+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Two or more degree, certificates or diploma

warquezho

Oct 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LadyArizona said:
I have a question regarding WES evaluation.

I graduated from Law School in Europe which is a 5-year university program (it was one program, Master's degree, no bachelor in between).

I did my WES evaluation and on my WES evaluation is says "Bachelor and Master's degree"

I am confused now. Which option should I choose:
- two or mode degrees (however, it was only one, with one title and one diploma) - this option has 128pts
- Master's degree (this is the highest one I have) - this option has 135 pts

I would appreciate your thoughts.
Thanks!
Choose Masters! You will get the highest points possible.

Nikhil89

Star Member
Jan 17, 2015
India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2016
AOR Received.
29-01-2016
Med's Done....
08-02-2016
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
No
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2016
Hi All,
My First Report Stated " Bachelor's degree 4 years "
I was really disappointed that they did not consider my CA Degree in the Canadian Equivalence Summary
Although some members in the forum are of the opinion that it is the mistake of the WES and we can safely consider 2 or more degrees.
But then I had thoughts otherwise so I reconfirmed with Asivad on the forum .
I waited for 5 months + with the same WES report in hand until one day my friend told me WES does change their report . (I had already sent them a request once to change) But they did not .
So this time around I sent them this
"Dear Director of Evaluation, Many thanks for evaluating my application. Please note that I received my evaluation dated 20 July, 2015. The Canadian equivalency summary states - "Bachelor''s Degree (Four years)", however section 1 of the credential analysis states a Canadian Equivalency of "Bachelor''s degree (four years)" and section 2 of the credential analysis in my report considers Chartered Accountancy course from The Institute Of Chartered Accountants of India as "Diploma (two years)". Hence for the purpose of immigration to Canada under the federal skilled workers program the Canadian Equivalency summary should state "Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years" in my report. Hence could you please change/update the summary and share a corrected report? Many thanks for your assistance. Kind Regards, Nikhil Wes Ref No - ******"
I would think that the WES guys think that this is a problem for many and hence changed my report
You should just edit the above post and send it to WES guys by clicking on the help Tab in wes.org/ca
Regards,
Nikhil

After sending this request within 2 weeks I got a reply that my canadian Equivalence Summary includes bachelors degree 3 years and Bachelor degree 4 years.. So after that I have mentioned in my ECA qualification as 2 or more degrees.. I have submitted my application in Jan'16 I guess it's under process..
So yaa
thanks
Nikhil

+1 if my post helps :D

LadyArizona

Feb 4, 2016
vivekskumar8544 said:
If you select two or more degrees u will get 128 pts also u will get skill transferability points if u have CLB level 9 in language test.
If you choose masters u will get 135 and on transferability the point u get on this will be less.
So do your math with the point and choose the right one for you.
At the same time IMO im not sure whether u can choose two or more, but please confirm it with seniors.
thanks for your answer. I don't really care about those extra few points, as I have LMIA as well. I'm just not sure about this option as I don't have two degrees.

warquezho said:
Choose Masters! You will get the highest points possible.
thank you! I intially chose Master so I think I'm gonna stick with it. It's the closest to what I have (one degree) and it's the highest level of my education.

I don't want CIC to come back and say "hello, we refuse your application because you chose the wrong WES credential"

user0309

Dec 17, 2015
Nikhil89 said:
Hi All,
My First Report Stated " Bachelor's degree 4 years "
I was really disappointed that they did not consider my CA Degree in the Canadian Equivalence Summary
Although some members in the forum are of the opinion that it is the mistake of the WES and we can safely consider 2 or more degrees.
But then I had thoughts otherwise so I reconfirmed with Asivad on the forum .
I waited for 5 months + with the same WES report in hand until one day my friend told me WES does change their report . (I had already sent them a request once to change) But they did not .
So this time around I sent them this
"Dear Director of Evaluation, Many thanks for evaluating my application. Please note that I received my evaluation dated 20 July, 2015. The Canadian equivalency summary states - "Bachelor''s Degree (Four years)", however section 1 of the credential analysis states a Canadian Equivalency of "Bachelor''s degree (four years)" and section 2 of the credential analysis in my report considers Chartered Accountancy course from The Institute Of Chartered Accountants of India as "Diploma (two years)". Hence for the purpose of immigration to Canada under the federal skilled workers program the Canadian Equivalency summary should state "Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years" in my report. Hence could you please change/update the summary and share a corrected report? Many thanks for your assistance. Kind Regards, Nikhil Wes Ref No - ******"
I would think that the WES guys think that this is a problem for many and hence changed my report
You should just edit the above post and send it to WES guys by clicking on the help Tab in wes.org/ca
Regards,
Nikhil

After sending this request within 2 weeks I got a reply that my canadian Equivalence Summary includes bachelors degree 3 years and Bachelor degree 4 years.. So after that I have mentioned in my ECA qualification as 2 or more degrees.. I have submitted my application in Jan'16 I guess it's under process..
So yaa
thanks
Nikhil

+1 if my post helps :D
Thanks for your inputs Nikhil, I wrote to WES and they also revised the Canadian Equivalency Summary to "Two bachelor's degrees (three years) and bachelor's degree (four years)" since I have CA and ICWA. So now I can apply under the education category of "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees"? How did your application go? Have you received an ITA?

