+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TWO OR MORE CERTIFICATES, DIPLOMAS OR DEGREES...

SR1990

Jun 26, 2017
Hi to everyone, I just got my WES educational evaluation report.
The report says that my BSN and Masters in Nursing education have Canadian equivalency summary of “ Diploma (two years) and bachelor's degree (four years)” respectively..
My question is, can it be categorize under completion of two or more diploma, certificate and degree (one must be a program for three years or more) of Comprehensive Ranking System? or it will just be considered completion of a Bachelor’s degree?---because it is the highest level of education?

Thank you and have a nice day!

mytimet

Star Member
Feb 26, 2017
No,you can't. It clearly says one semester on your ECA, so you can not claim points for this. You need a course of at least one year to claim points.

Regards
I spoke with my University and they confirmed the course I did would have been offered in a one-year program, however, it was compacted to meet the demands of my profession to have completion by a certain time. would you suggest I contact WES to see what can be done regarding that one semester on my report?

gmchinchayan

Jun 24, 2017
Hi to everyone, I just got my WES educational evaluation report.
The report says that my BSN and Masters in Nursing education have Canadian equivalency summary of “ Diploma (two years) and bachelor's degree (four years)” respectively..
My question is, can it be categorize under completion of two or more diploma, certificate and degree (one must be a program for three years or more) of Comprehensive Ranking System? or it will just be considered completion of a Bachelor’s degree?---because it is the highest level of education?

Thank you and have a nice day!
I have somewhat of a similar situation, however I have a diploma in Canada and a degree from the US that was evaluated in as a (4 year bachelors).

So yes, if WES recognized you have a Diploma and Bachelors you do put completion of two or more diplomas, etc.

Reactions: SR1990

gmchinchayan

Jun 24, 2017
I spoke with my University and they confirmed the course I did would have been offered in a one-year program, however, it was compacted to meet the demands of my profession to have completion by a certain time. would you suggest I contact WES to see what can be done regarding that one semester on my report?
I was reading onto your question, so I kind of had a similar issue (although mine isn't as extreme), I went to university in the US and completed a Bachelors in 3 years, but when I had WES evaluate my studies they were able to find equivalency of my degree and the year length in Canadian standard (4 years),

So yes give WES a call and find out if that program is of 1 year equivalency to Canadian standard for immigration purposes

Reactions: mytimet

mytimet

Star Member
Feb 26, 2017
I was reading your question, so I kind of had a similar issue (although mine isn't as extreme), I went to university in the US and completed a Bachelors in 3 years, but when I had WES evaluate my studies they were able to find equivalency of my degree and the year length in Canadian standard (4 years),

So yes give WES a call and find out if that program is of 1-year equivalency to Canadian standard for immigration purposes
would a phone call work, because they said if your calling about a completed ECA then the customer service agents will not be able to help. Is there a direct number to call.

gmchinchayan

Jun 24, 2017
would a phone call work, because they said if your calling about a completed ECA then the customer service agents will not be able to help. Is there a direct number to call.
Oh darn, I would try and still contact them and figure out how to approach it, if not email them.
Did WES not give you a Canadian time length equivalency based on your certificate

mytimet

Star Member
Feb 26, 2017
Oh darn, I would try and still contact them and figure out how to approach it, if not email them.
Did WES not give you a Canadian time length equivalency based on your certificate
they said completion of a college-level certificate (one semester)

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
You can try contacting them but I have never heard of WES changing their evaluation.

All the best

Reactions: mytimet

SR1990

Jun 26, 2017
I have somewhat of a similar situation, however I have a diploma in Canada and a degree from the US that was evaluated in as a (4 year bachelors).

So yes, if WES recognized you have a Diploma and Bachelors you do put completion of two or more diplomas, etc.
Thank u for your reply.

EFK123

Star Member
Jul 23, 2017
Can someone please assist me urgently on the below:
I have done my programme in the following way (British university)

National Diploma from 2007 to 2009
Higher National Diploma from 2009 to 2011
Top-up 1 year programme Bachelors Degree 2011-2012..graduation was 2013

Now my entire programme was one diploma leading to the next and my Bachelors itself is a top up - continued from the earlier 2 diplomas... so my transcripts etc. for that course are also just courses for 1 year..
My maximum education is a Bachelors.

However, my WES evaluation came back as below:
Two diplomas (two years) and bachelor's degree (four years)
So thats like they are counting 8 years of education for me... though I have only done 5 years..
Each diploma is individually 2 years on the report breakdown as well

Please advise urgently if I can really put "two or more degrees"... and do I need a letter of explanation etc. to explain that these diplomas are all steps leading to another and the final was a one year top up (as opposed to a 4 year individual degree), or should I just mention it exactly as per the WES document... it is extremely confusing... I don't mind putting my Bachelors as my final as well... just want to make sure that whatever it is , is correct...

thankyou all