Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
I honestly think the OP meant no harm. Knowing that the Philippines is a deeply religious country, I can see how having a child so young and out of wedlock would be a scandal there and they would want to hide it to avoid shame by coming up with a story that the daughter is actually her sister. And the OP probably didn't know all the rules regarding immigration and how she misrepresented herself. I was pretty naive to all the rules until I spent countless hours researching it. And I even believe that she probably didn't initially plan on sponsoring her oldest daughter until her mom pass away recently. Only now did she realize what a mess she is in.

mrFoce

Star Member
Oct 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2012
AOR Received.
18-01-2013
Med's Request
03-11-2013
Med's Done....
07-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-11-2013
LANDED..........
04-01-2014
keesio said:
I honestly think the OP meant no harm. Knowing that the Philippines is a deeply religious country, I can see how having a child so young and out of wedlock would be a scandal there and they would want to hide it to avoid shame by coming up with a story that the daughter is actually her sister. And the OP probably didn't know all the rules regarding immigration and how she misrepresented herself. I was pretty naive to all the rules until I spent countless hours researching it. And I even believe that she probably didn't initially plan on sponsoring her oldest daughter until her mom pass away recently. Only now did she realize what a mess she is in.
I hear what you're saying but my questions still hold up: why didn't she consult someone about this prior to applying. If the government really wants to be picky and strict on the rules, they could claim misrepesentation and void all her permits and visas? I've read that they can even take away citizenship in case of misrepresentation. Not trying to scare the OP though, but it looks like misrepresentation is the worst thing you can do and there is no expiry date on it.

If you send false documents or information, CIC will refuse your application. You could also:

be forbidden to enter Canada for at least two years,
have a permanent record of fraud with CIC,
have your status as a permanent resident or Canadian citizen taken away,
be charged with a crime or
be removed from Canada.

Since she seem to have sponsered at least 3 children, it would mean that worst case even their permits get revoked.

sharonin

Star Member
Aug 3, 2013
keesio said:
It's sad. To avoid the embarrassment of other people knowing she had a child so young, she torpedoed her chance to ever sponsor her daughter.
what embarrasment? you are not in my shoes when I was 17. the only reason my parents put her under their name is because my dad had a good job and she will be his dependent. I think my parents did what they think is best for my daughter that time.

sharonin

Star Member
Aug 3, 2013
keesio said:
for your info, my mom already passed away when I applied to Canada. I just do not have proof that she is my daughter let alone no money for dna

JCJ28

Jun 4, 2019
Any update on this thread? It seems that you are on same boat with my friend.. pls. Give us some update hope..