+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

UNIVERSITY OF SASKATCHEWAN

tiger007

Champion Member
cjraval89 said:
plesase please please help me.....

i m joining may 2012 dental assistant course in durham colege onatrio..
1st januray 2013 is the endingdate of the course..
now if after that 8 month sof course i will get 8 m0nths of workpermit?

if yes than if i move to saskatchewan for pnpo and work for 6 months 96o hours and nominate a spnpo....but if i am not having more work permit what can i do to stay there??/ beacuse til that i might not have issued pr??

pr takes 10 months usuallyy..

what should i do???

Hi,

Relax.

1. After 8 months (or 2 semesters/ 1 academic year) you'll get mostly 8 months Post graduate Work permit. You may (a slight chance) get a 12 months / 1 year work permit too, depending upon the VO. But expect 8 months PGWP.

2. SINP student stream requires you to work 6 months/ 960 hours in any type of job/ internship and at the end get a full time permanent job offer in Sask. province and then apply for PNP. The PNP nomination as per SINP, takes 3-4 months to get approved, and after you receive your PNP nomination, you'll get an additional 2 years work permit, which will give you enough time to apply for your PR and it's processing time by the federal govt. So, usually one requires... 6+4= 10 months maximum or lesser if one did his/her internship/co-op in Sask.

3. If you have any option of doing co-op/ internship/ work experience months with your course, you should definitely do it (by applying for co-op work visa, which allows you to work full time for internship/ co-op related to your course is different from off campus work permit). This co-op/intern must be in SASK. province as it will add to the number of months to your PGWP. So, if you do 2 months co-op (only if option is there as part of your course), then you will surely get 8+2 months PGWP.

4.. Even, if you've 8 months PGWP, don't worry. There's another way. One of the best way to extend that is to apply for OFF-campus work permit after 6 months of your studies, it may take upto 1.5-2 months to get the off campus work permit. Once you get that off campus work permit, you can work full time in your job (after completion of your course/ receiving final transcripts) till you receive your PGWP. Now, the rule is that, one must apply for PGWP within 90 days of receiving their final transcripts/ completion of course (not convocation). So, you will have upto 90 days to apply for PGWP. If you hold an Off campus work permit, you can easily work for 1.5-2 months on that (thereby extending your time) and then apply for PGWP ( which takes usually 1 month to come). Don't apply too late or you will get stuck in between without Off campus work permit or PGWP. So, this way you can extend your overall work permit time from 8 to 9.5-10 months, which 'll give you enough time to apply for SINP student stream nomination.

5. Now, if you... say don't 've co-op opportunity or Off campus work permit, and you only have 8 months, third way is to come to Sask. province, and complete the 960 hours as soon as possible. You can try to do it in 3-4 months instead of 6, which will require you to work more than 40 hours per week ( perhaps more than a 1 job). Your main motive is to complete 960 hours (with valid record/ slip from employer) and give proof during Sask. nomination application that you've completed 960 hours (doesn't matter how many jobs, what type or in how many months you've completed). This way if you complete your 960 hours of work in 4 months... you get extra 2 months as you can apply for nomination right after 4 months!

6. Finally, If you are unable to follow any of the above 3 ways mentioned to extend your 8 months work permit... then too worry not. Under special circumstances..say if your PGWP is about to expire...and if you go to SINP and show them your status... after you've completed 960 hours of job and 've a full time permanent job offer, then go and ask them to expedite the nomination processing and you'll get your nomination before your PGWP expires!

Hope it clears your doubts.

Best of Luck.

cjraval89

Oct 20, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tiger007 said:
Hi,

Relax.

1. After 8 months (or 2 semesters/ 1 academic year) you'll get mostly 8 months Post graduate Work permit. You may (a slight chance) get a 12 months / 1 year work permit too, depending upon the VO. But expect 8 months PGWP.

2. SINP student stream requires you to work 6 months/ 960 hours in any type of job/ internship and at the end get a full time permanent job offer in Sask. province and then apply for PNP. The PNP nomination as per SINP, takes 3-4 months to get approved, and after you receive your PNP nomination, you'll get an additional 2 years work permit, which will give you enough time to apply for your PR and it's processing time by the federal govt. So, usually one requires... 6+4= 10 months maximum or lesser if one did his/her internship/co-op in Sask.