Nikhil89

Star Member
Jan 17, 2015
India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2016
AOR Received.
29-01-2016
Med's Done....
08-02-2016
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
No
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2016
Hi user0309,
Cannot reply to your messages on PM as it gives me an error stating your inbox is full and cannot receive messages
Anyways find my response below

Hi Avani,
That's great news oh yes absolutely if your summary report mentions more than 2 degrees for eg: Bachelor's Degree 4years and CA degree 3 years you can definitely claim the "more than 2 degrees option"
I received my ITA in Dec15 submitted my application with all the documents in Jan end.. Fingers crossed hoping for the best
Good Luck to you.
Regards,
Nikhil

mohithanda88

Mar 12, 2016
Hi Nikhil,

Can you please share the email address/contact details of Director Evaluation (WES). I need to get my WES evaluation report corrected and am unable to reach out to them.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
mohithanda88 said:
Hi Nikhil,

Can you please share the email address/contact details of Director Evaluation (WES). I need to get my WES evaluation report corrected and am unable to reach out to them.
WES does not have a publicized contact email address, you can contact them here http://www.wes.org/ca/support/

mohithanda88

Mar 12, 2016
Hi Stanlee,

Thank you for your revert.

I had raised a request through contact us form (link which you have shared), however i have received a revert that i need to give written request to Director Evaluation for any changes in evaluation report.

Not able to figure out as how else i can give them written request? there is no other option on their website to contact them.

olipearce1987

Feb 22, 2016
Does anyone know if you can have 2 or more if you have a 3 year program made up of 2 programs, e.g.:

1. One year college diploma - This is one diploma

2. Higher National Diploma (2 Years)

3. Bachelors Degree (1 Year as first 2 years completed at step 2)

Thanks,

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
mohithanda88 said:
Hi Stanlee,

Thank you for your revert.

I had raised a request through contact us form (link which you have shared), however i have received a revert that i need to give written request to Director Evaluation for any changes in evaluation report.

Not able to figure out as how else i can give them written request? there is no other option on their website to contact them.
If it has to be a written request to Director Evaluation, then you may address a physical letter to the following address mentioning your concern as well as attach a copy of your ECA Report.

Director of Evaluation
WES Reference No.___________
World Education Services
Attention: Documentation Center
2 Carlton Street, Suite 1400
Toronto, ON M5B 1J3
Canada

ruchitajj

Star Member
Aug 9, 2016
Hi All,

I have a doubt regarding the education details to be provided. In my Wes report it shows:

Summary: Bachelors Degree 4 Year

1. Secondary School Diploma and Diploma 2 Years
2. Bachelors Degree 4 Year

In CIC website These are the sections mentioned

Express Entry education factor

University degree at the Doctoral (PhD) level
University degree at the Master’s level
Professional degree needed to practice in a licensed profession
Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees.
Bachelor’s degree or other programs (three or more years) at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
Two-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
One-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
Secondary school (high school diploma)

When u Open Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees section, it shows

Important notice: One must be for a program of three or more years.

ECA assessment results:

A three-year or more certificate, diploma, or degree

PLUS any of the results in the sections below (not including secondary/high school), or:

Post-Bachelor's Certificate
Post-undergraduate certificate
Post-Bachelor's Diploma
Post-undergraduate diploma
Graduate Certificate
Graduate Certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]
Postgraduate certificate
Postgraduate Diploma
Graduate Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]
Graduate diploma
two-year Postgraduate Diploma, specializing in [name of discipline]
two-year Bachelor’s after degree with a focus in [area of concentration]
one-year Postgraduate Certificate in [name of discipline]
one-year of graduate study with a focus in [area of concentration]
Study Toward a Master's Degree

The highlighted sentence mentions any degree or diploma Plus any of the results in the sections below (not including secondary/high school), or:

So the sections below are

Bachelor’s degree or other programs (three or more years) at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
Two-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
One-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
Secondary school (high school diploma)

So not including secondary school / high school diploma

and then they have Put an OR for the list of items they gave below it like

Post-Bachelor's Certificate
Post-undergraduate certificate
Post-Bache ..............................

So my diploma comes under the section

College Diploma
College Diploma (two years)
Diploma (two years)
Two-year diploma
Two-year diploma in [name of discipline]
Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years)
Associate Degree
Associate of [Arts/Science] degree
Post-secondary Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]
Two-year post-secondary Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]
Two-year associate degree

So IMO i think i can select two or more degree or diploma option. Please put your thoughts on this please.....

Hi ..

its wrt to the above...
Even I have the ditto credentials..
Since you already got your PR.... Can you please confirm that you entered "Two-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute" in your CRS and PR profiles?

I have got my ITA since I have also selected the same credentials but I am still not confident about it..I dont want to submit my PR profile and be rejected by the Federal..

