+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

unpaid debt/PPM and others please help

ceccanada

Jul 29, 2011
hello everyone :)

i have an unpaid credit card debt of 5000 dollars which is i have made settlment plan with company and im paying it back now on a monthly basis.
do i have to mention that on the ecomomic class form question number 10 that asks about liabilities?
i do have settlement funds required by CIC to immigrate in sort of arranged employment.

please seniors and others share your experience :)

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
I think I tried to answer a question similar to this on another thread, but here goes.

http://canlii.ca/en/ca/laws/regu/sor-2002-227/latest/sor-2002-227.html
(b) the skilled worker must

(i) have in the form of transferable and available funds, unencumbered by debts or other obligations, an amount equal to half the minimum necessary income applicable in respect of the group of persons consisting of the skilled worker and their family members, or

(ii) be awarded the number of points referred to in subsection 82(2) for arranged employment in Canada within the meaning of subsection 82(1).

I have looked at Schedule 3, Question 10 and it seems clear that they are asking for the amount of savings, the amount of liabilities (debt), the total amount of unencumbered funds, so in answer to this question I would say YES you have to include your credit card debt. You could attach a cover note to explain the terms of your repayment plan, with proof that you have been paying it off regularly. Your comment about "sort of arrangement employment" does not sound like it would mitigate the requirement for the required proof of funds. I hope this helps.

ceccanada

Jul 29, 2011
Hi pippin,thanks for the innfo :)

i just want to say that i do have an arranged employment in canada which i have been awarded points for and as far as i know i dont need to show funds because of that.
thanks again pippin.

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ceccanada said:
Hi pippin,thanks for the innfo :)

i just want to say that i do have an arranged employment in canada which i have been awarded points for and as far as i know i dont need to show funds because of that.
thanks again pippin.
Hi ceccanada,

Pippin and Wilson have appropriately responded to your query in the other thread created by you.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/leon-ppm-and-seniors-please-advice-t86466.0.html;msg1071315#msg1071315

Members, Pippin and Wilson responded assuming that you are a FSW (with no AEO) as your 1st post with the query did not indicate that you have an AEO.

Yes, AEO applicants are exempted from showing POF but not from informing CIC regarding ASSETS and LIABILITIES.

For the Economic form (imm008_3e) as in the link below

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm0008_3e.pdf

You will have to indicate Liabilities (in your case CREDIT CARD loan of $5000) and Assets. As for the Settlement Funds you could add a cover note indicating why you dont need to shoe POF. Don't leave the box blank. Write - NA (Explanation included).

Hope this helps.

Mitali

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hospital bills, car loans or any loans or bills you must have to pay before you land in Canada, thats the rule but CIC will not track you untill it is not a crime.
I don't think that you have any problem if you pay some amount after landing in Canada either!!
but totalu unpaid and you caught and it's under criminal activity then you are in trouble, otherwise not, we already discussed before same case in this forum..

I know one indian case printed in times of india 4years ago that one guy not paid bills credit cards, the collection agency find his address of india and start collect from india, even that agency informed to USA consulate too, after hand over case to collection agency by credit card company.
so, I believe that it wiill affect your security and background checks too!!
instead of taking risk during your application in-process, pay off whatever debt you have. even you can mentioned in form which Mitali sent in link to option 10 of that form.
dont take risk if you seriously to your immigration application.

OMM

Yahoo0

Oct 21, 2011
i never heard that CIC do credit checks, as long as you have clean police certificate, you are safe.