+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

UAE Entry/Exit stamps asked at the Interview

Donvalley

Oct 14, 2013
Toronto - Downtown
Visa Office......
................. [b]e-CAS[/b] (electronic Client Application Status) login : http://goo.gl/dQFOk
NOC Code......
................. [b]How to login e-cas[/b] using client ID: http://imgbox.com/hhIMgYf5
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
................. [b]Case Specific Enquiry[/b]: http://goo.gl/yCBCbB
Please don't mind my words. What CanV said (at least the RQ part) is true. Multiple threads on this forum and my own personal experiences attest that probability of RQ is high for residents, ex-residents and frequent travelers to UAE after the citizenship scandal investigations couple of years ago. The risk factor is elevated much more if you are applying from GTA, especially Mississauga, served as the "base operation center" of all frauds.
There are some other factors which adds ambiguity too on the other hand, like one issue with UAE cancelled visa is, it doesn't have a cancellation date...which increase suspicions to some CIC agents...

CIC is not taking applicants word for it anymore, so it is good to have the entry/exit report attested by ministry and UAE embassy at Ottawa.

This is not a wild imagination or speculation, there is a search feature on this forum and you can use it to verify yourself.

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aspat said:
Clearly a case of judgement based purely on speculation, stemming from one's vivid and overactive imagination.

I lived in the Middle East for over 15 years, so of course I have ties, namely family and friends. And I have absolutely no intentions of abandoning them. Ever.

I have my parents and in-laws and close friends living in India. Am I supposed to turn my back on them because I moved to Canada?

Is that what Canadian Citizenship entails?

My husband 'visits frequently' because his company headquarters is in UAE. It's a multinational company and his job takes him around the world, not just the UAE. (I'm sure Canada would find that infinitely preferable to us living on handouts from the government). That's not to say he is devious and out to hoodwink the Canadian authorities.

On this forum to share experiences and receive guidance from members in a similar situation, trying to avoid unwarranted hassles while going about acquiring citizenship legitimately. Thank you, but I do not really require anyone's unsolicited opinion or stamp of approval with regard to our possible future course of action.

Having said that, we intend to remain in Canada long after 'people like you' have left the country, seeking greener pastures elsewhere. In which case, let me wish you the very best.

And please remember that no one likes their integrity being questioned. I'm sure that includes you.

Have a wonderful day!
Family immigrates from UAE to Canada, husband returns or visits UAE frequently, wife stays with kids (who go to school) in Canada, applies for citizenship, receives RQ, stays longer, gets her citizenship along with kids, go back to live in UAE (husband can now extend PR status indefinitely since he lives with a Canadian wife abroad).

You probably know more cases like this than I do.

I am not saying this is you, and you dont have to convince me. Convince them.

Maly

May 2, 2010
Aspat said:
Clearly a case of judgement based purely on speculation, stemming from one's vivid and overactive imagination.
Having said that, we intend to remain in Canada long after 'people like you' have left the country, seeking greener pastures elsewhere. In which case, let me wish you the very best.
And please remember that no one likes their integrity being questioned. I'm sure that includes you.
I think you are being really harsh and unfair on CanV. You asked for opinion, got an honest opinion, got upset. Coming from a similar UAE situation, I have seen several examples in this portal which, rightly or wrongly, put ex-UAE folks in a hard corner. I am currently getting myself organized to face the citizenship process by arming myself with all the supporting documents. I have briefly traveled to UAE on business but stayed in Canada all the while. It is not the question of 'what I am or what my clean intentions are'... it is merely the way the perception as well as the past fraudulent records work to our disadvantage. A smart person would prepare for adversity with a cool head and thank those who provide an honest opinion.

