+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Trying for InLand application through Study Permit entry

username_1

Mar 27, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

I’m new to this process. I’m currently PR in Canada and my fiancé she works in India.

We are planning to get married by end of this year. I went through few threads in this forum and learnt that doing sponsorship in India or in Canada both are going to take longer time but doing it from India we have to stay apart and if we do it from inside Canada we can live together as long as it takes.

So obviously as everyone else my Plan A is to get her in Canada(through Visitor/Study) and do sponsorship from here, else Plan B is to apply from India.

I was wondering if I can get her admitted into some Canadian University for a decent program(1/2 yrs), get her Study Permit and then before entering into Canada I marry her, she lands as student and then after coming in she continues school while I apply for her Sponsorship application. Will this plan work without any fall backs or I’m I missing something here?

Valuable input is required from experts here.

floomy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
not sure how long SP would take in India ( but there are a lot of docs ex: financial support, acceptance letter etc, you need to prepare and processing time)

so if she holds VR already, she may enter Canada as a visitor (after married) then applied for inland and owp.

if she want to study, she can apply for study permit in Canada later.

hope it helps.

username_1

Mar 27, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
floomy said:
not sure how long SP would take in India ( but there are a lot of docs ex: financial support, acceptance letter etc, you need to prepare and processing time)

so if she holds VR already, she may enter Canada as a visitor (after married) then applied for inland and owp.

if she want to study, she can apply for study permit in Canada later.

hope it helps.
Thanks for your reply.

She do not have any visa yet.

Reason behind choosing Study as Plan A is: In India, Study Visa has high acceptance rate compared to Visitors Visa(specifically which involves Spouse). I just need to get admission, arrange the required documents, and If I succeed doing that getting Study visa is a piece of cake. I'm less worried about this part.

My confusion is the following:

Let's say after coming in if my spouse discontinues her study, will that affect InLand application?
For Ex: say she gets into 2 year Post Graduate program, she comes in and after 6 months or in 1 year she decides to drop the study and meanwhile lets say we already applied for InLand sponsorship, will she be able to get work permit in this case? Does dropping studies has negative effect on InLand application?

floomy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. your wife would report to CIC that she would stop studying or her school would do it anyway.

2. if you would apply for Inland , she would apply for Open work permit.
then she can work with OWP (think it is valid for 2 yrs )

3. as long as she maintain legal status while waiting for PR, she should be fine.