UPFRONT MEDICAL REPORT!!!!

GinnyPi

Star Member
Feb 21, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lrow said:
Did DMP gave anybody Client Biodata and Summary [IMM 1017B (12-2012)] to be sent to CIC Ottawa ?

Yes. If you do Upfront medicals, you must get the form 1017B. I sent it to CPP-O, but I did not include a cover letter. Just wrote my UCI and CEC application number.

GinnyPi

Star Member
Feb 21, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jsm0085 said:
It's not a risk - I'm going on a recent document written by cic, that discussed advanced Medicals with the emedical system.
Jsm is absolutely right. The only risk is the cost of the medical exam. And for some people it might mean going back to work earlier. To them, it may be worth it to risk $140 so they can earn $X,000 more by going back to work sooner.

People, CIC will always be conservative so they are not advising us to do medicals in advance because they don't want us to blame them if we get rejected. With all the lawsuits and threats of lawsuits, it's a risk they are deciding not to take on. Same way we see some complaints of "why did they take my processing fee and send me a rejection the next day/next week/whatever". It's safer for them to make no promises and leave it up to applicants to decide whether or not to do the medicals early. It will certainly not affect your eligibility either way.

Andy2109

Champion Member
May 7, 2012
London Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 Jan 13
AOR Received.
17 Feb 13
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
23 Oct 13
GinnyPi,
Thanks for your inputs. In the current day environment (eMedical), can you share a fair idea how many processing days one saves if he or she chooses to do medicals in advance ?

GinnyPi

Star Member
Feb 21, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Andy2109 said:
GinnyPi,
Thanks for your inputs. In the current day environment (eMedical), can you share a fair idea how many processing days one saves if he or she chooses to do medicals in advance ?
I have no idea if/how many days are saved, but I can only say that it does not have a negative impact on eligibility.

After the medicals are completed, electronic or paper, it still goes through CIC back office processing before being "passed". The doctor does not decide whether or not the medicals are passed. Neither does the VO handling the PR application. There is a different officer that handles this part, so doing advance medicals is just a way to try to get through these processes earlier (but not faster).

Andy2109

Champion Member
May 7, 2012
London Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 Jan 13
AOR Received.
17 Feb 13
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
23 Oct 13
GinnyPi said:
I have no idea if/how many days are saved, but I can only say that it does not have a negative impact on eligibility.

After the medicals are completed, electronic or paper, it still goes through CIC back office processing before being "passed". The doctor does not decide whether or not the medicals are passed. Neither does the VO handling the PR application. There is a different officer that handles this part, so doing advance medicals is just a way to try to get through these processes earlier (but not faster).
I agree with you.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Andy2109 said:
GinnyPi,
Other than knowing that something called eMedical exists, can you provide anything to substantiate your claim that it wont speed things up? Think about this logically: -

Person A receives MR
Person A calls MD to make apt -- person A waits X days for apt -- person A goes for medicals -- medicals are completed -- MD needs time to process the results -- MD needs to send results to CIC (paper or e)... This time adds up... When it's over and CIC receive results, their health dept analyze and give a decision - VO then reviews file again.

Person B receives MR
Already done 3 months prior -- Person A sends e-mail to CIC with confirmation re medicals... -- results already in system and have been analyzed by CIC health dept -- VO checks system to discover medicals passed - officer reviews file.

Now, while everything is uncertain when it comes to CIC, it's not hard to understand how this could potentially save some time... No one is saying it's going to knock 6 months of the wait time, but it could definitely help someone get onto the next step a little quicker...

Anyway, the only reason I commented on this thread is because no one should be warning people not to do something that is perfectly fine to do! If someone wants to do medicals early they can, and no one else should give them reasons to worry about it. The only issue is cash, if your application is rejected, you could potentially have wasted the money getting the medicals done - but that's not a huge problem for everyone considering the other costs involved.

GinnyPi

Star Member
Feb 21, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jsm0085 said:
Other than knowing that something called eMedical exists, can you provide anything to substantiate your claim that it wont speed things up? Think about this logically: -

Person A receives MR
Person A calls MD to make apt -- person A waits X days for apt -- person A goes for medicals -- medicals are completed -- MD needs time to process the results -- MD needs to send results to CIC (paper or e)... This time adds up... When it's over and CIC receive results, their health dept analyze and give a decision - VO then reviews file again.

Person B receives MR
Already done 3 months prior -- Person A sends e-mail to CIC with confirmation re medicals... -- results already in system and have been analyzed by CIC health dept -- VO checks system to discover medicals passed - officer reviews file.

Now, while everything is uncertain when it comes to CIC, it's not hard to understand how this could potentially save some time... No one is saying it's going to knock 6 months of the wait time, but it could definitely help someone get onto the next step a little quicker...

