+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Uni of Ottawa Defer admission Denied

osamaobz

Mar 26, 2012
I've been admitted in Ottawa Uni for winter'18 but due to delay in visa processing, I couldn't make it.
I've just received an update on my CIC account to submit an updated letter of LOA .

I've contact the Universit, there have denied to provide defer admission, unless any exceptional circumstances.
I've emailed them the reasons of visa processing delay and send them the letter of updated LOA. I heard that they usually dont defer admission from winter to fall.

What should I do now? I've to submit the updated LOA as requested by Visa Officer.

Seeking for guidance from you people. Please do advise.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Nothing you can do but wait and see if they will defer. With small classes deferral causes problems because they will have problems filling the spot with a good applicant on short notice.

Reactions: dreamy2536

osamaobz

Mar 26, 2012
Nothing you can do but wait and see if they will defer. With small classes deferral causes problems because they will have problems filling the spot with a good applicant on short notice.
In case If I didn't get the admission; What will be the next step. What will the VO do if I failed to submit defer admission.

Mahindar

Dec 27, 2018
Hey,
Thanks for your input.
I’m in the same situation as you. Could you tell if uOttawa offered a deferral?
Thanks in advance

MSCAN

Jan 4, 2019
In case If I didn't get the admission; What will be the next step. What will the VO do if I failed to submit defer admission.
Did you get deferred?Please reply as we are in the same boat.I have enrolled in Jan 2019 but I think i might have to get my admission defered due to delay in visa.

Please help!

Reactions: Mahindar

Mahindar

Dec 27, 2018
Did you get deferred?Please reply as we are in the same boat.I have enrolled in Jan 2019 but I think i might have to get my admission defered due to delay in visa.

Please help!
I replied to this on the other thread. Please check.