+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

unasked questions

majdsalim

May 22, 2011
following, I ask questions that I haven't got answers for on this form:

I'm Palestinian, got a job offer from an employer in Alberta, Calgary. the NOC is 0611 (marketing manager), the job requires experience in virtual media in addition to marketing 2 years exp, and i got that, its hard to find that exp in Canada

1: The occupation on my passport says (student) does it have to be (marketing)? or (manager)?
2: Does work exp in marketing needs to be approved by and governmental departments
3: Is a headed letter sign by my companie's owner plus a business card enough , any samples available?
4: beside advertising the job vacancy on couple of websites in Canada what my employer need to do in order to get positive LMO
5: is it harder or easier to get + LMO for NOC 0611
6: my offer says : 2000$ probation period 3 months then 4000$ monthly is that enough fot LMO to be satisfied as a manager position (the company is small sized)
7: how much time would it take to get LMO?
8: my "interactive media" exp is gotten by personal project i had here, that is not registered officially and its a secondly requirement how must i prove it (i have a website, business card, i can get testimonials from customers)

Thank you in advanced

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Lots of question

(1) I'm not sure - my passport doesn't list my occupation, but I would think that "student" isn't going to look great. But in the face of other evidence, that wouldn't disqualify you either.
(2) No approval is required
(3) Assuming it clearly describes your job duties and they conform to the NOC 0611 description, it should be fine. I don't know of any samples myself.
(4) Advertising is the biggest part, but this is something that HRSDC needs to address, since they set the standards
(5) I don't know.
(6) That's pretty low - $2000/mo is just over minimum wage. I'd expect HRSDC to reject the LMO at that wage. See: http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/qc/job_futures/statistics/0611.shtml - 2/3 of workers in this category are over $50,000 per year, so the median is probably closer to $65,000 per year (~$5,500/mo). Foreign workers cannot be paid less than prevailing rates.
(7) It can take ~4 months.
( 8 ) You need a portfolio for something like this usually. That would include printouts of pages from the website. But that would also go along with a copy of your college transcript showing you have the educational credentials required by NOC 0611:

Sales and marketing managers usually require a university degree or college diploma in business administration or a related field, with a minor in sales or marketing, as well as several years' experience as sales representative, marketing coordinator, product manager or other similar occupation.

The position of advertising and public relations manager usually requires a university degree or college diploma in public relations, communications, marketing, journalism or a related field, as well as several years' experience as a communications officer, advertising coordinator, or other similar occupation.
Good luck!

majdsalim

May 22, 2011
Thank you very much i think you covered all my inquires, as for degree i have a bachelor in business administration degree major marketing so i think im covered

as for wage the company is 5-6 employees including manager so its a small business, its total sale is around 180,000$ yearly, its impossible for them to pay me more, would a letter explaining this situation help?

Thank you

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
This is information they must include in the submission to HRSDC. I've had to revise LMOs before in order to bring the wages in-line with the HRSDC requirements, but that's between the employer and HRSDC.