3. If you have any option of doing co-op/ internship/ work experience months with your course, you should definitely do it (by applying for co-op work visa, which allows you to work full time for internship/ co-op related to your course is different from off campus work permit). This co-op/intern must be in SASK. province as it will add to the number of months to your PGWP. So, if you do 2 months co-op (only if option is there as part of your course), then you will surely get 8+2 months PGWP.

4.. Even, if you've 8 months PGWP, don't worry. There's another way. One of the best way to extend that is to apply for OFF-campus work permit after 6 months of your studies, it may take upto 1.5-2 months to get the off campus work permit. Once you get that off campus work permit, you can work full time in your job (after completion of your course/ receiving final transcripts) till you receive your PGWP. Now, the rule is that, one must apply for PGWP within 90 days of receiving their final transcripts/ completion of course (not convocation). So, you will have upto 90 days to apply for PGWP. If you hold an Off campus work permit, you can easily work for 1.5-2 months on that (thereby extending your time) and then apply for PGWP ( which takes usually 1 month to come). Don't apply too late or you will get stuck in between without Off campus work permit or PGWP. So, this way you can extend your overall work permit time from 8 to 9.5-10 months, which 'll give you enough time to apply for SINP student stream nomination.

5. Now, if you... say don't 've co-op opportunity or Off campus work permit, and you only have 8 months, third way is to come to Sask. province, and complete the 960 hours as soon as possible. You can try to do it in 3-4 months instead of 6, which will require you to work more than 40 hours per week ( perhaps more than a 1 job). Your main motive is to complete 960 hours (with valid record/ slip from employer) and give proof during Sask. nomination application that you've completed 960 hours (doesn't matter how many jobs, what type or in how many months you've completed). This way if you complete your 960 hours of work in 4 months... you get extra 2 months as you can apply for nomination right after 4 months!

6. Finally, If you are unable to follow any of the above 3 ways mentioned to extend your 8 months work permit... then too worry not. Under special circumstances..say if your PGWP is about to expire...and if you go to SINP and show them your status... after you've completed 960 hours of job and 've a full time permanent job offer, then go and ask them to expedite the nomination processing and you'll get your nomination before your PGWP expires!

Best of Luck.

"TIGER Forever..."

ONE IS ALL & ALL IS ONE...

u r gr88 ..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! u have given me a big relief.....
as u have mentioned.. yes i can apply for my off campus after 6 months.... i will definately get it..
and ne of the best way to extend that is to apply for OFF-campus work permit after 6 months of your studies, it may take upto 1.5-2 months to get the off campus work permit. Once you get that off campus work permit, you can work full time in your job (after completion of your course/ receiving final transcripts) till you receive your PGWP. Now, the rule is that, one must apply for PGWP within 90 days of receiving their final transcripts/ completion of course (not convocation). So, you will have upto 90 days to apply for PGWP. If you hold an Off campus work permit, you can easily work for 1.5-2 months on that (thereby extending your time) and then apply for PGWP ( which takes usually 1 month to come).

ur this idea is the best .. sir...

1>>>>> i will apply for my pgwp after completion of my course in 45 to 6o th day.. so it will come in next 30 days??ri8 so .. it will be earlier than 90 days as u have mentioned...

so i have to reach SASKATCHEWAN AS FAST I CANM .. and aarnage my job and start working .. try to complete work.
960 hours....

2>>>>>but there in saskatchewan ... agree to give permananet full tme job offer easilyy..???? after januray 2012... this rule willl be thre.. hope so .... of 960 hours.....

3>>>> this thing i wana ask. that my ending date of course is 1st january 2013..so in my visa will be of 1st january o for student visa????? if i dont apply for pgwp before 1st januray .. thy wil depart me?????????? becauise as u have told taht i should apply for late.. for pgwp????

so i think u r getting my point...... student visa is going to expire on 2st january so i must apply for pgewp before 1st jauary 2013.. than ... our plan of gettiing 2 months ,, how it will work.. having confusion. u r telling me right path but i m nt getting u .. soorry .. if u can expplain...

it will be help by u .. if u give ur contact information ..

thanking you.. i m dentist.. and after i wanna give licnese exam there...

i will be in touch with you .. u are my best guide ...

tiger007

Champion Member
cjraval89 said:
"TIGER Forever..."