tds69us

Nov 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maly said:
I think you are being really harsh and unfair on CanV. You asked for opinion, got an honest opinion, got upset. Coming from a similar UAE situation, I have seen several examples in this portal which, rightly or wrongly, put ex-UAE folks in a hard corner. I am currently getting myself organized to face the citizenship process by arming myself with all the supporting documents. I have briefly traveled to UAE on business but stayed in Canada all the while. It is not the question of 'what I am or what my clean intentions are'... it is merely the way the perception as well as the past fraudulent records work to our disadvantage. A smart person would prepare for adversity with a cool head and thank those who provide an honest opinion.
Agree with Maly, I too am an ex-UAE resident, but with the help of the feedback from this thread, I was able to add a few more documents as a preemptive measure to avoid an RQ. I really am thankful to those who shared their experience as it definitely helps us out. As a general statement, everything expressed in this forum towards topics of how a CO would look at things is based on an informed opinion. I don't think we have any members who are COs :D

era1521

Oct 7, 2014
Aspat said:

I lived in the Middle East for over 15 years, so of course I have ties, namely family and friends. And I have absolutely no intentions of abandoning them. Ever.

I have my parents and in-laws and close friends living in India. Am I supposed to turn my back on them because I moved to Canada?

Is that what Canadian Citizenship entails?

My husband 'visits frequently' because his company headquarters is in UAE. It's a multinational company and his job takes him around the world, not just the UAE. (I'm sure Canada would find that infinitely preferable to us living on handouts from the government). That's not to say he is devious and out to hoodwink the Canadian authorities.

On this forum to share experiences and receive guidance from members in a similar situation, trying to avoid unwarranted hassles while going about acquiring citizenship legitimately. Thank you, but I do not really require anyone's unsolicited opinion or stamp of approval with regard to our possible future course of action.

Have a wonderful day!
Sorry, I'm lost here; are you talking about frequent visits back to India, where I assume you're originally from, or Emirates?
We are not judging you here; you're just a nickname on a discussion forum, pretty much a nobody, looking for answers on a situation you believe you have. Most likely something to the extend of what CanV described. He put it in nice enough words, no need you jump up.
Of course we speculate, what else you'd expect. But like he said you dont have to convince us here.
As for greener pastures, I bet you indeed found it here in Canada.

So lady, let us know how it'll work out for you and kids; I believe husband to busy with multinational at this time to apply.

akheya

Dec 3, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i think everyones needs to calm down a lil. Some people here actually need help for real and any help would help. So lets just try and stick to that.

and on other hand if you are asking for opinions/suggestions/ideas then you should be able to hear what people have to say and following it or not its ur problem. If you are going to ask for suggestions in a post then people are gonna suggest what they really think.

Soo please relax.

Aspat

Nov 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

Let me begin by saying that I appreciate all the people who give their opinions and advice on this forum, including CanV.

I am on this forum to gain knowledge and advice. Many members have been providing that. I do realize a person in my situation could be slapped with an RQ. Sharing experiences and providing advice based on both knowledge and speculation, considering nobody is a CO, is what everybody who is in trouble or foresees trouble, expects from a forum like this.

If you read the post which began it all, you would notice that it's just a narration of my background. Nothing about it even remotely acts as a trigger to incite vile comments. And it was posted in a thread pertaining to people from a similar background.

I'm sure for every fraud from the Middle East, there are 10 genuine immigrants. But considering the influx of immigrants from the ME, 10% is still probably a huge figure. So I understand that there's a high possibility that I'll have to make every effort to convince the immigration authorities about the legitimacy of my application. That is why I'm here, seeking advice - not necessarily to avoid an RQ but to be well prepared if I ever got one.

What I object to though, is people who are complete strangers speculating about my past, present and my future. Everybody who has commented in CanV's defence should admit he was making unfounded assumptions about me, and not very pleasant ones. ('In my opinion, you are a good example of...' , 'I'm assuming by 'he visits frequently', he is not actually visiting, more like working there', 'Your stay in Canada is obviously temporary...') Which part of the above phrases is not nasty? Especially when none of the statements are true.

CanV, wouldn't it have been better to have just asked me instead of jumping to all the wrong conclusions? I would have gladly provided the answers.

Aspat

Nov 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
toshib said:
Having full travel record from UAE and all stamps in the passport for the last four years helps alot when you present them to the citizenship officer at the interview day,other factors that can help is working or studying most of the time in which you have some evidence of living here like for ex paystubs ,T4 slips,study transcripts also attending language community center schools for free where they provide you with attendance record,also visiting the doctor frequently
Thank you, toshib. Will keep your advice in mind.

