that should i create my account under my new name with surname ? Also advise that i can get ECA report or not.

Regards
Bhiman Suryavanshi

Hi Could you give me contact number or mail id i want to talk to you regarding name change in educational certificates.
my mail id shashiec58@gmail.com please contact me.

pakul

Oct 30, 2019
WES, as part of its process will issue your ECA report as per the name in the educational certificates. So you will not have any issue in getting your ECA done. In fact, if you want them to mention your name as per the passport, then send them a letter along with the copy of your marriage certificate and copy of your passport explaining your case. The maximum they would do is mention your name as per your passport in brackets in your ECA report. In the worst case, even if they issue your ECA report as per your maiden name, you need not worry as it is understood that surname changes after marriage and educational certificates will have the maiden name (provided it was completed before marriage).
Hi,

I have the same case, that my wife is primary owner and her name is changed post marriage i.e. passport has her latest name while educational certificates holds the maiden name. So on reading on all the posts, i can infer that i should created WES account with my wife passport name and while creating educational credentials i should mention her maiden name i.e. name that is present on her educational certificates. I will also send marriage certificate along with my documents WES to prove the relationship between the names. Please let me know if someone else followed same procedure and faced any issues.

Thanks

vivekmenon05

Dec 12, 2019
Upon enclosing the gazette with old and new copies of passports and a Cover letter, WES rejected to send an evaluation with the following reply ----"

" We regret to inform you that we are unable to prepare an evaluation report for you due to a significant difference between the name on your order and the name on one or more of the credentials submitted.

We are cancelling your application. If you paid by credit card, we will issue a refund of $322.05 to your card. Please allow time for processing. If you used another payment method, we will mail a check to you within three (3) weeks.
If you would like World Education Services (WES) to prepare an evaluation report under the name on your academic credentials, please submit a new WES application using that name.

If you believe that your institution(s) made a mistake, you can submit a new application. Please ask your institution(s) to re-issue your academic documents with the correct name. Please send all documents to WES in the manner specified for your country on the WES Required Documents page.

Sincerely,

Accounting Department

World Education Services "

What a stupid service.
If I take the ECA report with the previous name, Will IRCC/EE team will accept that report as the report generated to date is after my legal name change.

Please, someone, help me in this regard.

I assume It has been a year since you have put this post. Can you let us know what have you done to get the matter cleared?

Thanks
Vivek Menon

Nageshroshini

Jul 14, 2020
Hi all
I got my wes report
But my name it’s Roshini Ravishankar
But report it’s coming like Ravishankar Roshini so it’s there any problem

sudhir680

Aug 30, 2020
Hi,

I have the same case, that my wife is primary owner and her name is changed post marriage i.e. passport has her latest name while educational certificates holds the maiden name. So on reading on all the posts, i can infer that i should created WES account with my wife passport name and while creating educational credentials i should mention her maiden name i.e. name that is present on her educational certificates. I will also send marriage certificate along with my documents WES to prove the relationship between the names. Please let me know if someone else followed same procedure and faced any issues.

Thanks
Hi... I have a similar case but in the passport her maiden first name is also mentioned like NEWNAME ALIAS MAIDENNAME SURNAME. On the credentials her name is MAIDENNAME OLDSURNAME. I am also thinking of creating the WES account as per her passport name and while creating credentials I will mention the name as per the credentials... Do I also need to send marriage certificate ???

Aatika_m

Star Member
Dec 3, 2019
Hi... I have a similar case but in the passport her maiden first name is also mentioned like NEWNAME ALIAS MAIDENNAME SURNAME. On the credentials her name is MAIDENNAME OLDSURNAME. I am also thinking of creating the WES account as per her passport name and while creating credentials I will mention the name as per the credentials... Do I also need to send marriage certificate ???
Hey hi . Actually I wanted to know whether you applied for wes evaluation and if you did, did you have to face any kind of issue.?

Basically I am asking it for my sister. She has my father's surname on all her credentials while her passport has her name my father's surname plus her husband's surname. So should I be going ahead like you did or should I not ? Waiting for your response