+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Type 1 Diabetic CEC candidate

kmsbytes

Star Member
Apr 22, 2018
Category........
Other
Hi all
I got ITA in April. I am Type1 Diabetic on work permit. Will a slight high Hba1c (7.2) cause problem. Due to covid lockdown with lack of movement, it has jumped slightly up I feel else it was always in good control.
I know its quite not common but has anyone faced issue related to Diabetes with Hba1c in this range and have gone for Express Entry. If yes, please share if its ok or anything that should be done in such case.

thanks
Kb

thevisawhisperer

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2020
West Coast
IRCC's medical division will decide if this is a problem for the Canadian health care system or not. Does controlling your diabetes put a substantial strain on the Canadian medical system?

kmsbytes

Star Member
Apr 22, 2018
Category........
Other
I don't know how to measue it. In last 1years, i visited doctor for prescription refill 2 times and some blood tests which in India would cost 70$ or so but I but are covered in OHIP here. Medicine anyway are covered by my company insurance so as such i don't see a big drain on Canadian health care. In last 1.25year i haven't taken a single day office off and no problem as such apart from T1 diabetes which anyway is not in human control

Isha295

Feb 17, 2022
Hi all
I got ITA in April. I am Type1 Diabetic on work permit. Will a slight high Hba1c (7.2) cause problem. Due to covid lockdown with lack of movement, it has jumped slightly up I feel else it was always in good control.
I know its quite not common but has anyone faced issue related to Diabetes with Hba1c in this range and have gone for Express Entry. If yes, please share if its ok or anything that should be done in such case.

thanks
Kb
Hi, I have a couple of questions around your medical test. I am about to apply for work permit and I have Type 1 Diabetes. It would be of immense help if you can guide me on the medical checkup and what all they ask and what all they test. I am unable to message you privately. Pls let me know how can I reach you. Thanks in advance!

tejveer30

Mar 7, 2022
Hi, I have a couple of questions around your medical test. I am about to apply for work permit and I have Type 1 Diabetes. It would be of immense help if you can guide me on the medical checkup and what all they ask and what all they test. I am unable to message you privately. Pls let me know how can I reach you. Thanks in advance!
I am also type 1 diabetic and currently on work permit. As far as I know, it does not have any impact on our medical. In medical, they ask about any health condition, just tell them that you are type 1 diabetic and what kind of medicine i.e. insulin you are prescribed to.

Isha295

Feb 17, 2022
I am also type 1 diabetic and currently on work permit. As far as I know, it does not have any impact on our medical. In medical, they ask about any health condition, just tell them that you are type 1 diabetic and what kind of medicine i.e. insulin you are prescribed to.
Thanks for replying. Do they do additional test like renal function or hba1c? My Hba1c is at 8 currently but all my renal and other tests are fine. Also did they ask you your average Hba1c levels in case they didn't do a test? Thanks!

tejveer30

Mar 7, 2022
Thanks for replying. Do they do additional test like renal function or hba1c? My Hba1c is at 8 currently but all my renal and other tests are fine. Also did they ask you your average Hba1c levels in case they didn't do a test? Thanks!
Hba1c is not a big issue, I guess they don’t do it. They are more concerned about any contagious disease like TB.

tejveer30

Mar 7, 2022
Did they do any blood tests for you like Hba1c or renal since you had type1
I had my medical almost 3 years ago, at that time, they didn’t do any tests related to diabetes, I was in same dilemma. Don’t worry about it, your Hba1c is not high, mine was close to 10 at that time.

Isha295

Feb 17, 2022
I had my medical almost 3 years ago, at that time, they didn’t do any tests related to diabetes, I was in same dilemma. Don’t worry about it, your Hba1c is not high, mine was close to 10 at that time.
Thanks! This really helps!