Aspat

Nov 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Donvalley said:
Please don't mind my words. What CanV said (at least the RQ part) is true. Multiple threads on this forum and my own personal experiences attest that probability of RQ is high for residents, ex-residents and frequent travelers to UAE after the citizenship scandal investigations couple of years ago. The risk factor is elevated much more if you are applying from GTA, especially Mississauga, served as the "base operation center" of all frauds.
There are some other factors which adds ambiguity too on the other hand, like one issue with UAE cancelled visa is, it doesn't have a cancellation date...which increase suspicions to some CIC agents...

CIC is not taking applicants word for it anymore, so it is good to have the entry/exit report attested by ministry and UAE embassy at Ottawa.

This is not a wild imagination or speculation, there is a search feature on this forum and you can use it to verify yourself.
I do realize that Donvalley. Thank you for pointing it out, all the same.

Aspat

Nov 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanV said:
Family immigrates from UAE to Canada, husband returns or visits UAE frequently, wife stays with kids (who go to school) in Canada, applies for citizenship, receives RQ, stays longer, gets her citizenship along with kids, go back to live in UAE (husband can now extend PR status indefinitely since he lives with a Canadian wife abroad).

You probably know more cases like this than I do.

I am not saying this is you, and you dont have to convince me. Convince them.
'I am not saying this is you' - Thank you for that CanV. I'm glad you understood the reason behind my objection to your statements about me.

Like I've mentioned in another post in this thread, I'm here to seek advice and guidance. And I appreciate all members who provide that.

era1521

Oct 7, 2014
Aspat said:
'I am not saying this is you' - Thank you for that CanV. I'm glad you understood the reason behind my objection to your statements about me.

Like I've mentioned in another post in this thread, I'm here to seek advice and guidance. And I appreciate all members who provide that.
Once again I speculate. RQ is the least of your problems. As you have no income here, be prepared with all paper work to justify your source of income in Canada. That means your and your spouse return tax, rental agreements or property papers, financial statements for the 4yrs period (don't be surprise if a tax audit pops up - government agencies can be tricky sometimes). School records for children. Ties to Canada.
After all this, think of UAE visa or passport stamps.

But maybe you're good one of those ten.

Aspat

Nov 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
era1521 said:
Once again I speculate. RQ is the least of your problems. As you have no income here, be prepared with all paper work to justify your source of income in Canada. That means your and your spouse return tax, rental agreements or property papers, financial statements for the 4yrs period (don't be surprise if a tax audit pops up - government agencies can be tricky sometimes). School records for children. Ties to Canada.
After all this, think of UAE visa or passport stamps.

But maybe you're good one of those ten.
Thank you. It appears to be a pretty exhaustive list. Fortunately, I have documentary evidence for all your points enumerated in the list.

And any particular reason why tax audits would pop up for decent law abiding residents unless your name is picked up on a random basis? I've always though one is innocent until proven guilty.

And yes, I am one of the good 10.

akheya

Dec 3, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can anyone help with question 6D.

Do you have permanent resident status in any other country?
well i do have dubai residence visa, not sure if it same as permanent residence as it expires every 2 yrs and i renew it. I was born in dubai.

so if i say yes to that question it asks me for country and date. so country is UAE and for date am confused what to put there, the latest visa date ? which would be march 2013 or very first one which i dont even know what it is. (BTW my dubai visa is still valid)

please help

Aspat

Nov 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
akheya said:

well i do have dubai residence visa, not sure if it same as permanent residence as it expires every 2 yrs and i renew it. I was born in dubai.

so if i say yes to that question it asks me for country and date. so country is UAE and for date am confused what to put there, the latest visa date ? which would be march 2013 or very first one which i dont even know what it is. (BTW my dubai visa is still valid)

please help
It is not PR it's just resident visa.

My daughter's UAE visa was valid when I applied for PR renewal. It went just fine.

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
akheya said:

please help
What you have is a permanent resident status in UAE, however you can call it a temporary residence visa/permit since "permanent" in countries like UAE means nothing. You should explain why you had it, why you still have it, and why you want to still have it in the future. Put down when you obtained and when it will expire and your intentions with it, whether to keep renewing or let expire.