+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent advice needed on Ielts

CADparity

Star Member
Sep 5, 2015
Sunny_Sharma said:
Hi everyone,

So, I got my results for the IELTS General Training yesterday!

Score is:

Reading - 8
Listening - 8.5
Speaking - 9
Writing - 6.5 :(

Problem is as per CRC points calculator with current IELTS score and other parameters my score is around 408!

HOWEVER, if I increase my score in writing section by 0.5 (band 7), CRC points shoots up to 458 !!

Now, I am confused big time. Re-evaluation for IELTS is £60 but takes upto 8 weeks and chances of changing results is negligible as per some online blogs. Taking a new test is expensive (£155) and the next test schedule is in 1st week of April followed by result which usually takes 2 weeks.

Can someone please advice what can I do now??

Also, I need to start the ECA process asap.

Thanks in advance. :)
My advice is to find a good IELTS teacher and send two essays on IELTS topics for evaluation. Do these essays under the same timing conditions as the real test. Write as you did in the original test. If the teacher's evaluation differs wildly from the points you got in your IELTS, then perhaps you could go for a re-mark. If not, then you'll know which areas of your writing are weak. And some of these issues can be corrected pretty fast if you apply yourself. For example, if you have issues with structuring your text or expressing your thoughts clearly or succinctly, then you'll be able to remedy this quickly by simply adopting a new approach to writing. Careless mistakes can also be avoided if you pay more attention. In contrast, deficiencies in vocabulary or grammar take much longer to remedy. This approach will end up costing you less money than if you retake the test numerous times without knowing what the problem is or pay for a re-mark that is close to certain to not be successful.

knowAndShare

Star Member
Nov 19, 2015
My advice:

If you can afford some money and can afford to wait as well, here is my advice(I did same as well):
1) Go for revaluation- Probably takes 8 weeks.
2) Also at the same time apply for earliest available IELTS exam scheduled after13 weeks.

If you clear the 7 marks barrier in writing in revaluation, then you can cancel your next IELTS exam. They allow you to cancellation with deduction of 25% of total fee if done before 5 weeks.