+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV refused two times from Kenya to Canada

westendgirl

May 4, 2013
Hi There,
I am reaching out to see if anyone has any advice for me. I live in Canada and my boyfriend lives in Kenya. We have submitted an application twice for a TRV and it was denied both times. We submitted all the documentation we possibly could and now I have no idea if there is anything else we can do or apply for.

The reasons for his refusal seem to be pretty standard from what I have read:
-travel history
-ties to family in Canada and in country of residence

Any advice/recommendation would be greatly appreciated as we are both extremely devastated right now at the thought of never being together. I was just there to visit in October, but am hesitant to return if there is no way he could ever come here to visit - too heartbreaking...

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi

Sorry to say that once CIC decides that his ties in Canada are stronger than his home country ties, there is pretty much no chance of them letting him in because of the risk of him overstaying.

Have you guys lived together for longer than a year? If you have, you could sponsor him for PR as your common-law spouse. If not, you should look at both of you maybe moving to a 3rd country for now until you do qualify as common-law or until you get married.

Good luck

westendgirl

May 4, 2013
Thank you for your reply! I thought that was going to be the answer I received. So, basically the only option of ever being together is for me to go there for a year or live together elsewhere for a year and then apply for PR here to Canada? Or we get married and then apply for PR?

Wow, it's shocking at how unfair this is esepcially when visiting intentions were legit and that he would return home to Kenya after visiting - because of his job and the fact he supports his Mom, Sister and brother.

This is so devastating and heart breaking!

Thanks again for you reply!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Sorry it wasn't better news. It really can be a difficult and sometimes unfair process.

Living together and then sponsoring him is your best bet. Either live together for the one year in another country and then apply common-law or live together for awhile, get married and apply.

I say to live together before getting married because after 2 TRV refusals, for you guys to get married now while living apart and then apply straightaway for PR would be a big red flag for CIC.

tweetybird

Star Member
Mar 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 9, 2014. Sponsor Approval : June 5, 2014
Doc's Request.
PGR: august 5, 2014
File Transfer...
June 5, 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 7, 2014
Passport Req..
October 24, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made: Nov 6,2014
LANDED..........
Nov 20, 2014
westendgirl said:
Thank you for your reply! I thought that was going to be the answer I received. So, basically the only option of ever being together is for me to go there for a year or live together elsewhere for a year and then apply for PR here to Canada? Or we get married and then apply for PR?

Wow, it's shocking at how unfair this is esepcially when visiting intentions were legit and that he would return home to Kenya after visiting - because of his job and the fact he supports his Mom, Sister and brother.

This is so devastating and heart breaking!

Thanks again for you reply!
I agree that it shocks me how unfair it is for a legit honost person gets refused! I am in the same situation for my boyfriend to come and visit me this summer. We have not submitted the application yet but are prepared for the worst. I wrote a letter of invitation as his girlfriend (being honost) he has a job to go home to and previous travel history to Canada and also a return ticket. They can still deny him.
Just wondering if he had a return ticket or previous travel to canada. That might have helped.
Sorry to hear the sad news. I hate how this country makes it hard for people to be together yet so many abuse the system!
I hope you find a plan B

tweetybird

Star Member
Mar 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
June 5, 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 7, 2014
Passport Req..
October 24, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Nov 20, 2014
also did you apply for single entry or mulitple entry? Multiple entry would show that he would be able to return another time under the same visa...that might have helped.

westendgirl

May 4, 2013
Hi there, I hope u have better luck than us!!

Yes, we submitted confirmation that he had a return ticket confirmed, but we only applied for single entry because I thought that would be better. Not sure what to do anymore.

No he doesn't have any travel history to provide which I know definitely didn't help our case at all.

Yes, it's a very sad time for us right now and not fair when we are legitimately honest people who would not take advantage of the system and were honest on everything and provided as much documentation we could proving to the VO's that he would only be visiting for 5 weeks.

Where is your boyfriend from?

tweetybird

Star Member
Mar 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
June 5, 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 7, 2014
Passport Req..
October 24, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Nov 20, 2014
He's from Mexico.
It's so hard to prove you will go back even a job and all the money in the bank and a house etc. honost people get refused and it's all just so case specific. Grrrr makes me mad. We are both stressed right now but have hope and if he gets denied then I will use the ticket and pay the change fee to go down there instead. Just puts a big dagger in the plans. What kills me is that when you have to fill out sponsorship papers in the future they ask if they have met your family. Well...they don't make it easy for them to come and do that now do they!! We would never try to over stay and in my invitation letter I submitted all my documents and proof of employment, I'm a teacher and would never do anything against the law!
So we have our fingers and toes crossed. Yes multiple entry might have helped. Not sure.
All the best and keep me posted
Xx

westendgirl

May 4, 2013
My fingers and toes are crossed for you both!! And yes I have to agree - it's brutal how our hands are at the mercy of the government and us as honest people get the shaft due to the abuse on the system that others have done.

I can't believe I actaullu have to make a choice - end my relationship or move out of Canada. So doesn't make any sense!!

Anyways, all the best to you too and keep me posted as well and I truly hope you receive good news!!

tweetybird

Star Member
Mar 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
June 5, 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 7, 2014
Passport Req..
October 24, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Nov 20, 2014
How long have you been together? I would not end it. Maybe go for a month to visit then go again if possible throughout the year.
I have been to visit 3 times this past year and a half for about 2-3 weeks at a time. I would have gone more but my job only allows christmas, spring break and summer vacations!

tweetybird

Star Member
Mar 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
June 5, 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 7, 2014
Passport Req..
October 24, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Nov 20, 2014
I have no idea. It's costly and time consumming to re apply each time for single entry. What you have to have is strong ties to your home country. We decided to apply multiple so that he can come at Christmas as well. We just thought we would give it a chance.

westendgirl

May 4, 2013
We've been together a year and I was in kenya in october for a visit. It's so expensive to fly there or else I would just hop on a plane right now.

Not sure what the future will hold but I am trying to stay positive and see what all optiins are.

I had read somewhere that single entry was better for the first time but honestly who knows - if u aplly for multi they may still even just approve a single (which is good so u don't have to reapply for a single).

It's so hard to know what the VO's are thinking and what their parameters are - it feels like mostly a luck of the draw.

I feel positive for u guys!!!

tweetybird

Star Member
Mar 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
June 5, 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 7, 2014
Passport Req..
October 24, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Nov 20, 2014
You are right...it seems just luck. I've read so many stories where couple have shown a lot of proof even their own children in their home countries. Who knows?! Just makes me mad. I'd be happy if we got the single even if we paid for multiple.
Anyway please don't give up hope. It's so hard to be away from your loved one and so many people are in your situation. Makes me so sad. I didn't realize how difficult these TRV's were to get.
Thanks for your support