+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

urgent advice needed please - I want to get my home country passport back

Sherbrook

Star Member
Mar 9, 2019
When I wanted to get RTD, Canada Passports asked me to hand over my home country passport so that I can get RTD a refugee travel document.

When I applied then I sent my home country passport and today I am a Canadian citizen and I have a Canadian passport and handed them the refugee travel document when I applied for the Canadian passport but I could not get my country's passport back.

I sent mails to IRCC and passport Canada, also raised a webform with no luck.

Please help me if anyone has gone through the same experience.

rcincanada2019

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
When I wanted to get RTD, Canada Passports asked me to hand over my home country passport so that I can get RTD a refugee travel document.

When I applied then I sent my home country passport and today I am a Canadian citizen and I have a Canadian passport and handed them the refugee travel document when I applied for the Canadian passport but I could not get my country's passport back.

Just curious, why do you want your old passport back? Isn’t it safer to travel with your Canadian passport as you will be under the protection of the Canadian government? If you travel with your country’s passport, you are travelling under the protection from the government behind that passport.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Read through the thread here on what has worked for others: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/get-home-country-passport-back-after-becoming-pr.791592/