App. Filed.......
19-11-10
IELTS Request
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-10
LANDED..........
soon..
hello guys,

I submitted my file yesterday,and i am really concerned that i have mentioned about my relatives(mothers brother and sister) on the form,and almost everyone on this forum has suggested about not mentioning about relatives,but my consultants told me that your uncle must have mentioned about my mother in their PR application,so its better to mention it......so please address my concern..as i really feel worried..

And My Other Application details are:

1.Done BBA with 64% (applied for PG diploma in HRM)
2.IELTS-7.5,
3.EDU Loan of 7.5 lacs
4.Liquid money of 10 lacs,
5.No SOP.

Guys please give any opinion about my chances and ease my concern,especially seniors,
I will really appreciate any reply..

whatever2011

Nov 8, 2010
Visa Office......
chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-10
IELTS Request
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-10
LANDED..........
soon..
please any kind of opinion.!!!!

android01

Star Member
Nov 14, 2010
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2010
Med's Request
22-11-2010
Med's Done....
24-11-2010
No, you should not under any circumstance misrepresent or hide any information. I don't know where you've read about not mentioning your relatives, that's not advisable. And it's just your family members (parents and siblings) you have to list in the supplementary form, that shouldn't be so hard.

As far as SOP is concerned, you should include an SOP if your planned studies are different from you've been studying in the past. For example, there are people who go for MBA in Canada after getting an engineering degree here. That raises a few flags. In that case you should include an SOP that clearly states why you chose MBA, and how that would help you when you come back to your own country.

Other than that you should avoid sending unnecessary documents. There are people who even include electricity, gas, telephone bills. You should avoid that. If any of your family members live in Canada, you should include a copy of their PR card or Record of Landing

whatever2011

Nov 8, 2010
Visa Office......
chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-10
IELTS Request
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-10
LANDED..........
soon..
hey thanks android01 for your views....really appreciate it......but i meant my relatives in canada(sorry not to mention that),but I got your point, anyways dont you feel that it would in some way affect the "you would leave canada after your studies" Parameter of the CHC.? besides my relatives reside in the same city where i applied.

anyways what do you reckon about my chances?

android01

Star Member
Nov 14, 2010
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2010
Med's Request
22-11-2010
Med's Done....
24-11-2010
No your relatives don't have anything to do with your visa application, unless they are supporting you. It's only your parents, sibling and whosoever is supporting you, they are interested in. Can't really say anything about your, mine or anyone else's chances but there are plenty of threads on this website that will help you on the "showing ties to your country" part

whatever2011

Nov 8, 2010
Visa Office......
chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-10
IELTS Request
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-10
LANDED..........
soon..
guys...please any opinion regarding my chances......pls

BeautifulSoul

Star Member
Oct 21, 2010
khi
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Isb
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05th July 2011
Med's Request
04th August 2011
Med's Done....
09th August 2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
12th August 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Hoping to hear soon..
Hey Whatever2011,

Android is right. If you have family there, its better to mention that. Hiding unnecessarily will raise the officer's brows and that may lead you at risk. Now, I am not very much sure of which relatives you could avoid mentioning. I guess Hasnaat, Umair or Asad can suggest you better.
By the way to which university you have applied? I will be applying for PGD in HRM as well and have done BBA Hons too.

whatever2011

Nov 8, 2010
Visa Office......
chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-10
IELTS Request
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-10
LANDED..........
soon..
Hey Thanks Beautiful.......nd I have taken admission in kwantlen univ..@ surrey(british columbia).....so,,where r u planning to apply??

Nd hey Hasnaat, Umair,Asad..and the other seniors.......please give your views guys....

BeautifulSoul

Star Member
Oct 21, 2010
khi
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Isb
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05th July 2011
Med's Request
04th August 2011
Med's Done....
09th August 2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
12th August 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Hoping to hear soon..
Hey,

Its good to hear that you too are planning to apply in Kwantlen uni for the same course and same campus =) I am, too applying for post bacc dip in HRM for kwantlen's surrey campus !!
So when are you applying?? whats was your IELTS score? And for which session u r planning?

whatever2011

Nov 8, 2010
Visa Office......
chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-10
IELTS Request
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-10
LANDED..........
soon..
hey...its great to know that you too are applying ther.....frm wer are you brother??? I am going for the Jan2011 session(hopefully)........nd i got 7.5 in ielts....wat abt you....have you applied yet???

rokdaworld

Sep 7, 2010
I would suggest mentioning of your relative will work for you ..but yours sponsors at home should be strong enough.. you should not hide it

hasnaat

Jul 7, 2010
Multan
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys,

In your case let me know if your real uncle , like your mother real brother is living in CAD.

If yes, there was no harm mentioning his details as Visa Section guys verify all details with their DB record.

If your uncle has mentioned your mother name on his PR application , Visa Section could get it through so Honesty is the best policy and it will work for you.

See, on the forum the impression to hide your relatives applies for those who are not our direct blood relations like, siblings. Mamoon , Khala etc.

I have several of my friends studying in CAD and they mentioned their relative details on the Form .

So hope high and pray to your lord for the best results in your favor .

Hasnaat:)

android01

Star Member
Nov 14, 2010
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2010
Med's Request
22-11-2010
Med's Done....
24-11-2010
hasnaat said:
Guys,

In your case let me know if your real uncle , like your mother real brother is living in CAD.

If yes, there was no harm mentioning his details as Visa Section guys verify all details with their DB record.

If your uncle has mentioned your mother name on his PR application , Visa Section could get it through so Honesty is the best policy and it will work for you.

See, on the forum the impression to hide your relatives applies for those who are not our direct blood relations like, siblings. Mamoon , Khala etc.

I have several of my friends studying in CAD and they mentioned their relative details on the Form .

So hope high and pray to your lord for the best results in your favor .

Hasnaat:)
No I do not agree with you. Real uncle or not, he does not have to write their names. Here is the Supplementary Form (also referred to as the Family Composition form)
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/pakistan/assets/pdfs/visas/Supplementary_Information_Form-EN.pdf.

You just have to fill the supplementary form out, that's it. Do not make your own family trees or your own family composition forms. Just fill the supplementary form and send it along your application. Viola!

Here's the only information you have to fill out in the supplementary form:

1. Details of your wife/husband and your parents residing in Pakistan, Afghanistan, or abroad.
2. Details of your sons and daughters residing in Pakistan, Afghanistan, or abroad.
3. Details of your brothers and sisters residing in Pakistan, Afghanistan, or abroad.
4. Details of your Employment/Self-employment for the last 10 years: (If not employed list details of spouse's or father's employment).
5. The duration of your intended stay in Canada (in weeks).
6. Language you are capable of being interviewed in (English and/or French).
7. Date and your signature.

Now Hasnaat, would you please let me know how would one's uncle or any relative other than one's family members fit in this form? Maybe you have been filling different forms than me, ones that I am not aware of?

So the bottom line is NO YOU DO NOT HAVE TO MENTION YOUR UNCLE OR ANY RELATIVE. IT'S JUST YOUR SPOUSE, PARENTS, CHILDREN AND SIBLINGS YOU HAVE TO MENTION ON THE SUPPLEMENTARY FORM. PERIOD

hasnaat

Jul 7, 2010
Multan
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mate,

We are not talking about the Supplementary Form here.

On the main Study Apps, there is a field wherein Applicant has to mention if any of his family members living in CAD or has applied in the past.

android01

Star Member
Nov 14, 2010
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2010
Med's Request
22-11-2010
Med's Done....
24-11-2010
He does not have to mention his uncle(s) there either. Spouse, Parents, Children and Siblings, that's it