+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Until when IELTS results have to be valid?

tp_marina

Star Member
Nov 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CIC states that: "Your test results must be less than two years old when you submit your application for permanent residence. If you have been invited to apply, check that your language test results will still be valid when you plan to apply for permanent residence."

What does it mean to "submit your application for permanent residence"?
If my IELTS results are valid until may, I receive an ITA today and send my application by the end of april, by the time they review my application my IELTS will have expired but it was still valid when I sent it - does this count as a valid test result?

tp_marina

Star Member
Nov 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dell2 said:
As long as it is before expiry you should be fine.
It needs to be General test not academic .
You mean as long as I receive an ITA and send my application before expiry? It doesn't matter if it expires before/while they process my application?

MPVM

Mar 14, 2016
tp_marina said:
CIC states that: "Your test results must be less than two years old when you submit your application for permanent residence. If you have been invited to apply, check that your language test results will still be valid when you plan to apply for permanent residence."

What does it mean to "submit your application for permanent residence"?
If my IELTS results are valid until may, I receive an ITA today and send my application by the end of april, by the time they review my application my IELTS will have expired but it was still valid when I sent it - does this count as a valid test result?

No practical experience with this, but as far as the CIC-language goes, the result should be valid till the day you submit your PR application. I don't think that the score has to remain valid till the start of the review, but only till the date of submission.

Dexmoody

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tp_marina said:
You mean as long as I receive an ITA and send my application before expiry? It doesn't matter if it expires before/while they process my application?
Yes. Your language test results must still be valid when you submit your application in response to an ITA. They do not have to be valid for the duration of the processing of your application.