+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Unknowingly worked for 2 weeks unauthorized

torpedo97

Jun 28, 2019
So I had graduated from a Canadian college in December 2018. I had began working full-time on January 2nd 2019. However, I did not receive a graduation letter until the 18th of the same month. Additionally, I had applied for my PGWP on the day I received the aforementioned letter. I recently discovered that I may have screwed up as I learnt from a former classmate that I was only able to work part-time during that period.

What's my best course of action?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Nothing you can do now. With such a short period of unauthorized work, it won't really be an issue.

horizonj

Jun 9, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
11-06-2020
So I had graduated from a Canadian college in December 2018. I had began working full-time on January 2nd 2019. However, I did not receive a graduation letter until the 18th of the same month. Additionally, I had applied for my PGWP on the day I received the aforementioned letter. I recently discovered that I may have screwed up as I learnt from a former classmate that I was only able to work part-time during that period.

Hi there, are you in to applying PR already? Any effect on your application? Thank you.

torpedo97

Jun 28, 2019
Hi there, are you in to applying PR already? Any effect on your application? Thank you.
Hi. I had applied in January and was invited to apply under CEC in February this year. I had ordered my GCMS notes in April and received them this month. As far as I can tell from the notes, there has been no cause for concern with regard to my work experience. And my application appears to be moving along as my criminality and medicals have been passed. Also, my notes show that the minimum entry criteria had been met.

However, I had provided a letter of explanation and only claimed work experience after the moment I had applied for my PGWP.

Viz1904

Jun 12, 2020
Hi. I had applied in January and was invited to apply under CEC in February this year. I had ordered my GCMS notes in April and received them this month. As far as I can tell from the notes, there has been no cause for concern with regard to my work experience. And my application appears to be moving along as my criminality and medicals have been passed. Also, my notes show that the minimum entry criteria had been met.

However, I had provided a letter of explanation and only claimed work experience after the moment I had applied for my PGWP.
Need advice about work experience, did you moved the job for which you are not claiming points to personal history or you left it under work history. I am planning to leave the unskilled jobs under work history and upload loe with offer letter, t4 and paystub.

vik2595

Star Member
Jun 5, 2016
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-10-2019
Nomination.....
28-05-2020
Med's Done....
12-05-2020

Hi Brother, We are in the same boat.
I started my job at May 11,2018 and received graduation letter on May 24,2018 also I'd applied my work permit on same day.

I've got invitation in draw #150 under CEC.
Let's see what happens.

vik2595

Star Member
Jun 5, 2016
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-10-2019
Nomination.....
28-05-2020
Med's Done....
12-05-2020
Need advice about work experience, did you moved the job for which you are not claiming points to personal history or you left it under work history. I am planning to leave the unskilled jobs under work history and upload loe with offer letter, t4 and paystub.
You don't have to mention any job that you're not claiming points.
In my case, i just mentioned my current NOC B jobs. I've did tons of part time jobs before this. But don't need to mention as we're not claiming points for that.

tallzeez

Feb 20, 2021
You don't have to mention any job that you're not claiming points.
In my case, i just mentioned my current NOC B jobs. I've did tons of part time jobs before this. But don't need to mention as we're not claiming points for that.
But don’t you have to mention them in personal history?