+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

urgent!reschedule landing view etobicoke office

damao

Apr 13, 2016
Hi guys, is anyone reschdule the landing interview before? My interview will be May 16th. but I am not in the country until May 21st. I sent the email to etobicoke office last week for reschedule, but not receive any response yet. It anyone know how long take them to reply my email? I am so worried

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
damao said:
Hi guys, is anyone reschdule the landing interview before? My interview will be May 16th. but I am not in the country until May 21st. I sent the email to etobicoke office last week for reschedule, but not receive any response yet. It anyone know how long take them to reply my email? I am so worried
You do realize a strict rule of any inland application, is that applicant and sponsor are actually living in Canada together during the entire application process right up until landing?

While you can certainly request an extension of the landing interview, I wouldn't be surprised if they ignore or refuse the request, since it's for a reason that is breaking the inland rules.

So if you don't hear back from them and you aren't prepared to fly back for your landing on the 16th, you should be prepared for the likely scenario that CIC will consider your PR application abandoned/cancelled, and you'll need to start again from scratch. Note that both sponsor and applicant are required to attend the inland landing interview together.

Reactions: laport2018

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Unfortunately I agree with the above - I would not have contacted CIC to reschedule but instead changed your travel plans.

I would contact CIC again, tell them the original interview date is fine - and make sure you're in Canada by the 15th to attend the interview on the 16th.

tuscanysun

Apr 27, 2016
damao said:
I am also considering traveling out of Canada for three months due to medical emergency. Did the interview request come with a telephone number to call? I cannot reach any agent at CIC call centre (always too busy).

I am now considering the following possibility: if interview is scheduled during my absence, how about my wife attends the interview and explains in person why I had to be away and apply for re-scheduling the interview?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
tuscanysun said:
I am also considering traveling out of Canada for three months due to medical emergency. Did the interview request come with a telephone number to call? I cannot reach any agent at CIC call centre (always too busy).

I am now considering the following possibility: if interview is scheduled during my absence, how about my wife attends the interview and explains in person why I had to be away and apply for re-scheduling the interview?
If you proceed as planned, be prepared for the very real possibility that your PR may be refused and that you may have to start the application process from scratch using the outland route.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
tuscanysun said:

I'll repeat exactly from my post above: You do realize a strict rule of any inland application, is that applicant and sponsor are actually living in Canada together during the entire application process right up until landing?

Leaving Canada for 3 months while your partner stays in Canada, would be a violation of the inland rules, and could cause CIC to cancel your application. If you don't want to throw away your application and start from the beginning again, don't leave Canada for an extended time until you actually land as a PR.

tuscanysun

Apr 27, 2016
scylla said:
If you proceed as planned, be prepared for the very real possibility that your PR may be refused and that you may have to start the application process from scratch using the outland route.
Thanks for your response; I appreciate that. I do not have dental insurance here and have dental problem that requires treatment which could cost more than several thousand dollars here. If only I have a rough idea of when the landing interview would be, I could plan my trip accordingly...Medical done on March 16th and I have tried to contact CIC by email but no response.

tuscanysun

Apr 27, 2016
mikeymyke said:
Another reason never to go inland.
I agree with you totally. Never had we imagined this much more trouble with applying inland....thought this would be a better choice. Big mistake.

tuscanysun

Apr 27, 2016
Rob_TO said:
I'll repeat exactly from my post above: You do realize a strict rule of any inland application, is that applicant and sponsor are actually living in Canada together during the entire application process right up until landing?

Leaving Canada for 3 months while your partner stays in Canada, would be a violation of the inland rules, and could cause CIC to cancel your application. If you don't want to throw away your application and start from the beginning again, don't leave Canada for an extended time until you actually land as a PR.
Thank you for your response. I appreciate your advice!

Sigh, I actually did not realize this rule till now. Our interpretation of "living in Canada" is obviously wrong. My wife and I travelled out of Canada four times already since we submitted the inland application in Nov 2014. Does living in Canada mean we give up the freedom to travel or seek medical treatment outside of the country?....I know, I know, do not try to argue with CIC....and our big mistake of going for inland...

Blossom318

Star Member
Mar 26, 2014
tuscanysun said:

Sigh, I actually did not realize this rule till now. Our interpretation of "living in Canada" is obviously wrong. My wife and I travelled out of Canada four times already since we submitted the inland application in Nov 2014. Does living in Canada mean we give up the freedom to travel or seek medical treatment outside of the country?....I know, I know, do not try to argue with CIC....and our big mistake of going for inland...
Just something to ease your mind a tiny bit. not sure of your current "status". I just landed at the Etobicoke office last week. I was on Post Graduate Work Permit with Multiple Entry Visa. My app. was sent in February 2015 (Last year). During 2015, My husband and I traveled to Fort Lauderdale with his family for a cruise. We were away for 8 days. This year, before we got any word from CIC. My husband and I went on a 5 day vacation to Cuba in March. Mind you, each time I travelled out of the country, it's for vacation purpose and with my husband. I didn't have a problem .

I received my landing interview letter in email.

I wouldn't leave the country for more than a month if I were you. Vacation is one thing, but being away from spouse for a long period of time is questionable without proper proof. Hope this helps!

Ivric

Sep 27, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......

Does this apply to CEC inland landing interview as well ?

mashulia_26

Apr 6, 2018

My husband and I went on a vacation twice (for 5 days and 10 days) during the inland process. They never questioned us since it was a short period of time and with my husband. But leaving for over a month is considered you're not living with your partner which is against the inland rules