+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV (temporary resident visa) expiry date?

Aero20035

Apr 28, 2015
Hi there

Update: "A temporary resident visa (TRV) will be issued if you are from a designated country for which Canada requires a visa. The TRV will be in your passport. The expiry date on this visa indicates the date by which you must enter Canada. You must enter Canada before your TRV expires."
source CIC site

the question about the part at which they say "you must eneter canada before you TRV expires"

How long can i stay in my country before entering Canada after my TRV is issued ?

nidhi777

Star Member
Apr 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dear,
there is no such thing that u have to leave your country after a trv is issued but you can not enter tge country of issuing trv after the expiry date. you must enter before it.

Aero20035

Apr 28, 2015
nidhi777 said:
dear,
there is no such thing that u have to leave your country after a trv is issued but you can not enter tge country of issuing trv after the expiry date. you must enter before it.
Thanks nidhi to clear things up

wish you a nice day : )

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
Aero20035 said:
Hi there

Update: "A temporary resident visa (TRV) will be issued if you are from a designated country for which Canada requires a visa. The TRV will be in your passport. The expiry date on this visa indicates the date by which you must enter Canada. You must enter Canada before your TRV expires."
source CIC site

the question about the part at which they say "you must eneter canada before you TRV expires"

How long can i stay in my country before entering Canada after my TRV is issued ?
TRV and study permit/work permit/visitors permit etc are two separate documents . TRV lets u enter canada and study permit lets u live in canada legally. at POE they will decide how long u can stay in canada. if u have applied for study permit then at POE they will look at ur course duration and depending on that issue a study permit. now once u have study permit u can stay in canada legally as long as its valid and u have not violated conditions of ur study permit.

Aero20035

Apr 28, 2015
mead said:
TRV and study permit/work permit/visitors permit etc are two separate documents . TRV lets u enter canada and study permit lets u live in canada legally. at POE they will decide how long u can stay in canada. if u have applied for study permit then at POE they will look at ur course duration and depending on that issue a study permit. now once u have study permit u can stay in canada legally as long as its valid and u have not violated conditions of ur study permit.
Thanks mead