+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Unpaid debts

Mfroiz

Jul 15, 2020
Hello, I would like to know if the PCC has an unpaid loan or credit card debt but no other serious crimes listed will that affect the possibility of receiving a work visa to or live in Canada?

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Depends on the amount, and the situation. Are these debts you have refused to pay? Why are they appearing on a PCC? Is there are legal case pending regarding their settlement?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello, I would like to know if the PCC has an unpaid loan or credit card debt but no other serious crimes listed will that affect the possibility of receiving a work visa to or live in Canada?
Depends on the country. Sometimes a PCC is needed and an unpaid loan can sometimes prevent you from getting a PCC.

Mfroiz

Jul 15, 2020
Depends on the amount, and the situation. Are these debts you have refused to pay? Why are they appearing on a PCC? Is there are legal case pending regarding their settlement?
I left because of a medical reason, wife was having a baby. I was able to pay for a couple of months from an account I had over there but then it was closed and I haven't been able to pay off the amount since it can't be done from a US account. Now I don't know if they'll report this to the police and therefore it will end up in the PCC.

Mfroiz

Jul 15, 2020
Depends on the country. Sometimes a PCC is needed and an unpaid loan can sometimes prevent you from getting a PCC.
Well I'm able to receive the PCC but I'm waiting to see if they did report on it the unpaid loans.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
It's unlikely to show up on a PCC.

It's not a criminal matter, it's a civil issue. And even then, you would have to be charged in a civil court and there would have been a legal proceeding pending.

I'm sure they do search for any civil suits however.

Mfroiz

Jul 15, 2020
It's unlikely to show up on a PCC.

It's not a criminal matter, it's a civil issue. And even then, you would have to be charged in a civil court and there would have been a legal proceeding pending.

I'm sure they do search for any civil suits however.
Ok, so nothing like unpaid loans will show up on a PCC only serious crimes like robbery, murder, rape and things of that nature. I assume.

Reactions: Islander216

Bacelor

Oct 20, 2017
A Bank statement probably has nothing to do with an unfinished invoice, it is not the bank responsibility to collect the debit for others so should be no problem with banks.

But if the debit owners have had sued you, then it most likely will appear in your back ground check process in Canada and US
however still if there were no conviction issued yet it should not be a problem "yet".

Reactions: Mfroiz