+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Upfront Medical Exam for FSW and ITA

linksow

Dec 2, 2022
Hello. I have a question, I did find some answers on the topic online but some conflicting ones so I'd like to ask the question myself and hopefully get a dedicated answer.

I am currently on Express Entry' system, CRS of 469 as of December 2nd. With that score I believe I am to expect an ITA around February/March. Knowing that I am preparing as many documents and translations as I can beforehand, as I live in Brazil and accessibility to some of those does involve traveling to the capital cities, which are more often than not, quite far from where I live. To make it clear, I have NOT received an ITA as of today

I know that the pedicam exam's requirements received some changes this year. I have contacted the physician closest to me who is allowed to do the exams to see when I could get an appointment based on my expectations and he said that I can get it done anytime before I get the ITA it will be accepted as long as it is still valie (1 year). However I did see online that the upfront exam must not be older than 30 days before you get the ITA (I was only able to find this in one thread and I found nothing on immigration's website).

With that in mind could someone provide me confirmation? Is it okay for me to do the upfront medical exam in december (next week) if I only expect to receive an ITA in February/March?

Thank you for your time.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello. I have a question, I did find some answers on the topic online but some conflicting ones so I'd like to ask the question myself and hopefully get a dedicated answer.

I am currently on Express Entry' system, CRS of 469 as of December 2nd. With that score I believe I am to expect an ITA around February/March. Knowing that I am preparing as many documents and translations as I can beforehand, as I live in Brazil and accessibility to some of those does involve traveling to the capital cities, which are more often than not, quite far from where I live. To make it clear, I have NOT received an ITA as of today

I know that the pedicam exam's requirements received some changes this year. I have contacted the physician closest to me who is allowed to do the exams to see when I could get an appointment based on my expectations and he said that I can get it done anytime before I get the ITA it will be accepted as long as it is still valie (1 year). However I did see online that the upfront exam must not be older than 30 days before you get the ITA (I was only able to find this in one thread and I found nothing on immigration's website).

With that in mind could someone provide me confirmation? Is it okay for me to do the upfront medical exam in december (next week) if I only expect to receive an ITA in February/March?

Thank you for your time.
IMO it's very unlikely you'll have ITA by Feb / March with that score. I would definitely not do the medical now.

Reactions: klubsoda

linksow

Dec 2, 2022
IMO it's very unlikely you'll have ITA by Feb / March with that score. I would definitely not do the medical now.
By my math it should line up with the second call of February with some margin. Would need to get another 8000 people join express entry to not have it called in March.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
By my math it should line up with the second call of February with some margin. Would need to get another 8000 people join express entry to not have it called in March.
IMO your math is flawed and you have under estimated the rate of new entrants into the pool. I'd suggest you spend some time reading through the posts on this forum to have a realistic idea of what to expect. There are readily available stats on the number of new joiners every two weeks and those numbers might surprise you. Your call of course.

Reactions: klubsoda