+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Upfront Medical Exam Before ITA

thaitran26291

Star Member
Oct 18, 2018
Hello

Today I went to Panel Physician to do upfrony medical exam for post ITA. When measuring Blood Pressure, I got reading like 148/98. The lady who did the test for me said that it was too high. She did twice and came in a same result. This makes me so nervous and tensed now.

Will high blood preasure like 148/98 turn to be a huge problem ? My age now is 27. I do not have any serious disease and do not take a any medication before. Please advice.

Thanks

KMB2C2019

Star Member
Jul 25, 2018
Hello

Today I went to Panel Physician to do upfrony medical exam for post ITA. When measuring Blood Pressure, I got reading like 148/98. The lady who did the test for me said that it was too high. She did twice and came in a same result. This makes me so nervous and tensed now.

Will high blood preasure like 148/98 turn to be a huge problem ? My age now is 27. I do not have any serious disease and do not take a any medication before. Please advice.

Thanks
First off you should have done a separate checkup in another medical center privately first. Except for contagious diseases most other illnesses doesnt matter from what I know. only issue is when visa officer thinks you will be a burden to the Canadian healthcare system. For example if you have a disease such as diabetes which is controlled, hopefully it wont be an issue.

ClarkeS

Star Member
May 12, 2018
Hello

Thanks
Have you had problems with high blood pressure before? Or is this something new? It was likely nerves, but you might be required to do further testing to prove it is not a serious disease.

When I went for my medical I also had high blood pressure. He tested it three times, and it started to go down on the third reading. Low enough not to be considered an issue, but he said it wasn't 'great'. I still have to do further testing because of a heart murmur though.

Last edited: