Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
13-01-2024
Hi all,

I received my ITA in March 2024 and submitted my completed application in the month of may 2024.
Today I got a rejection letter stating incomplete application, the reason is

Specifically, your application does not include the following elements:
- Police Certificate:
o The Police certificate from India for your spouse was issued prior to her last residence in that country. The Police certificate was issued on 2024/04/24. Her last residence in this country was 2024/05/09.

What are my next options, is there a chance for me to challenge anything by getting help from a registered consultant, or should I just re apply again?

Please Help...

nzkko

Star Member
May 13, 2024
Were you get rejected or was the application returned as incomplete? There is a difference

rahulmurali88

Mar 24, 2024
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
13-01-2024
I got the below message

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has reviewed your application for permanent residence. We have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of a complete application as described in sections 10 and 12.01 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations. Your application is rejected for being incomplete and therefore, was not put into processing.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Hi all,

I received my ITA in March 2024 and submitted my completed application in the month of may 2024.
Today I got a rejection letter stating incomplete application, the reason is

Specifically, your application does not include the following elements:
- Police Certificate:
o The Police certificate from India for your spouse was issued prior to her last residence in that country. The Police certificate was issued on 2024/04/24. Her last residence in this country was 2024/05/09.

What are my next options, is there a chance for me to challenge anything by getting help from a registered consultant, or should I just re apply again?

Please Help...
What do you mean “ challenge “ ?

It was submitted incomplete. How do you challenge something where you didn’t submit the correct documents ?

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

rahulmurali88

Mar 24, 2024
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
13-01-2024
Hi @Copingwithlife thanks for answering, my wife was living in India when I received my ITA, hence I applied for the PCC from India she left India to join me after attaining the PCC. By the time I submitted my application my wife was here in Canada.

So I believe I have done it the way it has to be.

rahulmurali88

Mar 24, 2024
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
13-01-2024
Hi @Copingwithlife, in that letter, i see that they have mentioned about being able to use the data to resubmit profile again. Can you help me with some instructions on how to go in that direction. Now when I log into my account I don't see any option to submit again

CanGoldDigger

Feb 17, 2024
Ottawa
Were you get rejected or was the application returned as incomplete? There is a difference
In this case no difference. You can only create a new profile and wait for a new ITA.

The only difference is that you will get your money back as it's an incompleteness reason of refusal.

rahulmurali88

Mar 24, 2024
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
13-01-2024
Yeah I understand that I have no choice left, but will I have to fill the entire forms again or will they show an option to move the into the pool with the currently filled forms?

And one more question, once I get an ITA again (fingers crossed)
What all docs should I prepare new,

I had an offer letter issued after the date of first ITA, should I ask my company for a renewal?
Should I procure new PCC both for me and my wife, or just for me (If i get an invite within 6 months of my PCC date)

CanGoldDigger

Feb 17, 2024
Ottawa
Yeah I understand that have no choice left, but will i have to fill the entire forms again or will they show an option to move the into the pool with the currently filled forms?
Yup, you will have to do that again.

And one more question, once I get an ITA again (fingers crossed)
What all docs should I prepare new,
Expired ones for sure like language scores.

I had an offer letter issued after the date of first ITA, should I ask my company for a renewal?
It depends. It's based on LIMIA?

Should I procure new PCC both for me and my wife, or just for me (If i get an invite within 6 months of my PCC date)
PCC can be expired. The only condition that it should be issued after you leave the country that issues the PCC.

rahulmurali88

Mar 24, 2024
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
13-01-2024
My offer is LMIA Excempt.
My employer had paid for LMIA excemption.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Hi @Copingwithlife thanks for answering, my wife was living in India when I received my ITA, hence I applied for the PCC from India she left India to join me after attaining the PCC. By the time I submitted my application my wife was here in Canada.

So I believe I have done it the way it has to be.
I’m guessing then you put your wife’s residence as Canada. It’s pretty clear in the requirements. Had you submitted while she was still in India, and she followed you after you applied, this rejection wouldn’t have happened.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html

rahulmurali88

Mar 24, 2024
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
13-01-2024
Hi @bellaluna I did all the process myself with knowledge gained from my friends, none of them had a travel in and around the process. Hence I was not clear on how we would change the country of residence once after the application is submitted.

Could you help me with clearing one doubt; rather give an advice, I talked to my friends about this, they are telling it is better to go via a consultant the next time.
They shared an instance where there was continuous rejections after the first rejection and finally had to go via an RCIC certified agent.

So should I go via an agent the next time or submit on my own.?

Last edited: