+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TWP-plans to have vacation leave.. I have some questions?

jhomen

Nov 19, 2009
Hi,
I just came to Canada last June 2009 holding TWP valid for 2 years.. multiple entries. . Although I am enjoying my stay here. I really wanted to go back in my country for the Christmas and new year "holidays" (2 weeks).
I'm just afraid of the idea that I might not be allowed to come back..
1. What documents should i prepare to make sure that I will be allowed to enter Canada.
2. Do i need re-entry visa?
3. Can i process it here in Canada before I leave?
4. How long is the process?
Thanks in advance..
I totally have no idea..
God bless!!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

jhomen said:
Hi,
I just came to Canada last June 2009 holding TWP valid for 2 years.. multiple entries. . Although I am enjoying my stay here. I really wanted to go back in my country for the Christmas and new year "holidays" (2 weeks).
I'm just afraid of the idea that I might not be allowed to come back..
1. What documents should i prepare to make sure that I will be allowed to enter Canada.
2. Do i need re-entry visa?
3. Can i process it here in Canada before I leave?
4. How long is the process?
Thanks in advance..
I totally have no idea..
God bless!!
1. You know it would be easier if you told the whole story. Are you from a country that requires a TRV (visitor visa) to enter Canada? Or from a visitor visa exempt country? If you are from a country that requires a TRV to enter Canada, do you have a valid one? If you require a TRV to enter and you don't have one, then you will have to apply for one from a Canadian office in the US by mail, or in your home country when you return there. For processing times see the web site of the office where you will apply.

PMM

jhomen

Nov 19, 2009
thanks for the reply..
I came to Canada with a TRV (working visa) valid for two years. The date of issue was June 13, 2009 and the expiration is on June 12, 2011. I've been working for 6 months now and I was planning to ask my employer for a 2 weeks vacation. Which I think will be granted.
When I go back do i need to go to the immigration office/port of entry to inform them that I leave Canada and wants to re enter. What papers do i need to prepare.. Do i need re entry visa?
sorry, just really don't have idea about it.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
jhomen said:
thanks for the reply..
I came to Canada with a TRV (working visa) valid for two years. The date of issue was June 13, 2009 and the expiration is on June 12, 2011. I've been working for 6 months now and I was planning to ask my employer for a 2 weeks vacation. Which I think will be granted.
When I go back do i need to go to the immigration office/port of entry to inform them that I leave Canada and wants to re enter. What papers do i need to prepare.. Do i need re entry visa?
sorry, just really don't have idea about it.
If you have a valid work permit (loose piece of paper stapled on passport) and you have a valid multiple entry work visa ("foil" stamped on your passport), you need to ask your employer for a letter or an "approved leave of absence" stating that you are just going for a 2-week vacation and that you are coming back to work.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
TWP & TRV are not the same thing, some countries require only the first one, some countries require both... and you still haven't said what country. PMM could help you if you would just say what country!

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
jes_ON said:
TWP & TRV are not the same thing, some countries require only the first one, some countries require both... and you still haven't said what country. PMM could help you if you would just say what country!
I think the OP is from a country who requires TRV (see original post). A work permit does not authorize re-entry, so I am guessing it could not be multiple, and OP mentioned TRP is multiple. But yes, people will be in better position to help if you told "the whole story".