+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Unaccompanied spouse

Rama08

Aug 23, 2018
Hi all,
I tried to add my spouse as unaccompanied after i have recived an email saying my pr was ready to be printed. I got married after i submitted my application and i couldn't change it after as it was locked. So now in the list of documents required to add my spouse to the application they are asking me to pay for a landing fee for my spouse as i clearly said she will not accompany. Is this procedure normal ? Wouldnt paying landing fee make her automatically comply to landing? And plus my application was reverted to india even though neither me or my spouse are currently living there.Please guys i need your help.

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
If you intend to add her now it means accompanying. If you don't want her accompanying you just send your passport for stamping, no need to add her now

Rama08

Aug 23, 2018
But is it not misrepresentation if i do not tell them i am married before i land ? I just want to update my status as married. I do not want to add her in my application

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
But is it not misrepresentation if i do not tell them i am married before i land ? I just want to update my status as married. I do not want to add her in my application
You are required to inform them of your marriage. Should have done it the day after ypu got married basically. She will need to do medicals and all regardless of accompanying or not.

Rama08

Aug 23, 2018
I had very little time between when i applied and when my pr was given. I applied on june 9th. Married on june 12 and received pmy pr on july 15. I basically didnt know where to do the changes. I am getting her background and medicals done. I really want to thank you for responding.

GCMSBuddy

Star Member
Feb 7, 2018
Canada
Hi all,
I tried to add my spouse as unaccompanied after i have recived an email saying my pr was ready to be printed. I got married after i submitted my application and i couldn't change it after as it was locked. So now in the list of documents required to add my spouse to the application they are asking me to pay for a landing fee for my spouse as i clearly said she will not accompany. Is this procedure normal ? Wouldnt paying landing fee make her automatically comply to landing? And plus my application was reverted to india even though neither me or my spouse are currently living there.Please guys i need your help.
Why are you adding your spouse as non-accompanying? Just add them us accompanying if you have not landed yet. They will be included in your PR application and you will not have to sponsor them later. This way, you both will be PR and can land together in Canada.

Rama08

Aug 23, 2018
She can not accompany me as of now, she is currently studying her master's in the United states.

GCMSBuddy

Star Member
Feb 7, 2018
Canada
She can not accompany me as of now, she is currently studying her master's in the United states.
Still add her. She just needs to visit Canada once to complete the landing formalities before the visa expiry and then she can go back to US. After that she can come back to Canada, once you get your PR Cards.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Agree with GCMS Buddy. Include your wife as accompanying. She does not have to live in Canada right away. She needs to be in Canada for 2 out of 5 years to keep her PR status. Much easier than trying to sponsor her later...

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Do NOT attempt to complete your "landing" until your spouse is declared, has completed medical and background checks, and your COPR has been cancelled/reissued with the correct marital status. Failure to do so will result in a world of immigration hurt.

Rama08

Aug 23, 2018
Getting her background and medicals would take time as this is new information for me. I was advised by a consultant that it was upto the immigration officer what was needed to add my parter to my pr. And background verification is going to take more than 30 days(the time allotted to us to submit these documents). Is there a possibility to request more time ? And we also got married in front of a judge and do not have any marriage pictures as we could not take our phones into the court house and those pictures were also requested. Can anyone please help me out? I really appreciate all yours responses. Thank you so much.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Getting her background and medicals would take time as this is new information for me. I was advised by a consultant that it was upto the immigration officer what was needed to add my parter to my pr. And background verification is going to take more than 30 days(the time allotted to us to submit these documents). Is there a possibility to request more time ? And we also got married in front of a judge and do not have any marriage pictures as we could not take our phones into the court house and those pictures were also requested. Can anyone please help me out? I really appreciate all yours responses. Thank you so much.
Background and medical are mandatory. Your application is going to be delayed, and you can't land until it's all completed.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Thank you. Can i request for extra time for those to get processed?
Exactly what documents have been requested by the visa office?

Rama08

Aug 23, 2018
A pcc, marriage registration, marriage certificate , marriage pictures, imm8, schedule a, additional family information, birth certificate, passport copy, processing fee and landing fee for my spouse.