ONE IS ALL & ALL IS ONE...

u r gr88 ..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! u have given me a big relief.....
as u have mentioned.. yes i can apply for my off campus after 6 months.... i will definately get it..
and ne of the best way to extend that is to apply for OFF-campus work permit after 6 months of your studies, it may take upto 1.5-2 months to get the off campus work permit. Once you get that off campus work permit, you can work full time in your job (after completion of your course/ receiving final transcripts) till you receive your PGWP. Now, the rule is that, one must apply for PGWP within 90 days of receiving their final transcripts/ completion of course (not convocation). So, you will have upto 90 days to apply for PGWP. If you hold an Off campus work permit, you can easily work for 1.5-2 months on that (thereby extending your time) and then apply for PGWP ( which takes usually 1 month to come).

ur this idea is the best .. sir...

1>>>>> i will apply for my pgwp after completion of my course in 45 to 6o th day.. so it will come in next 30 days??ri8 so .. it will be earlier than 90 days as u have mentioned...

so i have to reach SASKATCHEWAN AS FAST I CANM .. and aarnage my job and start working .. try to complete work.
960 hours....

2>>>>>but there in saskatchewan ... agree to give permananet full tme job offer easilyy..???? after januray 2012... this rule willl be thre.. hope so .... of 960 hours.....

3>>>> this thing i wana ask. that my ending date of course is 1st january 2013..so in my visa will be of 1st january o for student visa????? if i dont apply for pgwp before 1st januray .. thy wil depart me?????????? becauise as u have told taht i should apply for late.. for pgwp????

so i think u r getting my point...... student visa is going to expire on 2st january so i must apply for pgewp before 1st jauary 2013.. than ... our plan of gettiing 2 months ,, how it will work.. having confusion. u r telling me right path but i m nt getting u .. soorry .. if u can expplain...

it will be help by u .. if u give ur contact information ..

thanking you.. i m dentist.. and after i wanna give licnese exam there...

i will be in touch with you .. u are my best guide ...

Hi,

Thanx man...! But I'm no mentor/guide and am too just a simple guy aspiring to go to Canada for higher studies. I share and at the same time learn new things from fellow members of this forum. Whatever I know, I learned personally through extensive research (both online and offline) starting recently from Nov 2011, when I finally decided to go to Canada for a PG 1 year course in Sept. 2012 or most probably Jan 2013 intake and eventually move to Sask.!

Again relax.. slow down. Don't be so hyper my friend! Don't over-think as this will bring 100 unnecessary questions to your mind.

1. (If you have any co-op option of 2,3 or 4 months, try to do it in Sask province, as this will add to your 960 hours and you can save time. If not..no worries.)

Yes, apply for the OFF campus immediately after 6 months of your completion of studies. usually, you 'll need to maintain a good academic record, as per the standard set by your college to apply for the OFF campus work permit.This 6 months 'll be 4 months (SEM)+ actual study period of 2 months of 2nd SEM, and the vacation months 'll not be considered in calculating those 6 months, unless you do a co-op (as part of course) in those 4 months vacation term (i.e if you have any vacation term).

If you 've the OFF campus work permit, you can go to Sask. province immediately after completion of your course and start working there so as to collect the 960 hours,and you won't need to wait till your PGWP comes.

In case, you don't get the OFF campus work permit for some reason, then move to Sask province immediately as you get PGWP and start working extra time to cover up those 960 hours as much as possible.

2. Skilled jobs (NOC O,A, or B) in your specific field, or any one's actual field of study... especially without Canadian work experience.. I think is definitely a challenge to find anywhere in Canada.. But in Saskatchewan province, you need to do ANY job/jobs to collect 960 hours and then you need a permanent full time job offer. That's it. And jobs are not that difficult to get (especially the unskilled NOC C or D ones), and you can even try to do 1 full time and another part time job , so as to rake in as many hours you can. Remember, if you want to progress in career, in your dentistry route..then it may take a long time..many years to get the licence (am not exactly aware how long, or what's the exact procedure to get dentistry licence..but am sure it's not easy.. ;) )... but in short, much tougher. Alternatively, if you opt for the Sask. Student stream, for now.. you do any job, apply for PNP and get the PR, and then you will 've your whole life ahead of you to become a licensed dentist in Canada. The choice is yours! These days, most average international students are heading to Saskatchewan.

