+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

unmet PR obligation URGENT

pebble

Apr 17, 2012
Please help me out. I have a vaild PR CARD granted in April 2008-April 2013. However, i have not met the residency obligation because during the time i was trying to finish my bachelor degree in Thailand. Now i need to visit canada to attend my sister graduation in Vancouver canada( my sister is now holding a canadian passport)....

My question is should i gamble and enter canada anyways while knowing that i have not met the obligation. I have heard that it is possible for them to send me back on the plane to Thailand once i got there.

Another question is that is it possible for me to somehow renew my PR card or ask to entend my staying in canada? Also because my mother and two younger sisters are now canadian will this matter make it harder for me to enter canada because the immigration is scared of me staying in canada without intention to reture to Thailand.

Thank you in advance and sorry for my poor english

i need some advise

pebble

Apr 17, 2012
My intention to stay in canada during my visit this time is (27 April-19 may 2012). I would like to ask if there somebody who i can hire to assist me in the process of appeal (if the immigration officer ordered me to appeal due to my unmet 730 days obligation)...

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They can not turn you back at the airport. Worst case scenario, they will report you for not meeting the requirements and let you enter and give you 30 days to appeal. If you choose to appeal, you will either have to show that you had good reasons why you could not meet the requirements (sounds like you didn't) or that they were wrong and you do meet the requirements (which isn't true so impossible for you to prove).

If they let you in without reporting you, you could actually just stay on. If you stay for a full 730 days without leaving, you will meet the residency requirements again and can apply to renew your PR card. They are only allowed to look at the past 5 years at the time you apply so if you can show that in those 5 years, you meet the requirements, you are ok. This will mean that you will be in Canada with an expired PR card for about a year but that is fine. You do not need a valid PR card when you are inside Canada.

pebble

Apr 17, 2012
I'm planing to fly within week... i would like to kindly ask if there is someone i can hire for assist me in appealing on my unmet PR obligation..