+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

university of victoria 2014

priya91

Mar 11, 2014
I got provisional offer for meng in mechanical engg on Feb 7th for may 2014 intake...I have submitted official transcripts and official ielts score...when can I expect unconditional offer letter?

ayazk88

Star Member
Apr 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2014
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
InshaAllah soon
me too got an offer for same course but for sep 2014 entry point, i got provisional offer and sent all documents to university department of graduate studies, usually they issue final addmission offer between 2-3 weeks after receiving documents,
i am confused in the email which was sent by university to me the length of studies is 1 year minimum and 5 year maximum in this case we will get a one year visa only??? while dept says it would take two years to complete masters , any idea ??

priya91

Mar 11, 2014
I think it depends upon the number of courses we select in each sem...we will get one year visa but later it can be extended if we wish to complete our masters degree in two years

priya91

Mar 11, 2014
Department of graduate studies received my official transcript on 18th Feb and official IELTS test score on 25th Feb...so can I expect a final full offer of admission this week?

john310

Star Member
Mar 13, 2014
priya91 said:
Department of graduate studies received my official transcript on 18th Feb and official IELTS test score on 25th Feb...so can I expect a final full offer of admission this week?
HI DO WE NEED TO PAY TUITION FEE BEFORE APPLYING TO VISA. THANK YOU

john310

Star Member
Mar 13, 2014
priya91 said:
It is recommended to pay......(not mandatory)
E CHANCE OF VISA
hi PRIYA
ARE YOU PAYING THE FEES AND APPLYING OR WITHOUT FEES. PLEASE LET ME KNOW
WHAT ARE THE CHANCE OF VISA WITHOUT FEES?

sushilsrk

May 16, 2012
@priya well you should get a visa for 2 years if your course is of 16 months or 24 months.
Also there is great chance to get visa if you pay the fees and have GIC with you.

If you have not got the acceptance yet just push the department as you need minimum of 1month for visa so push it.

All the best

C u in summers

ayazk88

Star Member
Apr 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2014
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
InshaAllah soon
i am going to pay fees of one year very soon for uvic , and registration of my courses will begin in june so i will pay 7500 CAD as one year estimate fee, directed by account department yesterday. any one from uvic has done this please guide whether to pay in advance or not?

and robin if faculty member has taken you it means your addmission is guarteed but u should meet thier minimum academic requirements B average in last two years, rest is fine ...in which course n term u applied?

priya are u applying online??? what are the doc u r attaching with ur application?

ayazk88

Star Member
Apr 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2014
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
InshaAllah soon
i will suggest u to arrange documents and apply online rather than paper base as i heard onine procedure is fast as compared to paper base

sushilsrk

May 16, 2012
@priya how many courses you have to do to complete your course. I am assuming if you are in thesis option then 6 courses and thesis and project based will be 8 courses + project. No chance both can be completed in just 3 terms= 1 year.

What is the bank loan you have got. I will suggest do as soon as possible as the chances turn slim if you have less time for visa.

Well what i did when i filled my application was:-
a) GIC of $10000 -- this is for living expenses.
b) Deposit $7000 -- as my tution fees.
c) Showed some bank balance of my fathers account around 9 Lak (including FD's)
d) property evaluation for home ties.

@ayazk Online is better option its an easy one. Just fill that complete your medical at designated hospitals. Collect all documents and go to VFS centre pay fees and give them the docs. Once this is done you will not be sleepy till you get ur passport back.

ayazk88

Star Member
Apr 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2014
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
InshaAllah soon
Thanks Sushil, in online process i would have to submit a medical frm and other documents and forms and pay fees via crdt card and thats it ? what are the steps involved after that?

another thing is abt course at uvic do u have any idea how much classes would be in a week ?their lenghts etc for a full time student , my program is MEngg Mech , project based. as u know our country education sys is entirely different as compare to canada so just need to know if u have any idea?