+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Upfront medical tests after getting ITA on April 10th

Shivaprasad94

Star Member
May 22, 2020
Hello All

I have completed my medical tests and i got a mail from IRCC to undergo some more tests
1. Three sputum samples, for testing TB
2. X- Ray of chest after ninety days( July 14th) of first X-Ray( which I took on April 14th)

For the first test , i have been trying very hard to get sputum from my lungs- but am not able to get it, this week i am trying to get the sputum sample for 11th time- but am unsuccessful, and my physician says i have to get it out, else they cant do the test. Am really worried, cause time is running out and also after giving the sputum samples it will take 6 to 8 weeks to get the result.

Also I am married and my Wifes application is attached to mine as dependent- and due to Covid there are no medical appointments available in Hyderabad.

I need some advice -if any one faced issue like this?

Also please enlighten me - if i am tested for TB positive- will my application get rejected?
I am confident that i do not have any symptoms of TB, and i am not able to cough up the sputum, Need some expert advice please. Am not finding any solution on what to do.

paca110

Jan 16, 2020
similar question here....I do not suffer from any symptoms of TB either, but the sputum test result says otherwise...so I have doubts about the result and wanted to redo another one at a different institution.
And if I am confirmed to be TB active...what will happen next?

Shivaprasad94

Star Member
May 22, 2020
Paca110

Your reply worries me a lot, i dont have any symptoms of TB, and can you confirm what IRCC said after finding your TB test positive?
What did your doctor suggest?

Experts any one , please reply

I have to undergo Xray again on July 14th and struggling to submit quality sputum samples( as i am not getting any any sputum while coughing), i think my Xray should be clear, as initially my physician was confident i dont have any TB , but IRCC directed for additional TB tests.

paca110

Jan 16, 2020
The IRCC informed me that I have 10 days to start my treatment, or my application might be terminated. The panel physician also said that I should start the treatment right away.

But I do think I need another test to confirm my case, after all a thorough TB test also requires a blood test and a skin test, but they’ve done no such thing and jumped to the conclusion abruptly.

So now I’m arguing with the IRCC via the webform, and sending emails to the Canadian embassy in my city, but if they don’t reply me within the ten days deadline, I really really don’t know what to do next...

Shivaprasad94

Star Member
May 22, 2020
Paca110

Thanks for your reply, why are you waiting to get treated, as its being advised by physicians rite?
Getting terminated is a big risk i guess.
And do you have any idea - how much time it will take to get TB negative again after recovery?

Just out of curiosity i am asking, i am struggling to get sputum samples and rejected sputum samples for 12 time by now, i am shelling a lot of money for each test, i am really worried cause i have no solution and time is running out.

paca110

Jan 16, 2020
The TB treatment process is 6-12months at least, I heard the IRCC might give a year of extension, but I have to confirm this.

The doctor said once the treatment started, I can’t stop the medicine for a single day, or the virus will be drug resistant and may take 2 or more years to kill. Those pills are mostly devastating for the liver, with other god knows what side effects, but that’s the only way to be negative again.

On top of that, I have to quit my job once confirmed that I’m positive, or my colleagues are in dangers of getting it.
And my family...I can’t even begin to think.
TB casts a great shadow to your life, it’s way beyond the immigration program now...so I need to be 100% sure, I need to do more tests.

About the sputum test, it was hard for me too, I almost threw up while did this. Just take a real deep breath and get it out? Sorry I don’t have much experience on this :(