+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

University transfer within Canada CEC EE

kaysu

Dec 10, 2023
Hey,
Initially when I moved to Canada I started off in a different university but ended up transferring to a different university after my first year and graduated from the second university in 2022.
Now how do I show that in my Express Entry CEC application under Education history?

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
OK, I would list it like this:
University 1 bachelor degree 2018 - 2019
University 2 bachelor degree 2019 - 2022

You can later explain that you transfer credits from one to the other. They would have proof of this because you would have changed your study permit (submit both if needed). And clearly you did not complete a bachelor in 1yr lol.

You have to include both institutions or else you will have a big gap for the first year in Canada unexplained and that is not good for your profile and ultimately your PR application. So I would put the above and explain it later. Make sure the first one is listed as incomplete and make sure you select the option that says only 1 canadian degree completed.

kaysu

Dec 10, 2023
I already got my invite and in my profile I only put my bachelors and did not mention the transfer year can I change it in the application and explain it in the letter of explanation
?

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
I already got my invite and in my profile I only put my bachelors and did not mention the transfer year can I change it in the application and explain it in the letter of explanation
?
Yes go right ahead and change it, it will not affect the ITA. Use the letter to provide full and clear explanation.

hagurm

Aug 23, 2024
Hey,
Initially when I moved to Canada I started off in a different university but ended up transferring to a different university after my first year and graduated from the second university in 2022.
Now how do I show that in my Express Entry CEC application under Education history?
Hello, I’m in the same situation, can you share what you ended up doing?