+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Unclear about where to apply

Bearcheese

Oct 8, 2013
Hello everyone,

I finally finished the application package

I couldnt have done it without everyones help from here. So, thank you all very very much.

However, I must call upon you for help one more time. I need to send out the application package, but I'm not sure where I'm supposed to send it to. The CIC website says:

Spouses, common-law or conjugal partner and dependent children:
CPC Mississauga
P.O. Box 3000, Station A
Mississauga, ON
L5A 4N6

and

Courier address (no public drop-offs)
2 Robert Speck Parkway,
Suite 300
Mississauga, ON
L4Z 1H8
Fax: 905-803-7392

I'm not sure which one I'm supposed to send it to. I'll probably use DHL or FedEx. I want to make sure that the package arrives, so I'll need to use the shipping method that requires a signature on delivery, right? Does that mean I have to send it to the Courier Address? Do I have to specify what time I want it delivered?
Also, other than the delivery address, is there a name, or any other kind of information that I need to put on the envelope?

Thanks again!

realismsleeve

Star Member
Feb 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Tel Aviv
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2015
AOR Received.
28-03-2015
Med's Done....
08-12-2014
Bearcheese said:
Hello everyone,

I finally finished the application package

I couldnt have done it without everyones help from here. So, thank you all very very much.

However, I must call upon you for help one more time. I need to send out the application package, but I'm not sure where I'm supposed to send it to. The CIC website says:

Spouses, common-law or conjugal partner and dependent children:
CPC Mississauga
P.O. Box 3000, Station A
Mississauga, ON
L5A 4N6

and

Courier address (no public drop-offs)
2 Robert Speck Parkway,
Suite 300
Mississauga, ON
L4Z 1H8
Fax: 905-803-7392

I'm not sure which one I'm supposed to send it to. I'll probably use DHL or FedEx. I want to make sure that the package arrives, so I'll need to use the shipping method that requires a signature on delivery, right? Does that mean I have to send it to the Courier Address? Do I have to specify what time I want it delivered?
Also, other than the delivery address, is there a name, or any other kind of information that I need to put on the envelope?

Thanks again!
You can choose either address based on how you choose to send it. If you send it by regular post, (I would suggest registered delivery if you use this method) then you send it to the PO box 3000 address.

If you courier it (DHL, Fedex etc.) you need to send it to the Robert Speck address. When you courier it arrange it to get there during the daytime and CIC working hours.

Above the address write 'outland spousal sponsorship application' this will ensure that is is filed in the right place. It is not compulsary to write this but I feel that it just makes everything easier for the CIC and gives you peace of mind.

You will not hear anything from the CIC until they start processing the application, for example with the current waiting time of 64 days it may be after 55 days that they will get to yours and at that time you will get an email receipt. Good luck

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
You *MAY* get an email receipt, not everyone does. Assume you will not hear until you get sponsor approved, and then if you get an email receipt, then be pleasantly surprised. CIC genearlly is pretty accurate with the 64 days, but allow a week or so of leeway just in case that date passes. Keep an eye on CIC's website - ignore the number of days but pay attention to "working on applications received on x"... even if the 64 days passes but your processing date hasn't passed, go by the processing date, not the count of number of days. :)

As for where to send, as has been said, if you are sending via courier, then use the Robert Speck address - a PO Box can't sign for a package! :)

realismsleeve

Star Member
Feb 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Tel Aviv
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2015
AOR Received.
28-03-2015
Med's Done....
08-12-2014
SchnookoLoly said:
You *MAY* get an email receipt, not everyone does. Assume you will not hear until you get sponsor approved, and then if you get an email receipt, then be pleasantly surprised. CIC genearlly is pretty accurate with the 64 days, but allow a week or so of leeway just in case that date passes. Keep an eye on CIC's website - ignore the number of days but pay attention to "working on applications received on x"... even if the 64 days passes but your processing date hasn't passed, go by the processing date, not the count of number of days. :)

As for where to send, as has been said, if you are sending via courier, then use the Robert Speck address - a PO Box can't sign for a package! :)
Yes, you may get an email or postal confirmation or if you used an immigration representative they will get an email. If you indicated in the application to be contacted by email then 99% you will get an email. You may also call the CIC after the suggested processing times if you have not heard anything. This is extra information I am giving you that would have benefitted me to know before I sent mine. The most accurate way to follow the processing times is to use the spreadsheets in this forum.

Bearcheese

Oct 8, 2013
Do the dhl guys put the address on themselves? Or can I handwrite it on a white label and put it on the envelope? I realize these are ridiculous questions, but I've never actually sent a letter over post...like, ever.

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
realismsleeve said:
Yes, you may get an email or postal confirmation or if you used an immigration representative they will get an email. If you indicated in the application to be contacted by email then 99% you will get an email. You may also call the CIC after the suggested processing times if you have not heard anything. This is extra information I am giving you that would have benefitted me to know before I sent mine. The most accurate way to follow the processing times is to use the spreadsheets in this forum.
If you have a look at the spreadsheet linked in my signature, we track when AOR is received int eh Notes column... only about half get AOR. And nearly all of these people have provided email addresses... hence I usually just say not to expect it, but to be pleasantly surprised if you do. :)

And OP, prepare the package as if you were sending an actual letter. On the front in the middle, write the Robert Speck in block letters, in VERY CLEAR WRITING. Not what *you* think is clear writing, what is ACTUALLY clear writing. (My husband thinks his writing is legible. I think his writing looks like he's holding the pen in his toes.) Write VERY VERY CLEARLY.

On the back, write RETURN: and then write your address. This can be smaller, but should be still very clear. Then go to the post office, or DHL, or FedEx, or whatever, and tell them that you need to send this package to Canada, and you'd like it sent by registered and tracked mail. They'll sort you out from there, will affix the appropriate labels and such, and send the package on its way. The receipt they give you will have the tracking number on it, which you should be able to view after 24 hours.

sohaib1

Champion Member
Jan 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2015
Doc's Request.
13-10-2015 (Urdu Nikah Nama)
AOR Received.
02-04-2015
File Transfer...
20-04-2015
Med's Done....
PreDone 20-01-2015
Passport Req..
11-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
LANDED..........
10-12-2015
i sent mine with the P.O box adress

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
sohaib1 said:
i sent mine with the P.O box adress
As has been said in this thread, use the PO Box if sending by normal mail, and the Robert Speck address if sending by courier.

MixedChick92

Feb 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON, JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-24-2015
File Transfer...
05-28-2015
Interview........