Anyway, the only reason I commented on this thread is because no one should be warning people not to do something that is perfectly fine to do! If someone wants to do medicals early they can, and no one else should give them reasons to worry about it. The only issue is cash, if your application is rejected, you could potentially have wasted the money getting the medicals done - but that's not a huge problem for everyone considering the other costs involved.
I suspect that the criminality/background check request is sent to CSIS around the same time that the applicant receives the medical request - after the eligibility decision has been made. I think CIC/CSIS would not want to waste resources on a background check for an applicant who isn't eligible for PR to start with.

If I am right, then advance medicals may not be enough to guarantee an earlier conclusion of a person's PR application because regardless of when the medicals come in, the file would still be waiting on a clearance from CSIS. I fully agree that it is possible that it would help get things done sooner, but we can't know for sure.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GinnyPi said:
I suspect that the criminality/background check request is sent to CSIS around the same time that the applicant receives the medical request - after the eligibility decision has been made. I think CIC/CSIS would not want to waste resources on a background check for an applicant who isn't eligible for PR to start with.

If I am right, then advance medicals may not be enough to guarantee an earlier conclusion of a person's PR application because regardless of when the medicals come in, the file would still be waiting on a clearance from CSIS. I fully agree that it is possible that it would help get things done sooner, but we can't know for sure.
Exactly. My original comment was only pointing out that 1) Medicals can be done in advance and 2) based on new ppr on trackitt those who have had Medicals done in advance were in fact receiving ppr faster.

What you have said makes sense but cic have done it several differen ways over the last couple of years, including having criminality and security completed before mr.

Andy2109

Champion Member
May 7, 2012
London Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 Jan 13
AOR Received.
17 Feb 13
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
23 Oct 13
jsm0085 said:

Person A receives MR

Person B receives MR

wow! i must appreciate all your hard work in creating this use case. no hard feelings bro. we are here to just share our experience and thoughts. not necessary that you look at things the same as I do. It is always good to have a healthy debate so that others can learn from it. At the end of day, all that we want is the coveted crown of being a 'Canadian Permanent Resident' :)

tarun kumar devgan

Star Member
Feb 13, 2013
hello friends,

Its really nice to know that applicants actually are talking about UMR!

In my opinion there is nothing wrong in getting medicals in advance especially if you are confident about your application and according to my research in worse to worse case MR comes in 8 months after getting AOR for CEC class and if someone plans to get it after three months of getting AOR actually is a good idea to save at least of one month and there are chances of getting Medical fee higher in future too.

Good luck!
Thanks

lrow

Star Member
Mar 16, 2010
GinnyPi said:
Yes. If you do Upfront medicals, you must get the form 1017B. I sent it to CPP-O, but I did not include a cover letter. Just wrote my UCI and CEC application number.
Thanks GinnyPi . We did our upfront medicals few days ago and Doctor gave us form 1017B and asked as to send
it to CIC Ottawa. We will probably send them in a week. When did you send your forms ? Does something gets updated in e-cas?

lrow

GinnyPi

Star Member
Feb 21, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lrow said:
Thanks GinnyPi . We did our upfront medicals few days ago and Doctor gave us form 1017B and asked as to send
it to CIC Ottawa. We will probably send them in a week. When did you send your forms ? Does something gets updated in e-cas?

lrow
The doctor's office sent the results to CIC four weeks ago, so far no update in e-cas. I just sent my form 1017B to CPP-O this week, so maybe they will update my e-cas soon.

lrow

Star Member
Mar 16, 2010
GinnyPi said:
The doctor's office sent the results to CIC four weeks ago, so far no update in e-cas. I just sent my form 1017B to CPP-O this week, so maybe they will update my e-cas soon.
Hi GinnyPi,

Thanks again for your quick reply.

Can you please share your timeline?

Thanks,
lrow

tarun kumar devgan

Star Member
Feb 13, 2013
Hello everyone,

I got my medical done in advance and DMP gave me 1017B but never told me where to send it. Till now I only have my AOR and I sent my application to Sydney NS so don't know that which visa office is going to process my file. One more thin I need help with that my family got their medical done in back home so where should hey send their 1017B.

Please help!!!

Thanks

feb07

Star Member
Mar 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-02-13
AOR Received.
18-3-13
IELTS Request
sent with application
tarun kumar devgan said:
Hello everyone,

I got my medical done in advance and DMP gave me 1017B but never told me where to send it. Till now I only have my AOR and I sent my application to Sydney NS so don't know that which visa office is going to process my file. One more thin I need help with that my family got their medical done in back home so where should hey send their 1017B.

Please help!!!

Thanks
You should Wait for visa offices, one of them definitely will come your file in process and your Medical is valid for one year.
Thanks
Ex- Cowerker