+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Two or more degree, certificates or diploma

hishamx87

Apr 25, 2017
Hey, did you manage to get points for your BTEC?
Hi,

Just got my ECA from ICES and it states "Grade 12 (High School Completion)".

So no extra points to claim 2 or more degree category. However, I have read on different forums that people were granted equivalency which gets you additional points.

So in my opinion, if you want to apply for an ECA avoid IQAS and ICES for BTEC level 3 ECAs.

Regards,

kj93

Apr 4, 2018
Hi,

Just got my ECA from ICES and it states "Grade 12 (High School Completion)".

So no extra points to claim 2 or more degree category. However, I have read on different forums that people were granted equivalency which gets you additional points.

So in my opinion, if you want to apply for an ECA avoid IQAS and ICES for BTEC level 3 ECAs.

Regards,
Thank you for the response!

Fatemasultana

Apr 7, 2018
@dodogirl
Yes, after extensive research I am now quite clear about it. We will get points according to the ECA assessments. Not by our original degree. For example one can have a masters degree which is one year long but ECA states it is 3 years long Canadian bachelors degree equivalent then he/she will get points for 3 years bachelors degree. Your university may award you a degree within one year (if you are a genious) or can take 5 years but they will consider what equivalency duration ECA gives you.

According to ECA I have a diploma (two years) and bachelors degree (four years) so I am fulfilling the condition of two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees one must be three or more years long.

If you check the IRCC website link for ECA you will read that they only takes any foreign education into consideration if the candidate has an ECA report for the same. And award every point based on ECA assessment, read below -

If you want to become an Express Entry candidate, and you have had an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA), you can find out below how many points you will get.

Points are used to rank candidates once they get into the Express Entry pool.

Your result will be marked on your report as the Canadian equivalent to the foreign degree, diploma or certificate you had assessed. Find the result in the first column of the table below and you can see information about your points.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/education-assessed/read-report.html

Reactions: dodogirl

samikdg

Apr 27, 2018
I have a question regarding WES evaluation.

I graduated from Law School in Europe which is a 5-year university program (it was one program, Master's degree, no bachelor in between).

I did my WES evaluation and on my WES evaluation is says "Bachelor and Master's degree"

I am confused now. Which option should I choose:
- two or mode degrees (however, it was only one, with one title and one diploma) - this option has 128pts
- Master's degree (this is the highest one I have) - this option has 135 pts

I would appreciate your thoughts.
Thanks!
If your degree certificate says as Masters and WES has also evaluated as Masters, IMO you should not have any problem in selecting Masters degree in EE. Also as long as you have CLB 9 on IELTS, you will get full 100 points on skill transferability both for Masters and Two post-secondary degree options.

Fatemasultana

Apr 7, 2018
If your degree certificate says as Masters and WES has also evaluated as Masters, IMO you should not have any problem in selecting Masters degree in EE. Also as long as you have CLB 9 on IELTS, you will get full 100 points on skill transferability both for Masters and Two post-secondary degree options.
Not necessarily 100 points. Poster need to have minimum 3 years foreign skilled work experience as well to score 100 skill transferablity points otherwise poster will get 75 points.

samikdg

Apr 27, 2018
Not necessarily 100 points. Poster need to have minimum 3 years foreign skilled work experience as well to score 100 skill transferablity points otherwise poster will get 75 points.
Yes, thanks for correcting! I had just assumed that poster has minimum 3 years of eligible experience :)

GeetaLSharma

Star Member
May 8, 2017
Hi All
I have few questions regarding sending my documents to WES.
1. Can my spouse and i send transcripts of both of us in one big packet wherein our individual envelopes will contain the respective reference number.
2. I am a master degree holder in computers.I have been asked to submit my official trancriptswhich i have already obtained from the university. Then they have also asked to send clear and legible copy of the degree.What is meant by this??Does thus mean self attested photocopy of the degree.Is there ny experienced person who can reply.
3.Do i need to send my secondary and post secondary certificates.They have not asked these when i registered myself with WES.
4.How many days WES takes to evaluate after receiving the documents.
Thanks in advance

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Hi All
I have few questions regarding sending my documents to WES.
1. Can my spouse and i send transcripts of both of us in one big packet wherein our individual envelopes will contain the respective reference number.
2. I am a master degree holder in computers.I have been asked to submit my official trancriptswhich i have already obtained from the university. Then they have also asked to send clear and legible copy of the degree.What is meant by this??Does thus mean self attested photocopy of the degree.Is there ny experienced person who can reply.
3.Do i need to send my secondary and post secondary certificates.They have not asked these when i registered myself with WES.
4.How many days WES takes to evaluate after receiving the documents.
Thanks in advance
1. Yes, you can send together but there must be separate small envelopes containing respective reference numbers inside the master envelope.
2. Just a photocopy of the certificate, nothing else, I did same, no attestation.
3. No, not needed at all.
4. After receiving the documents they will evaluate whether to accept the documents or not. If all documents are accepted then usually it takes 3 weeks to complete the evaluation.

Good Luck!

GeetaLSharma

Star Member
May 8, 2017
Thabks for the prompt reply.
There are few more queries which i request you to answer.
1.Did u also send ur application like this. Transcripts of both in d same envelope.If yes,then what should be writen on the top of the envelope..i mean whose reference number.
2.How did u send d degree..did u put it inside any envelope and then sealed it..bcoz its written on the site that no opened and without sealed envelopes will be accepted.Please elaborate on how to send d copy of degree.You also sent it like this?and when did u send?
Thanks
1. Yes, you can send together but there must be separate small envelopes containing respective reference numbers inside the master envelope.
2. Just a photocopy of the certificate, nothing else, I did same, no attestation.
3. No, not needed at all.
4. After receiving the documents they will evaluate whether to accept the documents or not. If all documents are accepted then usually it takes 3 weeks to complete the evaluation.

Good Luck!

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Thabks for the prompt reply.
There are few more queries which i request you to answer.
1.Did u also send ur application like this. Transcripts of both in d same envelope.If yes,then what should be writen on the top of the envelope..i mean whose reference number.
2.How did u send d degree..did u put it inside any envelope and then sealed it..bcoz its written on the site that no opened and without sealed envelopes will be accepted.Please elaborate on how to send d copy of degree.You also sent it like this?and when did u send?
Thanks
My case was different because I have graduated from UK and my wife from home country. I have sent only the copy of my degree and diploma certificates in a sealed envelope and my university directly sent the transcript.

A clear copy of your certificate can go in a envelope. write your wes reference number on top and seal it. you need to do this same for your spouse's certificate as well. Now you will have four envelope, two envelopes for your credentials (one from you-certificate and one from your university-transcript) and two from your spouse(certificate + university transcript). You can put all four envelopes into a big DHL or Fedex envelope and write the address only. WES will open this one and will sort the envelopes out, no problem at all. I did this for my brother and we all got eca already. However if you wish you can write both reference numbers.

rajamaniu

Dec 22, 2018
Friends
I have my BCOM and ICWA certificates. Would i be eligible for 'Two or more degree out of which one would be for 3 years or more'? with respect to educational qualifications?

Thanks,

Uday

catalyst441

Sep 5, 2018
Friends
I have my BCOM and ICWA certificates. Would i be eligible for 'Two or more degree out of which one would be for 3 years or more'? with respect to educational qualifications?

Thanks,

Uday
Get an ECA done for your degrees from WES, IQAS or from CES. The assessment they come out with will help you get clarity whether you are eligible for 'Two or more degree out of which one would be for 3 years or more'.