+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TWP LMOs not being issued

Kirsty

Dec 13, 2009
Hi

I read on another forum that there are currently no LMOs being issued, we live in Alberta and need to renew our work permit while awaiting PR to be completed has anyone had this problem? Or been told no more LMOs are being issued, the post suggested that due to the current economic problems no foreign workers are being accepted.

Help would be appreciated

Thanks

Kirsty

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Kirsty said:
Hi

I read on another forum that there are currently no LMOs being issued, we live in Alberta and need to renew our work permit while awaiting PR to be completed has anyone had this problem? Or been told no more LMOs are being issued, the post suggested that due to the current economic problems no foreign workers are being accepted.

Help would be appreciated

Thanks

Kirsty
Would help if you could show us a link to the post you cited. Anyway, as long as your employer had shown proof that s/he tried to recruit Canadian Citizens or Permanent Residents for the position and found none qualified or none applied (proof of advertisement/recruitment results), there should not be a reason why they can't apply for LMO and obtain one for the temporary foreign worker (you).

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
From what I've heard, there are a lot fewer LMO's being issued than there were a couple of years ago. That doesn't mean none, it just means that there are more Canadians unemployed and willing to take the jobs available causing employers to have problems qualifying for LMO's for their workers.

bananawolf

Dec 8, 2009
Hello, Kirsty:
Just for your information, I had a positive LMO proved recently. The application only took about 3 weeks.