+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tuition fees payment for international students

Prakaashankar

Mar 5, 2024
Hi there

My Brother is looking forward to start a course from fall. I’m planning to make a payment towards his first semester tuition fees as his bank loan process is getting delayed. Once he gets the loan approved he will be sending the funds back to me.

I have 2 questions
1. Paying a fee from Canada to my sibling in India will that impact my sibling’s student permit negatively
2. I think once I pay it from here maybe on the receipt it would show that it’s been paid from Canada. So not sure how that would be perceived by ircc when he submits his study permit application. This a related to initial question. But this leans toward “should he mention on his study permit application anywhere that first semesters fees is paid by his sibling in order for timely submission of his study permit application “

Early response is appreciated

Thanks and Regards
Prakash

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi there

My Brother is looking forward to start a course from fall. I’m planning to make a payment towards his first semester tuition fees as his bank loan process is getting delayed. Once he gets the loan approved he will be sending the funds back to me.

I have 2 questions
1. Paying a fee from Canada to my sibling in India will that impact my sibling’s student permit negatively
2. I think once I pay it from here maybe on the receipt it would show that it’s been paid from Canada. So not sure how that would be perceived by ircc when he submits his study permit application. This a related to initial question. But this leans toward “should he mention on his study permit application anywhere that first semesters fees is paid by his sibling in order for timely submission of his study permit application “

Early response is appreciated

Thanks and Regards
Prakash
He should be paying the first year.

Prakaashankar

Mar 5, 2024
I checked with college they’re saying it wouldn’t show the name of person on tuition fee receipt who’s paying the tuition fees if we are doing it from here. Can I pay it from here then

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I checked with college they’re saying it wouldn’t show the name of person on tuition fee receipt who’s paying the tuition fees if we are doing it from here. Can I pay it from here then
Yes. You need to pay first year tuition. Assuming he is taking Masters or PhD because if not, still needs letter of attestation from province.

Prakaashankar

Mar 5, 2024
Ok I understand first semester tuition fees needs to be paid does it matter who’s is paying. Can I pay it from Canada or only he has to pay from India

Ross88

Star Member
May 27, 2023
Your brother shouldn't be relying on a loan for first year tuition and living expenses. He is setting himself up for a miserable time in Canada!

Reactions: Shmiler

Shmiler

Star Member
Oct 19, 2020
They don't care. No matter how many times they're told they come anyway and spend the whole time complaining.

Reactions: Naturgrl