The best source for finding jobs in Sask province is: www.saskjobs.ca
Almost all jobs of all levels in Sask. province are Listed here!

Regarding the rules... No one can be sure, as to when these easy PNP student rules may change. These rules have been in place since 2008, when the Saskatchewan Party for the 1st time, won the province wide general election of 2007 and again in Nov 2011, the Saskatchewan Party came to power for the 2nd consecutive time during 2011 general election. It's pretty clear.. that these easy rules to attract international students were brought in by Saskatchewan party! No wonder..I think... among Sask. province citizens who are immigrants/ recent immigrants, most of them must 've voted for Saskatchewan party..that it won the 2011 general election with a landslide victory! (http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/skvotes2011/story/2011/11/07/sk-sask-election-main-111107.html) This news article claims, Saskatchewan party was able to attract older people and people of low income group(aka immigrants ;) )votes. So, it looks obviously these current rules 'll stay in place till atleast the next general election of Sask. province... that is, till 2015... of-course, unless there's a war, mass scale natural calamity or total economy collapse! Till those things happen..current rules shouldn't change...That should be more than enough for people like us to pass out our 1 year course, work for 6 months, apply and receive PNP nomination! So, don't worry. Even, in my case, if say, I go in Jan 2013, complete the course by Dec '13 and work till 2014 mid, still it gives enough time to apply for and get PNP nomination. So, if you follow all the steps correctly.. you should receive your nomination before end of 2013, that's even before I'll pass my course (If i join Jan 2013 intake)! so stay positive man!

So, pass your course by Jan 2013, get the final transcripts.. in meantime keep your off campus work permit ready.. and move to Sask.!

If you've any more queries regarding PGWP/SIN, check this post out...
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/query-post-graduate-work-permit-toronto-t96838.0.html;msg1292816#msg1292816

You can also contact me on my email. Check your personal inbox.

Best of Luck!

Whiteberry

Apr 25, 2012
HI, all
should i need to submit the pay roll to SINP office to certify my working experiences which have met the 960 hours?

Thank you everybody!!!

tiger007 said:
Hi,

Relax.

Best of Luck.

Venkat Sudeep

Apr 19, 2013
heyy, hiii
I have applied for University Of Saskatchewan for
MEng in Electrical and Computer engineering
BTech -68% (still to give my 4-2 exams)
Intermediate(+2) -76.8%
10th -83%
Ielts -7.5 (each band above 6)

Can anybody please tell me if there are any chances of me getting into this university, I'm eagerly looking forward.

Justin-engineer

Aug 17, 2013
Manitoba- Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hey Venkat Sudeep,
how did you applied to university of saskatchewan for m.eng in electrical and computer engineering ???
i mean doesn't they have a pre-qualification form for masters admission in this ECE department ???
did you got admission ??
mine profile is similar to yours,
B.E. : CGPA 7.26/10
IELTS :- 7.5 bands (each above 6.5 bands )

did you find any supervisor prior to applying for this program ?

please reply
thanks in advance !

rajvirgrewal62

Jun 18, 2016
kml87 said:
If your percentage is less than 60% then u can not make to any university in Canada. I am from India and applied for M Eng 2012 fall intake at Saskatchewan.
hello bro .. i need help from u

Sharmila190

Jul 20, 2016
Neshok666 said:
Finance:
20lakhs of educational loan

6lakhs of FD

3lakhs of fee paid

ITR's for 2years :8lakhs per annum !

Education :

12th computer science : 66.6%

10th : 66.6 %

1.2 years as SYSTEM ADMIN

1.8 Years as ADMINISTRATIVE EXECUTIVE

Ankit Prinja

May 25, 2017
If your percentage is less than 60% then u can not make to any university in Canada. I am from India and applied for M Eng 2012 fall intake at Saskatchewan.
Hi brother,
I want to apply for University of Saskatchewan. I am btech civil engineering student with aggregate of 74.45%. can i get admission in uos?