Please help.

Jiogill

Star Member
Mar 27, 2016
Actually, I had submitted following credentials for assessment at that time

1) Transcripts of Bachelor of commerce(Full-time) , 3 Years from 2001 to 2004.
2) Transcripts of Diploma in business finance(Distance learning), 2 years from 2007 to 2009.
3) Designation certificate of Chartered Financial Analyst(Distance learning) , from 2009 to 2011.

ECA Report result says Canadian Equivalency Summary: Bachelor's degree(four years). There assessed two credentials assessed, One for 3 years Canadian equivalency and for second no duration mentioned and consIndian degreeered Diploma as integrated part of CFA and mentioned (4 years degree) for second assessment of CFA but with Remarks: The equivalency for this credential is stated in conjunction with study previously completed (see#1, above).

If we select Level of Education (Canadian equivalency) Bachelor's degree for 1st entry. Then what should I select in level of education (Canadian equivalency) for other two entries.

Below are the options what I am thinking,

Option 1:
Indian Degree: Bachelors( years) ................................Canadian Equivalent: Bachelors
Indian Degree: CFA(4 years duration) ............. Canadian Equivalent: Bachelors

But, In this case, CRS calculates points for ‘TWO or More degrees and one must be more then years’ whereas my ECA states Bachelor’s degree(four year).

Option 2:
INDIAN DEGREE: Bcom and Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor
INDIAN DEGREE: CFA AND Canadian Equivalent: Less than secondary school (high school).

I am selecting High school for Canadian equivalency to avoid secnd degree points. Is it okay and not a misrepresentation?

Option 3:
Indian Degree: Bachelors(3 years) ................................Canadian Equivalent: Bachelors
this is without CFA entry.

Option 4:
Indian Degree: Bachelors CFA(4 years duration) ................................Canadian Equivalent: Bachelors
This is without my Indian bachelor degree entry. Just CFA entry as highest qualification.

Please suggest if any option which is best suitable?

Below is the WES report(for reference)

Canadian Equivalency Summary: Bachelor’s Degree (Four years).

Credential Analysis

1.Credential: Bachelor of commerce
Year: 2004
Awarded Status: Recognized
Admission requirements: Secondary School graduation
Length of program: Three years
Major/Specialization: BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor degree (three years)

2.Credential: Chartered financial analyst
Year: 2011
Awarded Status: Recognized
Admission requirements: Bachelor degree

Length of program: Not Applicable
Major/Specialization: Finance
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor degree (four years).

Remarks: The equivalency for this credential is stated in conjunction with study previously completed (see#1, above).

---------End of ECA report result-------

hishamx87

Apr 25, 2017
Does anyone know if you can have 2 or more if you have a 3 year program made up of 2 programs, e.g.:

1. One year college diploma - This is one diploma

2. Higher National Diploma (2 Years)

3. Bachelors Degree (1 Year as first 2 years completed at step 2)

Thanks,
Hi,

I have a BTEC ND and 4 years Bachelors (ECA already obtained).

Can I get my BTEC evaluated as well and claim 2 or more diplome or degree points?

Regards,

Fatemasultana

Apr 7, 2018
I have 3 years IT experience with IELTS band clb 9 in all sections.

I have got ECA report from WES recently, please help me to claim appropriate points-

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Diploma (two years), bachelor's degree (four years)

My education history- I have done 2 years BTEC HND (Higher National Diploma) from Edexcel, London, UK. Then did one year Top Up degree from a UK university. I was given exempted credits for the first two years and only studied final year at university but got full Bachelors Degree certificate. My transcript mentioned my final year credits (120 credits) in details and
Exempt credits for prior learning at level 4 - 120 credits
Exempt credits for prior learning at level 5 - 120 credits
(does not mention anything regarding my diploma)

Total 360 credits and received 3 years bachelors degree certificate!

Now when I was filling EE profile I have filled details of my HND without any problem. Then I have added my Bachelors degree, here I had filled up a question regarding completed academic years, I have written 3 years though in reality I did attend only 1 year but got credits for other two years hence I chose 3 years.

In the question regarding Level of education I chose "Bachelors Degree". Then another question Level of education according to the ECA report I chose again "Bachelors Degree".

After submitting my profile I have received 50 skill transferablity points. I think system awarded me points for "Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees, one must be three or more years long".

Here is my confusion, "one must be three or more years long". I attended bachelors only 1 year but WES evaluated as 4 years bachelors degree hence system awarded me the points. As per the ECA report I do fulfill the requirements as it is clearly says Diploma (two years), bachelor's degree (four years) according to my transcript I may not fulfill that 3 years degree condition. Even if I write One year as the completed academic years my score stays same because level of education is Bachelors Degree.

Now the big question. Is it going to be misrepresentation? During assessment which education duration a VO look at, actual transcript or ECA? And I need a clarification-
How many year I should mention as my completed academic year? 1.5 years (my actual attendance)? 3 years (normal UK degree duration)? Or 4 years (ECA mentioned duration)?

Your help will be much appreciated!