+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

University in Canada starting soon. Help!

MRami

Jul 10, 2016
Hi,

I applied for the study permit on July 13th and its being processed at the Abu Dhabi embassy. Im aware that Im late as it needs around 9 weeks to process but is there any way I can speed it up. I am already enrolled in SFU vancouver as an exchange student and I already have accomadation and everything sorted out but if I dont get my visa soon i'll miss out on SFU AND my current university since they start tomorrow whereas SFU starts in 8 days. The embassy is closed to the public so they claim the only way to contact them is by email so I did that but their reply didn't answer my concerns and seemed automated.

I made a mistake of applying for a study permit when I couldve applied for a visitors visa as Im only staying there for 5 months, however I know that the study permit includes a visitors visa as well. So is there anyway they can somehow grant me a visitors visa instead? Or is there any other way I can speak to someone about this? Any help is appreciated. Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
There's no way to expedite your study permit and you can't change your application from a study permit to a visitor visa (if you want a visitor visa - you would have to submit a new application). Email is typically the only to contact a visa office - they don't take calls.

MASHAL KHAN

Sep 14, 2015
Good days guys.
this is mashal khan frm pakistan.got msc degree in zoology.intended to get addm in mphil(Msc) at memorial uni canada in marine biology as it is the branch of zoology.
got 6.0 over all(L5.0/R6.0/W6.0/S6.5)all docu r ready like fian docu,property,bank sts etc.plus i hv a govt job this might b the reason to make the visa officer staisf tht i will come back to ma own country?
just wanted to ask wtelse shd i need to do ?i wana present ma case in a way that there may not be any deficiency.i will do my best and then the God will do the rest.
thanx cheers.

MRami

Jul 10, 2016
scylla said:
There's no way to expedite your study permit and you can't change your application from a study permit to a visitor visa (if you want a visitor visa - you would have to submit a new application). Email is typically the only to contact a visa office - they don't take calls.
Oh okay thanks scylla, what do you think of my chances of getting it in the next week or two? :(