+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Updating country of residence printed on COPR

batalex

Dec 26, 2017
Hi all,

I have recently received my COPR. The information in it is by all means correct, as of now. I am a citizen of Poland, a resident of Sweden and Sweden is indeed listed as my country of residence.

However, I will be moving out of Sweden back to Poland 2-3 weeks before landing in Canada in February 2018.

Question: can this update be corrected by the officer at the point of entry during landing in Canada? Or should I inform CIC beforehand that my country of residence will have changed before landing?

noscaf2014

Nov 2, 2016
Neither. You don't need to do anything. In other words, you are not required to report such a change. Good Luck!

batalex

Dec 26, 2017
Thanks for the quick response, @noscaf2014!
In the landing stories I've read, however, the officer at the point of entry asks to confirm the correctness of all the information in the COPR. So, I feel obliged to disclose this country of residence update - I hope it's not going to be a problem? :)

noscaf2014

Nov 2, 2016
Thanks for the quick response, @noscaf2014!
In the landing stories I've read, however, the officer at the point of entry asks to confirm the correctness of all the information in the COPR. So, I feel obliged to disclose this country of residence update - I hope it's not going to be a problem? :)
No, it is not a problem. Good Luck!

hut98hn

Oct 25, 2019
Hi all,

I have recently received my COPR. The information in it is by all means correct, as of now. I am a citizen of Poland, a resident of Sweden and Sweden is indeed listed as my country of residence.

However, I will be moving out of Sweden back to Poland 2-3 weeks before landing in Canada in February 2018.

Question: can this update be corrected by the officer at the point of entry during landing in Canada? Or should I inform CIC beforehand that my country of residence will have changed before landing?
@batalex: Could you share your experience to solve the issue please. I have a similar issue, my country of residence is incorrect.

santab

Sep 15, 2018
@batalex: Could you share your experience to solve the issue please. I have a similar issue, my country of residence is incorrect.
Hi
did you receive any information on this?

I am in a similar situation. I am a secondary applicant, my spouse is primary.
I was in Canada until recently when we received request for passport. I moved out of Canada to USA just after receiving request for passport email. My spouse is a resident on USA.
I immediately updated my address through webform after moving out of Canada. Then about a week later we sent our passports.
Now we have received back passports with COPR.
COPR mentions my spouses's country of residence correctly as USA.
My country of residence still is stated as Canada.

From other threads on the forum I see that it should not be a major issue. However it looks like goods import regulations are different for those with country of residence as Canada. The only possession on my name in USA is a car.

Does anyone see any issue with that?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi
did you receive any information on this?

I am in a similar situation. I am a secondary applicant, my spouse is primary.
I was in Canada until recently when we received request for passport. I moved out of Canada to USA just after receiving request for passport email. My spouse is a resident on USA.
I immediately updated my address through webform after moving out of Canada. Then about a week later we sent our passports.
Now we have received back passports with COPR.
COPR mentions my spouses's country of residence correctly as USA.
My country of residence still is stated as Canada.

From other threads on the forum I see that it should not be a major issue. However it looks like goods import regulations are different for those with country of residence as Canada. The only possession on my name in USA is a car.

Does anyone see any issue with that?
No issue and no difference on importing goods.

santab

Sep 15, 2018
No issue and no difference on importing goods.
Thank you very much for quick reaponse.

Another question if you can clarify: my copr says port of entry as Toronto. But i am planning to cross border at Thunder Bay. This is still Ontario but all the way to south west near Manitoba. I dont plan to visit Toronto after crossing border but will just return to US. Would there be any issue?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you very much for quick reaponse.

Another question if you can clarify: my copr says port of entry as Toronto. But i am planning to cross border at Thunder Bay. This is still Ontario but all the way to south west near Manitoba. I dont plan to visit Toronto after crossing border but will just return to US. Would there be any issue?
No issue.

Abby353

Oct 15, 2021
Can you guys confirm if the COR being different , gave you any problems while completing the PR formalities ?