+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV - refused why?

camzy123

Sep 9, 2013
I submitted my son and I's documents for TRV, we submitted complete documents but still got refused. We have an invitation letter from his grandfather and still got refused,

We got the checklist marked with,

I am not satisfied that you have sufficient funds, including income or assets, to carry out your stated purpose in going to Canada or to maintain yourself while in Canada and to effect your departure.
You have not provided sufficient documentation to support your / your host's income and assets.

I have a bank statement with 15,000-16,000CAD

and his grand father showed another 10,000 CAD and he indicated in the application that we will stay in their house but still got rejected. Should I re apply again? We wanted to celebrate christmas in canada.

samdxb89

Aug 30, 2013
What all documents did you provide?

were Bank Statements, Pay slips and Salary Certificate included?

camzy123

Sep 9, 2013
My bank statements, i dont have salary slips since i have my own business, i have a bank certification with my ADB(annual daily balance) both for my $ (us) account and my local currency.

For his grandfather we included his bank statements and his t4.

samdxb89

Aug 30, 2013
Make sure to include all the documents you can to prove that you own a business. In the letter of explanation, give detailed points describing the importance of your return in the business.

Make sure your grandfather, gives all his documents as well, Letter of invitation, Tax Slips, Bank Statement and whatever he can.

camzy123

Sep 9, 2013
actually all they need is more funds on my account or my income documents right? Because Im not usually using my bank for cash flow all my transactions are done via cash basis/ credit card which would really might confuse them of me just borrowing money or something. Is it ok to provide them scanned Bank passbook , time deposit certificates etc?

as for my in laws what can they add if they have already given the t4 and bank statements.

samdxb89

Aug 30, 2013
I'm really not quite sure about the funds, but from my experience, all they want to know that i will return after my stay. And for the funds i just showed my bank statements, pay slips and Salary Certificate

camzy123

Sep 9, 2013
I have no pay slips since I don't work as an employee, I have a bank certification and bank statement.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
The question that came to my mind was what kind of business do you run? How will it function in your absence? Can you include evidence of business income with annual tax docs?
Have you done other pleasure travel? Do you own property? What other family do you have at home? You have to prove solid ties. Show the VO that you have reasons to return that are stronger than the ties to Canada.

camzy123

Sep 9, 2013
I run a webhosting business and yes I have annual tax documents, I have a home, 2 cars. Yes I have done pleasure travel. But on the checklist they didnt cross out the reasons that Im not coming back only the more assets need and sufficient host assets income.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Did you include your ownership of the two houses in your list of assets? Seems crazy, but it helps prove your ties. Your employment is not going to do much to help ties to your country if I am right in thinking it could all be done on Internet ?? Bank statement and Notice of Assessment for your host as well.

camzy123

Sep 9, 2013
I have 2 cars and a home but not under my name (home) since its a donee from my mother (inheritance), my host already sent me pdfs of his t4 and bank statements.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
If the home is not in your name then it will not help. The VO included insufficient assets in the refusal so somehow you will have to address that before reapplying. Good luck.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
T4 are not Notice of Assessment.

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/E/pbg/tf/t4/