+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Trv refused!!:(

Skylover

Jul 8, 2011
I just got a refusal for my trv.Reasons being travel history, purpose of visit and family ties. I appiled together with my same sex partner. I hold a malaysian passport and my partner an indonesian passport. I am sponsoring her as a domestic helper in malaysia as this is the only way i can sponsor her to stay in malaysia. We were both refused the trv. Travel history, i only been to singapore and australia. I had an canadian trv which expired 4 years ago and a usa visa expiring in may. Though i never utilised both visa. Purpose of visit,i stated for tourism and listed a few places we were planning to visit. Family ties, my parents and siblings are all in malaysia. We are thinking of applying again but can someone help us by giving us suggestions on how to improve our chances. I am thinking of attaching a cover letter and addressing their refusal points one by one. However, in terms of travel history, i am not sure on how to improve that. With regards to purpose, i am thinking of adding the fact that we are planning to go to canadaU to check out regulations and possiblilty of getting married there. Would that affect about application if i add that new information? Family ties, like i say my family is all here in malaysia. Can i include a cover letter, so say that i run a successful medical practice or 13 years and include copies of my leasing agreement, 2 car loans , 2 houses loans and 1 fully paid apartment, all under my name. Is it too soon for me to apply one week after rejection coz i seriously dont see any reason why my application would be refused. Are we not allowed to go to canada just for a holiday. Thank you for any help rendered.

M

mikeymyke

Travel history, I don't know why they would refuse you because of that. You had a Canada TRV and a US visa, you travelled to Singapore and Australia, which are both affluent countries. It's weird you were approved for a TRV 4 years ago, but now you're refused.

Family ties, I don't know why they would refuse cause of that, having your entire family in Malaysia is about as strong a family tie back home as you can get.

Purpose of visit, I can see why they would refuse, you should provide a more detailed plan of where you're going, which hotels you will be staying, etc.

Skylover

Jul 8, 2011
Actually,we did list down which hotels we will be staying in and specific places we planned to visit. Our plan is to stay in canada for only 10 days. Seriously, i do not know where i go wrong, other than submit to them an oxford dict. thick application manually rather than online . So any suggestions what more i could add to my dict. :)

M

mikeymyke

I don't know much about when applying and bringing someone with you, but maybe they also take your partner's history into account too? Maybe he/she has a poor travel history and weaker family ties. Not sure if that's a factor.

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Our plan is to stay in canada for only 10 days.
Why only for 10 days? It is a long trip to Canada. What is there you are so desperate to take such a long trip.

Also, did you travel to Canada with your partner before? And what is an attitude to the same sex partners in Malaysia and Indonesia? VO officer could have suspected that you could file a refugee claim as soon as you get to Canada.

Skylover

Jul 8, 2011
I assumed 10 days would be enough as i mentioned i run my own medical practice solo and am unable to have the luxury of closing my practice for more than the stated time. I have been to canada on my own about 15 years ago when i was still in university for a holiday and only stay for 10 days. Refugee claims, maybe u r right, they might suspect that, if so, how can i prove otherwise? Seemingly, i am financially stable and we are both in our 40's, which i wanted to seek refugee status i would have gone with my partner to usa since i still hola a valid usa tourist visa.

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canada does not care about US refugee systems. Besides you got visa there but never used it. (??)
There are a lot of small things in your situation now that looked suspicious to VO.

15 years is a very long time. Then you were a poor single student.

I do not know: try again, explaining that you have a good job in home country, assets and so on and would like to show your partner places that you liked so much 15 years ago in Canada.However, do not mention marriage law . Just for this time. Do not spook them :)