+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV rejected..need help immediately

shar1406

Nov 2, 2009
Hi,

I have got an "unpaid" internship at the university of waterloo's journal "alternatives". I intially wrote to the immigration officers asking them the procedure for application of visa. I was told to apply on work permit and they said LMO will be exempted if you can prove that your work is of significant contribution to Canada. My letter from the editor did state that. I was denied visa due to lack of LMO. There was no way I could get an LMO as my magazine was hiring various interns from across the globe. And this was not employment too.

When I wrote to them again, I was asked to apply under TRV. I reapplied, this time with a cover letter stating my clear intentions. I wanted to get trained and come back to India. Also, mentioned my family ties and everything else that needed answer.

Rejected again. I dont understand when the case is genuine, why visa officers reject it? How do I prove that I am NOT going to stay in their country? Do visa officers even read the cover letter? How much of an explanation I gave! Despite this, and all the documents being in place, getting rejected and depriving me of a good opportunity is really disgusting!

I can get a guarantee letter from my family that I will come back. What is the guarantee that I will get my visa even then? I am funding my whole program.

What do I need to do to just go and finish my training and come back?
Anyone has thoughts?

Thanks

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
shar1406 said:
Hi,

I have got an "unpaid" internship at the university of waterloo's journal "alternatives". I intially wrote to the immigration officers asking them the procedure for application of visa. I was told to apply on work permit and they said LMO will be exempted if you can prove that your work is of significant contribution to Canada. My letter from the editor did state that. I was denied visa due to lack of LMO. There was no way I could get an LMO as my magazine was hiring various interns from across the globe. And this was not employment too.

When I wrote to them again, I was asked to apply under TRV. I reapplied, this time with a cover letter stating my clear intentions. I wanted to get trained and come back to India. Also, mentioned my family ties and everything else that needed answer.

Rejected again. I dont understand when the case is genuine, why visa officers reject it? How do I prove that I am NOT going to stay in their country? Do visa officers even read the cover letter? How much of an explanation I gave! Despite this, and all the documents being in place, getting rejected and depriving me of a good opportunity is really disgusting!

I can get a guarantee letter from my family that I will come back. What is the guarantee that I will get my visa even then? I am funding my whole program.

What do I need to do to just go and finish my training and come back?
Anyone has thoughts?

Thanks
Your magazine would need to file for an LMO for you.

http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/eng/workplaceskills/foreign_workers/lmodir/lmodir-11.shtml

"11.2 Unpaid Work

Unpaid labour may take a number of forms, and can include arrangements such as:

* Unpaid internships for students as part of their professional training.
* Work completed by individuals on a volunteer basis.
* Job shadowing/on-the-job opportunities taken by established professionals for the purpose of learning new skills or methods.

Unpaid labour can include positions that:

* Are entirely unpaid.
* Pay significantly less than expected.
* Provide a stipend.

There are unpaid positions exempted from the need for a Labour Market Opinion and/or a work permit. These positions are specified in Sections 186 and 205 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations." Your internship does not belong to the group that does not require work permit (186) and since you were already denied visa when you applied under "significant contribution ..." (205), your magazine needs to apply for a LMO in your favor.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
maybe there's a chance to attend an interview for you in the Canadian consulate? this way you have all the chances to say all your reasons to them and have your application approved?

shar1406

Nov 2, 2009
Thanks for the reply. It is impossible to get an LMO. My university will not give it. I heard that the officers only reply to emails and do not meet or answer calls.
If there would be an interview, it will be great! I get a chance.
How do I schedule for my interview?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

shar1406 said:
Thanks for the reply. It is impossible to get an LMO. My university will not give it. I heard that the officers only reply to emails and do not meet or answer calls.
If there would be an interview, it will be great! I get a chance.
How do I schedule for my interview?
You don't, if a consulate wants to interview you they will ask you to attend. As explained earlier, the consulate has said you require an LMO. The University is not willing to get an LMO, so you were refused, game over.

PMM

shar1406

Nov 2, 2009
Re: TRV rejected..need help immediately..PMM please respond

Thanks for the reply. When I wrote to CIC explaining my case, they told me to apply on TRV. How will the university give an LMO because it is not even justified in this case. It is not work and I am going for getting trained and it is as simple as that. My letter states the starting and duration an end dates of the internship. The university hires many such interns across the world, so LMO is just out of question. I dont get a justification for this. It is not a job threat to Canadians or I am not even getting a stipend. I dont think anyone read my cover letter too.

It is unfair. Really unfair.

I need solutions, not a no, and end of the game!