+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Univ/College program doesn't have Co-op program,may i apply on my own?

Phu_Kang

Apr 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi there..

I'm really interested to study in Canada.Just found the college and the program.But sadly,there is no optional co op for international student related to the program that i want.Just curious about it,may i still eligible to apply co op on my own even though i'm not registered in co op program at my univ/college?maybe summer co op or co op after graduation.

really need an answer..

big thanks..

HHH

Star Member
Apr 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HI,
If your college/university offers co-op option then you can participate in it.
not in other college/university.

THE ROCK

Phu_Kang

Apr 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
(THE ROCK) said:
HI,
If your college/university offers co-op option then you can participate in it.
not in other college/university.

THE ROCK
Thanks THE ROCK!

but i think there is lil bit misunderstanding here..
what i mean is co op requirement in company,does it must be a registered student in co op program on his univ/college or not?
because the college that i want,doesn't offer the co op program.

I've done google-ing,and i found Research In Motion Co op FAQ
rim.com/careers/students/faq/

It is says :

"Do you have to be in a registered co-op/internship program to be hired for a student position?"

No, though we prefer to hire candidates through a registered co-op/internship program, we will consider students not registered in formal programs. However, you must be returning to full time studies upon completion of your term with RIM.

Are there any company just like RIM that who will approve co op for the non registered one?

HHH

Star Member
Apr 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Phu_Kang said:
Thanks THE ROCK!

but i think there is lil bit misunderstanding here..
what i mean is co op requirement in company,does it must be a registered student in co op program on his univ/college or not?
because the college that i want,doesn't offer the co op program.

I've done google-ing,and i found Research In Motion Co op FAQ
rim.com/careers/students/faq/

It is says :

"Do you have to be in a registered co-op/internship program to be hired for a student position?"

No, though we prefer to hire candidates through a registered co-op/internship program, we will consider students not registered in formal programs. However, you must be returning to full time studies upon completion of your term with RIM.

Are there any company just like RIM that who will approve co op for the non registered one?
HI,
I went through the website and i believes its a career page of RIM.
Actually it is for those students to whom company wants to hire( without co-op graduates) as a employee.( I may wrong here)

And IF college is offering co-op options then co-op will be counted as a part of study, you will not considered as a employee till completion of co-op.

THE ROCK

Phu_Kang

Apr 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
(THE ROCK) said:
HI,
I went through the website and i believes its a career page of RIM.
Actually it is for those students to whom company wants to hire( without co-op graduates) as a employee.( I may wrong here)

And IF college is offering co-op options then co-op will be counted as a part of study, you will not considered as a employee till completion of co-op.

THE ROCK
now im confused here..
maybe what i meant is the internship not the co op. :D